Smaller windshield wiper spotted in latest Tesla Cybertruck video? Also without door handles.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
There really is something interesting going on with the steering. It looks as if it is a very high steering ratio in order to make the front tires rotate that quickly. This is also seen in other videos. Anyone have any thoughts as to why that might be or is it a non-event?
Likely drive/steer by wire where the ratio is increased at low speeds allowing for much easier turning, especially when using a yoke. Though we don't see it in any current CT videos footage, It would be practical to believe it would also reduce the ratio at higher speeds so that oversteering is reduced as well.
Sponsored

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
Likely drive/steer by wire where the ratio is increased at low speeds allowing for much easier turning, especially when using a yoke. Though we don't see it in any current CT videos footage, It would be practical to believe it would also reduce the ratio at higher speeds so that oversteering is reduced as well.
So you think progressive steering will be available at production? I remember Elon stating that if regulations can't allow for steer-by-wire, having a geared steering system to allow for variable ratios would add complexity.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Saw this short video via reddit post today. Normally don't put much stock into 'new' videos but the windshield wiper does look different.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 4.17.05 PM.jpg
What the hell is that disgusting thing hanging on the side of the door? Yuck. And the wiper looks like a half-size foldable. Where's my laser blaster?

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Saw this short video via reddit post today. Normally don't put much stock into 'new' videos but the windshield wiper does look different.

Screenshot 2023-01-28 at 4.17.05 PM.jpg
..and seen here is the grower iteration, which came before the shower (BAW)

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
So you think progressive steering will be available at production? I remember Elon stating that if regulations can't allow for steer-by-wire, having a geared steering system to allow for variable ratios would add complexity.
I want the light back that is above windshield… looks like that is gone…sad

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

I had a 2003 Toyota Prado a lreadywith variable rate steering, not that complicated to do mechanically. Others do it, no reason CT can't have it.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I believe steer-by-wire is allowed in the US already:

Toyota bZ4x
Lexus RZ450e
Infiniti Q50

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The more I see those headlights the less I like them, makes the gap between bumper and front fascia too big. OG proto that had them in the bumper looked better.

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
Yes, it's old... the reason it looks like CGI is because of the steer by wire making the wheels snap almost to seem fake. I could really care less about what the wiper looks like... really, after seeing this truck in all its "BEAUTY" the wiper is merely a bug splatter. Bring it on!!!
Yes I noticed the speed of the string to.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What is a road raged bikie going to do?

Come over and kick the door in?