SpaceX employees denounce CEO Musk as 'distraction': letter [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
if you’re trying to encourage people to do their job without ruffling any feathers, don’t use the scene from The Matrix that demonstrates how modern work environments are designed to break your spirit and encourage blind conformity and obedience. Because that inevitably leads to Neos ascending to a meta reality and unraveling the entire system.

(I personally encourage unraveling facade realities, however.)
My 1st pick was actually R Lee Ermey from "Full Metal Jacket" the one where he says "Here you are all equally worthless" but that would probably result in massive triggering and tons of bellyaching. Ya know in boot camp you learn to not bring attention to yourself. I hope he fires every single non hacker that can't go to work and do their job.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well.

Elon Musk's SpaceX fires at least five for letter criticizing him

Can't say I'm surprised.

This kind of attitude to criticism stifles innovation, and lets objectively bad choices through the pipeline (like the steering yoke on a car without drive-by-wire or an appropriate steering ratio).
This is going to get the company slapped by the NLRB.

Bad juju.

Engineers that can't speak up are engineers that let bad designs go forward without proper vetting.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
This is going to get the company slapped by the NLRB.

Bad juju.

Engineers that can't speak up are engineers that let bad designs go forward without proper vetting.

-Crissa
Who said they were engineers?

Not everyone at SpaceX is an engineer nor are critical for safety or innovation. Theres heaps of employee overhead that is required to operate the business without affecting reiteration processes for product design.

Morning Star

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2077 Tesla Cybertruck

-Crissa
Exactly my thought as well. Innovative tech companies who are solving problems never solved before don’t want mindless yes-men drones, they want innovative, confident free-thinkers who aren’t afraid to introduce new ideas or criticize bad ones. I thought that’s what kind of companies Musk ran, apparently I was mistaken.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
My expectation is just do your job, work hard, be kind, be respectful to everyone that's the unwritten rule....right? I'm just passing through on my pilgrimage here like everyone else. No special conditions needed for anyone period. Whatever personnel viewpoints or opinions they have that differ from my own are irrelevant, we're at work to complete goals in the interest of whatever mission, or service that employer has put before us.

Australian actor.
He mispronounces the 'R' in 'Another'.
Always bugs me.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist