Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I don't know what I expected it to do, this totally makes sense but it's still wild to see.

Sponsored

chi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Computer Technician
Country flag
So what would happen if it started rolling?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
When the squircle hits each end stop, I'd prefer it to have a softer rubber bumper sound instead of a hard clunk, but also part of me would rather have the software just lock it down and just not let it move at all. Some people will either try or actually find a way to break or damage it with it's current behavior.

- ÆCIII

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
I don't know what I expected it to do, this totally makes sense but it's still wild to see.
When he woke up the truck, the squirkle didn't reposition to direct ahead; it stopped at a position slightly counter-clockwise from centered, as seen in the screen capture below.

I suspect the wheels were pointed slightly to the left when the truck was stopped and turned off. Then, when the truck was turned on the squirkle was driven by the steering system to the exact position appropriate for the angle of the truck's wheels at low speed.

Tesla Cybertruck Squirkle steering wheel behavior when Cybertruck is sleeping. Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 6.16.54 PM

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I would expect it to find its Center when not in use. This seems unfinished to me.
So you want the steering wheel to stay 'energized' and use watts just so it can stay centered? Seems wasteful.

When the squircle hits each end stop, I'd prefer it to have a softer rubber bumper sound instead of a hard clunk
That part does seem odd. Wonder if they do have some but it is just 'harder' rubber. Certainly there are plenty of formulations of soft rubber that remains flexible and last a long time (ie. door seals).

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Dang, I was really hoping to see evidence of the AI system turning the wheel while "sleep driving". Kinda like my puppy used to "run" with his legs while sleeping.

Do androids dream of electric sheep??? :devilish:

I mean, Tesla could use the neural net in the car to help run dojo?

TickTock

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3; 2018 Model S; 2023 F-150 LIghtning
Country flag
Dang, I was really hoping to see evidence of the AI system turning the wheel while "sleep driving". Kinda like my puppy used to "run" with his legs while sleeping.

Do androids dream of electric sheep??? :devilish:

I mean, Tesla could use the neural net in the car to help run dojo?
I had the same thought when I read the title. Maybe some REM RSM sleep activity? Perhaps during an OTA? :)

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Keep in mind everyone. Sleeping is different than hanging out in the car. It takes a while for the car to go to sleep. Unless you manually trigger it, maybe sexy buttons can do that. But as soon as you open a door to get in or unplug your charger it wakes up

cybertruckgg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

Force feedback joysticks in computer gaming would often do the same the second a PC got booted up, go from flopped to an angle to stiff and center. Reminds me of that, the truck knows where it's supposed to be when on, but doesn't need to have parity when it's off.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Can you play Beach Buggy Racing while at a supercharger without having the 4 actual wheels "steer" with the video game?
Sponsored