Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
but thinking in particular of pulling in/out of parking spaces. Backing into spaces is the way to go as everyone knows (right 🕵️‍♂️?), because you essentially switch to rear-wheel steering to get the tailgate end past the apex of the turn - for both pulling in and out. otherwise, before pulling in you have to swing way out so that the truck can pull the rear end in line (and avoid hitting the car parked nearby toward the rear axel of the truck) - and vice versa on way out.

probably calls for some graphic I don’t have
There is a possibility that when in reverse, the RWS is fixed. It depends on how they implement 4WS. For a pure mechanical 4WS, slow vs high speed and forward vs reverse has always been problematic. But a software solution is super easy to adjust gain, direction, and even lack of use is easily controlled. So like I said, it's effectiveness, ease of use, and adaptability is all going to come down to implementation. And I believe that based on how the company has implemented all their current software, I believe they'll get really close to the "right way" on the first public release.
Sponsored

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
Had a follower tag me in this. He followed one through a u turn today.

Nice. This vid should also put to rest the concern about not having red side marker lights on the rear. While turning we can clearly see that light housing turns the corner and illuminates the side and the rear.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I do get why you’d say that, but truth is I’m only ‘gung-ho’ interior room.

and, for the foreseeable future, it’s more than a preference in that I have three young kids in full-sized car seats that need ample room for being installed/dislodged from those seats. It’s not merely ‘can three carseats fit across,’ it’s just as much ‘while those carseats are installed, can my 6’2”/220lb self sort of still crawl back there to unbuckle them etc.’

Put differently: I don’t need a minivan because I have an F150 SCREW.

otherwise, I’d love a Tardis-like truck that is the size of a Tacoma on the outside but the size of an F150 SCREWon the inside

im willing to compromise in exchange for all the other CT upsides. burning question is how much compromise is required!
I have to look at getting a new set of seats for my kiddos when the CT comes because im tired of moving the seats back and forth between cars. Currently, we pretty much only use the Y for the kids so i get stuck taking the Civic when i need to go somewhere on my own. But. once i get the truck i wont go anywhere without it.

Looking at something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Diono-Radian...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Now I can’t un-see it

Half the cover is behind the seats, half is rolled up, and the mark is probably the exposed potion of the roll facing downward.

First the fingerprints, and now this

omg
I'd had a rolling tonneau cover on my Dodge Ram for years and it gets very similar marks. Your cover will/should be closed 99.9% of the time to either protect cargo or reduce drag. And when you do open it for for oversized cargo, you should close it as soon as you unload the oversized cargo.

You definitely want to avoid leaving it with the cover open as a default, and try to avoid leaving it open overnight when temperature and humidity changes affect one portion of the cover differently than the rest.

If it does get the mark, if you follow the suggestions I just made, it should come right off with a quick hose down, or a full wash if its a bit of a heavier build-up.
Sponsored