Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Posting just because we are always looking for new topics. How hard do you think it would be to create a mechanism that could quickly build a static charge on the exoskeleton of the CT? Obviously the body will be grounded to the battery, but would there be a simple way to break the ground and build a charge as a theft or vandalism deterrent.

As I have mentioned before, my bet is that we we see a CT that has the stainless exoskeleton structurally glued to an interior steel body and that glue will act against galvanic corrosion inhibitor meaning that the grounding will occur in intentional locations and likely much of the exoskeleton will be slightly electronically insulated.

Would it be simple enough to have an automated switch on the exoskeleton ground and have a device build up a charge with a high voltage so if someone touched the vehicle it would send a shock through their body into the ground and deter them from touching it again. You might need to install some pacemaker warning labels.

I worked at a flooring shop for a while and on days with the right humidity I would have to be careful about removing plastic off the carpet rolls. I learned the hard way and once pulled the plastic off so fast that the static charge went through me and shot through my toes in my thick rubber boots into the ground. I never again pulled the plastic off those rolls quickly.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Great idea but will never happen due liability concerns.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Statically Charged Exoskeleton Dark-Knight-suit-taser

Can't believe someone actually thinks this is a good idea. When they let criminals off from shoplifting, you'll be sued for injury.

Someone brushes your CT with a pacemaker... Oh the scenarios of you going to jail.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
News update form January 2058: Tulsa area man, attempting to save his CT from vandals, runs up on his vehicle so fast it fails to detect him, resulting in the man being fused to his own vehicle. After the eyes melted out of his head and his pubes left waffle marks on his nether regions, firefighters fought for hours, and finally wrestled his charred remains from the vehicle. The vehicle was unharmed, and so will be added to the 22 million long waiting list.
Fortunately for the man, he had downloaded his brain through Neuralink, and is currently awaiting a new body.
Stay tuned.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Great idea. Nothing a little shock to the system can't fix!

Re grounding and potential: so long the voltage difference is between the car and the ground, the tyres should provide enough electrical insulation to cause a shock. So long your other electronics and battery etc aren't connected in any way you should be good to go.

But you would have to be very careful with how much power you use, and seeing that even criminals wear shoes that could isolate them from the ground the effect could be anything from nothing to lethal. So you would need to identify their shoes materials before sending the pulse, otherwise you'd be either knocking their socks off, or knocking them out of their socks. Also won't use much battery at all.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
News update form January 2058: Tulsa area man, attempting to save his CT from vandals, runs up on his vehicle so fast it fails to detect him, resulting in the man being fused to his own vehicle. After the eyes melted out of his head and his pubes left waffle marks on his nether regions, firefighters fought for hours, and finally wrestled his charred remains from the vehicle. The vehicle was unharmed, and so will be added to the 22 million long waiting list.
Fortunately for the man, he had downloaded his brain through Neuralink, and is currently awaiting a new body.
Stay tuned.
If I can last long enough until download capability arrives, well before 2058, I would not be running to protect my Cybertruck.

I would have long ago already downloaded my brain into the Cybertruck instead of a wimpy TeslaBot :)
Sponsored