Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
If it was $24k all in with the accessories, I think they might have something. But the kitchen, toilet, shower, etc. will drive the price of this too high.

I wish them the best of luck.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
i could make that...
quite easily
but 15k seems more correct pricing to me with no accesories, save the bed

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Seems like 24K should be a 'typo' (graphical error), as to me probably a price range 2.4K - 10K seems more realistic, if they intend to manufacture these at scale.

Right now, all we are seeing is renderings, but in their defense they don't yet have a Cybertruck to demonstrate and provide images of the real thing.

Still, they have to be using a 3D model of the Cybertruck to generate the views, but a couple of the renderings make no sense, because in one of them the sink and cook-top burners placed forward, would have to be protruding into space downward into the back seat area, and it certainly looks like the rear roof glass would have to be removed for the 3D model in that rendering to even work at all, because of the depth of the sink:

Tesla Cybertruck Space Camper for Cybertruck announced 1671336351876

I would hope for that price, they would be including the storage 'docking' rack and I think that's a cool idea even though they're depending on the CT suspension height adjustments to do the work:

Tesla Cybertruck Space Camper for Cybertruck announced 1671337055585

But again looking at the side view and the small sliver of vertical height in the camper part that fits over the back seat area, I just don't see how the sink and cook top shown in the rendering above it would ever fit in there, considering the rendering even shows it a few inches below the top shell seal.

I'm thinking because this is an earlier set of renderings, they are more of a 'concept' proposal than a final specification. I would really want this to work, but their price seems to be targeting early adopters with a lot of extra money, instead of pricing for wider market at scale.

But, with any renderings we should research carefully and make sure they're not a 'Trevor Milton' exaggeration. I see some creative ideas in the renderings, but they should be careful not to violate laws of physics virtually by making two things occupy the same space, because in the real world they cannot get away with that. Lessons of Trevor Milton's marketing show that over-promising something in renderings will not age or end well.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Seems like 24K should be a 'typo' (graphical error), as to me probably a price range 2.4K - 10K seems more realistic, if they intend to manufacture these at scale.

Right now, all we are seeing is renderings, but in their defense they don't yet have a Cybertruck to demonstrate and provide images of the real thing.

Still, they have to be using a 3D model of the Cybertruck to generate the views, but a couple of the renderings make no sense, because in one of them the sink and cook-top burners placed forward, would have to be protruding into space downward into the back seat area, and it certainly looks like the rear roof glass would have to be removed for the 3D model in that rendering to even work at all, because of the depth of the sink:

1671336351876.png

I would hope for that price, they would be including the storage 'docking' rack and I think that's a cool idea even though they're depending on the CT suspension height adjustments to do the work:

1671337055585.png

But again looking at the side view and the small sliver of vertical height in the camper part that fits over the back seat area, I just don't see how the sink and cook top shown in the rendering above it would ever fit in there, considering the rendering even shows it a few inches below the top shell seal.

I'm thinking because this is an earlier set of renderings, they are more of a 'concept' proposal than a final specification. I would really want this to work, but their price seems to be targeting early adopters with a lot of extra money, instead of pricing for wider market at scale.

But, with any renderings we should research carefully and make sure they're not a 'Trevor Milton' exaggeration. I see some creative ideas in the renderings, but they should be careful not to violate laws of physics virtually by making two things occupy the same space, because in the real world they cannot get away with that. Lessons of Trevor Milton's marketing show that over-promising something in renderings will not age or end well.

- ÆCIII
Seems like renders and cardboard prototypes for overpriced overly complex solutions for the cybertruck is the rule. CyberLandr, the Boat, and this thing are very unlikely to see the light of day.

The $24k price tag is likely accurate based on creating the over-engineered product they present here. Someone else, likely someone building similar products already is almost certain to release something in the $3k - $5k price range which delivers much of what this does. It’ll likely be far simpler and actually ship sooner than any of these concepts.

I do like this, but pricing is way out there.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Because they're several feet back from the hinge point in the render?

-Crissa

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Because they're several feet back from the hinge point in the render?

-Crissa
I can see how to some, the appearance might suggest that in some ways.

But, if one looks closely at the inside of the 'hinge point' the sink is actually very close to that hinge point, and moreover looking a the cook-top burner's position relative to the left back window, and that whole front assembly's position relative to the length of the camper top seal. Paying attention to the distance from the closest right corner of the sink top, tracing towards the back right corner of the camper lid and Cybertruck bed itself - I believe this shows too much space in front of the sink for it to be in the CT bed area versus being positioned (forward further) over the back seat.

I could be perceiving it wrong, as the views are limited, but 3D modeling and rendering tools offer something that would easily clarify their placement of features and amenities, and it would also make more 'eye catching' promotional views as well. The 3D modeling and rendering tools I'm talking about are Partially Transparent 3D and Elevation Views. Here is an example of such views for the Model ≡ for example:

Tesla Cybertruck Space Camper for Cybertruck announced 1671384385602

Tesla Cybertruck Space Camper for Cybertruck announced 1671384718278

If they used some of these type illustrations in their promotional web site content, it would show us more concisely how the featured amenities are placed to fit, and inclusion of some transparent renderings would indeed make a stronger presentation of their design and engineering prowess to smartly make those features and amenities fit into a confined space.

Campers are all about optimization of space, so if they used every available means to show us how their product is space optimized, then that's a stronger presentation for them and a clearer less ambiguous presentation for us. They could also include other methods such as 'cut-away', 'cross-section', and other views too numerous to delve into here. Point is they have a lot more illustration options than they're currently using.

So I think if they did this for some additional Space Camper illustrations on their web site, it would more clearly demonstrate their design and answer many questions that might be out there. Considering the pricing they are proposing I think they need to have as clear of a presentation as possible to assure appreciation of their design.

-ÆCIII

Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
This is a step up for those whose been in tent or auto camping.

But a big no way from the wifey of those who've already been in a trailer, motorhomes, truck campers... with their toilet/bath, kitchen, small sofa, ref and full size bed.

chalupacabre

First Name
chalupacabre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 T3LR/DM
Occupation
vetter
Country flag
My $50k CT will probably be delivered sub$70k. I'll immediately put it on the market at $105k. All this overpriced aftermarket junk can be added for under $1k, not as slick, but it will allow glamping.

Space monkey

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fat Cat
Occupation
Philosopher
Country flag
24k will get you a pretty decent trailer perhaps. That’s good because you will have somewhere hang out in when you’re stopping at just about every supercharger on your trip.
From what we’ve seen from the other electric trucks, the towing range is half or less. And the other trucks rely way less on aerodynamics than CT for claims of range. Any guesses out there? If a truck goes from Cd of .6 to closer to 1, and looses half its range, how about a CT with a Cd of .4 slipping to closer to 1? I’m guessing that 500 miles of range is gonna be less than 200.
So while this seems like a lot of money for less camping luxury, you will be able to camp off road, and stay on the road far longer between charging. Not for all, but definitely for many.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Hmmm...
I love the design but the price is a bit rough. This isn't surprising to me as everything cybertruck related appears to be inflated for one reason or anything. Maybe this will actually ship with materials and build quality actually worth that. Elon confirmed the Cybertruck will be the first Tesla to support bi-directional power (even when the Cybertruck is turned off), so the options are more broad than you might think. Here are some alternatives for fun comparison:
$55k -- https://cyberlandr.com/ full pop up, fully collapse. 1200lbs dry
$15k-$20k -- https://coachmenrv.com/camping-trailers/v-trec/V1/343 2600 lbs dry. Full heat pump. Etc. These are great and you can detached and drive light.

Personally, I'm surprised there haven't been more cybertruck themed trailers. But a good, much larger, tent trailer is similarly priced. Of course the trailer comes with appliances. But if you really want a fully integrated solution, the price tag is still high, but not insane.

Personally, I'm opting for a trailer. I like being able to easily disconnect. Yeah, there's a hit to range, but it seems like the bi-directional support of the CT with a trailer and additional PVs would more than make up for that.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, you guys really like this concept better than the CyberLandr??? Hmmmm.... One's a cabin... ones a tent... I guess options are good for the wallet... if you have any left after either of the purchases that is..
Sponsored