Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher

CYBEAST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Beast
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Originally I heard the $700 voucher was only to compensate the Beast $4000 install credit if you declined or disqualify for the power share install. The AWD models did not include this $4000 credit for some reason. But both models receive free super charging if you don't get the power share equipment, however the beast model gets 1 year free while the AWD only gets 6 months. I'm really not sure why they decided to segregate the models with this benefit and know people were already a bit annoyed about it.

With the new wording there is no discrepancy between AWD and Beast, so it sounds like all FS orders should get this $2500 voucher if they don't install Powershare. But now owners who already took the $700 voucher are going to complain.

There was also already people complaining about the Powershare equipment. And how they should be able to choose to get the equipment regardless of getting it installed. As they believed the supercharging is not a fair compensation for this.

Tesla really should have clearly stated that you can choose power share install credits or a voucher for the store from the get go. A lot of people ordered and then later found out about the compensation for not qualifying for it. This was bad, and so it makes sense that Tesla is changing the rules, but now the question is going to be... Will anyone get retroactive benefits if they had already received the $700 voucher or never received a voucher at all due to ordering an AWD.
Yup. All models get the $2500 towards the power share equipment purchase. Beast still gets a $4,000 installation credit. Read it again.
Sponsored

7racer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
[/QUOTE]

I received the $700 voucher, but haven't used it yet - I have things to buy, they're just not in stock. I just sent an email to Tesla Energy Support through the website chat/message link asking if I would be receiving the $1800 balance to my $700 shop voucher since the current voucher value is $2500. We'll see what they say....
[/QUOTE]

is there anything you did to get your voucher? did it just show up? I am about 3 weeks out from delivery but no voucher

Coagulation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD
Country flag
I finally got Tesla chat to reply to me. I have a VIN, and asked about the $2,500 voucher. They replied they said they don’t believe PowerShare is available in my area yet and also are not aware about the voucher. I referred them to the PowerShare website which has the $2,500 verbiage. It does sound like I have to speak to Tesla energy vs delivery center.

panthar

First Name
Rohit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y , CyberTruck
Country flag
I looked up my junk email folder , there is an email from QMerit.com
Says complete your assessment, but there is no reference to any order number or anything, can be spam / independent seller. No idea.
Says welcome Cybertruck owner ! So weird ….
No credit reference or anything

I do not trust and think this is linked , thought ???

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher IMG_7469

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher IMG_7470

RoboTaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Beast when the gods bless me
Country flag
For beast orders that can’t install power share. Tesla gives $2500 voucher AND 1 year of super charging still?

CYBEAST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Beast
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
For beast orders that can’t install power share. Tesla gives $2500 voucher AND 1 year of super charging still?
No. The $2500 is towards equipment. Beast orders still get a $4,000 installation credit. Awd do not.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
No. The $2500 is towards equipment. Beast orders still get a $4,000 installation credit. Awd do not.
If you dont mind, where does it say all this now? I cannot find it. I appreciate it.

ttohumcu

First Name
Tolga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I received the $700 voucher, but haven't used it yet - I have things to buy, they're just not in stock. I just sent an email to Tesla Energy Support through the website chat/message link asking if I would be receiving the $1800 balance to my $700 shop voucher since the current voucher value is $2500. We'll see what they say....
They still aren’t paying for installs on the AWD orders. They are offering $2500 towards the equipment, not the install.
[/QUOTE]
I am on the same situation, i need to email too.

ttohumcu

First Name
Tolga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve emailed them but got this back.

Your message to [email protected] couldn't be delivered.
[email protected] only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.

PhilEsq

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered and two MB GLC
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I just picked up my AWD cybertruck Friday 5/17/24 and seriously want to get my Powershare and charger installed. I am just using the 110 volt charging cable that came with the truck until then. Has anyone tried to add one bank of Powerwall 3 at the same time your Powershare and level 2 charger are installed? It seems that would be the cost effective time to get it. Picture of my truck just for fun.

Of note, is the rust on the center wheel hub common?

Cybertruck 1.jpg

Cybertruck rust on wheel.jpg
I also want the Powerwall 3. With the Powerwall you don't need the Gateway so I would love to get a discount on the Powerwall instead of $2,500 credit in the Tesla store.

gaswalla

First Name
Gas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-P100D, X-P100D, 3, CT
Country flag
the huge benefit of this new approach for all the folks that keep saying "yeah, it's the same deal... you still have to pay for installation" is that now you can pick an installer that you want.. when the equipment was 'free' and sent to the installer, you had no choice. But, it you can get the hardware with the voucher, you can get anyone (or do they need to be a Tesla certified company?) to install.

Balthezor

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
the huge benefit of this new approach for all the folks that keep saying "yeah, it's the same deal... you still have to pay for installation" is that now you can pick an installer that you want.. when the equipment was 'free' and sent to the installer, you had no choice. But, it you can get the hardware with the voucher, you can get anyone (or do they need to be a Tesla certified company?) to install.
Can you use the $2500 voucher on power walls?
Sponsored