Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher

HyperReality

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CB650f
Country flag
just got off phone with Tesla.. (they really seem like they have no clue). I had an awd that was declined PS back about 2 months ago, never got a credit, nada..... My new truck i've had about 8 days, the rep said wait for 2 full weeks from delivery date and I will get an email giving me the 6 months or $700 voucher but I don't get to choose which I get. this is for a fs awd
Originally I heard the $700 voucher was only to compensate the Beast $4000 install credit if you declined or disqualify for the power share install. The AWD models did not include this $4000 credit for some reason. But both models receive free super charging if you don't get the power share equipment, however the beast model gets 1 year free while the AWD only gets 6 months. I'm really not sure why they decided to segregate the models with this benefit and know people were already a bit annoyed about it.

With the new wording there is no discrepancy between AWD and Beast, so it sounds like all FS orders should get this $2500 voucher if they don't install Powershare. But now owners who already took the $700 voucher are going to complain.

There was also already people complaining about the Powershare equipment. And how they should be able to choose to get the equipment regardless of getting it installed. As they believed the supercharging is not a fair compensation for this.

Tesla really should have clearly stated that you can choose power share install credits or a voucher for the store from the get go. A lot of people ordered and then later found out about the compensation for not qualifying for it. This was bad, and so it makes sense that Tesla is changing the rules, but now the question is going to be... Will anyone get retroactive benefits if they had already received the $700 voucher or never received a voucher at all due to ordering an AWD.
Sponsored

cybertruckwaldo

First Name
Willie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
I had a Tesla tech come to my house for an assessment on May 7th. It is now May 24th and I haven't heard anything or received the actual quote.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
So wait, if you have two x 200 amp panels, you are not eligible for powershare? Like the certified installsers won't do it at all?

That's sucks because having a Tesla charger takes up so much of the amperage. And I have one Tesla charger, and two NEMA 14-50 plugs in my garage (was future proofing).

TeslaFANa

First Name
Fiesky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model s, 2018 model x, 2024 cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
“If your home is ineligible or you are not interested in installing Powershare Home Backup equipment, you may use the voucher for a single purchase in the Tesla Shop as an alternative.”

A ‘single’ purchase? So you need to burn the 2500 in a single transaction or that’s a single item?
Somewhere I read multiple items but single transaction. Ripoff either way since so many items are always out of stock.

Last edited:

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
So I have a VIN assigned but nothing on this… this is my first EV so I’d like to use the credit to order the wall charger. I even texted them in the app and radio silence

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
So I have a VIN assigned but nothing on this… this is my first EV so I’d like to use the credit to order the wall charger. I even texted them in the app and radio silence
I believe the wall charger can only be sent to a certified Tesla tech for installation. Nothing moves until you get delivery with respect to the voucher.

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Installed powershare yesterday!! Was fun. With the interview and b roll it took about 6 hours?

FOr me it was easy 200amp breaker and it was on the other side of the wall so they did an amazing job.

Now when I charge I Get the dual arrow lightning bolt sign. BUT.. the firmware has not been pushed to me yet. The owner and who works closely with Tesla said that the 4,000 credit still applies for installation.
They did just change it where QMERIT is going to be the certified installer across the US.

You can even power your solar in a blackout.. It's a software update but it's coming.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher IMG_9996.PNG

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher IMG_9967

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
So wait, if you have two x 200 amp panels, you are not eligible for powershare? Like the certified installsers won't do it at all?

That's sucks because having a Tesla charger takes up so much of the amperage. And I have one Tesla charger, and two NEMA 14-50 plugs in my garage (was future proofing).
I have two 200 amp panels for our house, 400 amp service overall. BUT, I have it already split in half with two Tesla Gateways, two panels, and a charger on each. Also have 2 power walls on each side and solar is split as well, so in reality it is two totally separate systems. I also did NEMA 14-50s so actually just hardwired the UWC instead now to one side that want backup even more, but didn't run new wire so will PowerShare at max of 40 amps (9.6kWs).

I would like to get a UWC for the other side as well in case need to plug that side in as it has other things on it versus (i.e. one side has our pool, left water heater, one AC, cooktop, and all house lights, and the other side has another water heather, larger AC, oven, dryer, etc.) so it is kinda split evenly.

I guess should get another CT ;-) to have plugged into the other side in time ;-)

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
Let us know once you get delivery!
Delivery scheduled for Monday 05/27!!

I’ll see if they’ll put the $2,500 voucher on a Due Bill, along with the wheel covers and vault d-rings haha!!

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Question is, how can the early CT owner who was given the $700 and have not spent it....get the $2500 credit? The $2500 seems more fair for the foundation package value imho. Would be nice to know who to contact at Tesla.
ngl. I am interested in this. We have power walls (ie PowerShare equipment not needed) so we got the $700 voucher. Have not spent it yet.

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
I had a Tesla tech come to my house for an assessment on May 7th. It is now May 24th and I haven't heard anything or received the actual quote.
The powershare via certified installer isn't worth it. They will come back with a quote of $3k+ for a few hours of work that any electrician can do for less than $100/hr

Rockwell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2024 Cybertruck AWD FS
Country flag
[QUOTE="HyperReality, post: 324817, member: 24027"

Tesla really should have clearly stated that you can choose power share install credits or a voucher for the store from the get go. A lot of people ordered and then later found out about the compensation for not qualifying for it. This was bad, and so it makes sense that Tesla is changing the rules, but now the question is going to be... Will anyone get retroactive benefits if they had already received the $700 voucher or never received a voucher at all due to ordering an AWD.
[/QUOTE]

I received the $700 voucher, but haven't used it yet - I have things to buy, they're just not in stock. I just sent an email to Tesla Energy Support through the website chat/message link asking if I would be receiving the $1800 balance to my $700 shop voucher since the current voucher value is $2500. We'll see what they say....

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
Installed powershare yesterday!! Was fun. With the interview and b roll it took about 6 hours?

FOr me it was easy 200amp breaker and it was on the other side of the wall so they did an amazing job.

Now when I charge I Get the dual arrow lightning bolt sign. BUT.. the firmware has not been pushed to me yet. The owner and who works closely with Tesla said that the 4,000 credit still applies for installation.
They did just change it where QMERIT is going to be the certified installer across the US.

You can even power your solar in a blackout.. It's a software update but it's coming.

IMG_9996.PNG

IMG_9967.jpg
Sorry for being dense, but what does "power your solar" mean?

DRKTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast delivered: May 9, 2024
Country flag
I’ve had my truck for 3 weeks, still waiting to hear from them about my PowerShare. Keep getting the run around every time I ask someone.
Sponsored