Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Rivian is a nice truck. I'd get one except the short bed and moderate range. That and Tesla's Supercharger network will have e waiting a few more years to get my Cybertruck. I just wish I didn't wait 15 minutes to order. At #35,000 it'll likely be delivered in 2024.
I just wish I didn't wait 1.5 years to order. :ROFLMAO:

Similarly, rivian is a nice truck and I would totally buy one if I wanted an ev upgrade to my ridgeline. It is the EV descendant to the ridgeline. But my biggest issue with my ridgeline is the short bed is just too short for the crap I put in it. Bed length, automatic vault cover are huge draws for me. followed by stainless and style. All of those draws follow the obvious #1 draw, dropping gas like a sack of potatoes in favor of ev charging/savings.
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Just saw five on this car carrier less than 2 hours ago.
5A2C90A5-1DB1-446D-85AB-F6DDD6D55E05.jpeg
The first thing that comes to mind there is... "It still won't fit my weed trimmer in the back. :ROFLMAO:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Better make sure it is a really early reservation. A production rate of 3.8 per day, can make for a long wait. That rate was from the first 48 days of production, though they projected making 1000 over the last 60 days of the year (~16 per day).
yea, right.....just after IPO, they stopped everything or slowed it down

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Sounds like they'll have tens of thousands on the road before the first CT is delivered to the public.
I'd say that's an overly optimistic view when the Rivian only had about 40k orders to begin with and the company priority is the Amazon van.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
The premium price point is the main reason behind the relatively low reservation numbers. The rumor is that Rivian will announce a lower priced Dual Motor version with a 250 mile range in early 2022. I will switch to the lower priced trim level if it becomes available next year. The CT is my #1 favorite BEV pickup but I reserved an R1T early in the year to hedge by bets “just in case”.

Here is my current configuration;

-Explore Package $67,500
-Destination fee $1,075
-Documentation fee $70
-Glacier White exterior No charge
-Ocean Coast interior No charge
-20” All Terrain wheels and tires $1,800
-20” full size spare $800
-Off Road Upgrade (composite underbody shields/tow hooks) $2,000

TOTAL $73,245

Tesla Cybertruck Switching to Rivian 0A1C6791-2B1E-4AA4-8684-1B91EA6D3696

Deleted member 5322

As for me, the best Rivian is Cybertruck!
To be honest it is harder and harder to wait for CT. My cars are aged down every day, and I hate to drive cars more than 3 years old. Hope I will keep my CT for more than 3 years, but who I am lying to :)?

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
If you would pay 800 bucks for a tire and rim I got a bridge I'll sell you to park that Rivian on.
Unless those rims and tires are proprietary you can buy them at any tire store.
If it is a SPARE it does not matter what the rim looks like......it's just there to get you to the tire store to get a flat repaired.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Well, I’ve been swayed towards the rivian and will be giving up my CT plans. Wondering if anyone here has an early rivian reservation they’d be willing to sell?
Yous might wanna check the Rivian Owners Forum.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
The premium price point is the main reason behind the relatively low reservation numbers. The rumor is that Rivian will announce a lower priced Dual Motor version with a 250 mile range in early 2022. I will switch to the lower priced trim level if it becomes available next year. The CT is my #1 favorite BEV pickup but I reserved an R1T early in the year to hedge by bets “just in case”.

Here is my current configuration;

-Explore Package $67,500
-Destination fee $1,075
-Documentation fee $70
-Glacier White exterior No charge
-Ocean Coast interior No charge
-20” All Terrain wheels and tires $1,800
-Off Road Upgrade (composite underbody shields/tow hooks) $2,000

TOTAL $73,245

0A1C6791-2B1E-4AA4-8684-1B91EA6D3696.jpeg
don't hedge your plans on a rumor.... and the pre-order quantity I feel is more accurately based on its specs.....not the price.... a short bed for example is a detriment to sales in a truck market.... the Rivian is more like a Jeep Wrangler. If there are 1 million CT pre-orders, and the % ratio of configuration is the same, the trimotor has significantly more consumer interest at a similar price. Why? Specs.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Rivian is a nice truck. I'd get one except the short bed and moderate range. That and Tesla's Supercharger network will have e waiting a few more years to get my Cybertruck. I just wish I didn't wait 15 minutes to order. At #35,000 it'll likely be delivered in 2024.
@ 35k I think you'll get your CT way before 2024.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Sounds like they'll have tens of thousands on the road before the first CT is delivered to the public.
Maybe they will. But since Rivian’s launch was always a year ahead of Tesla’s, that’s not news or very surprising. Rivian was supposed to start deliveries in the end of 2020 and the Cybertruck 2021. Both moved their dates back a year.

Even with their revised launch date, they haven’t produced very many trucks and have said it will take them until the end of 2023 to work through their existing backlog. And that’s assuming they work through their production issues soon.
Sponsored