Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
FSD will not knock you out of the Tax Credit. It is not physically attached to the vehicle.

That's what I am doing. This thread is four pages of discussion because some were able to successfully "downgrade" purporting to give people a chance to be the first to lock in a non-FS order. And it looks hit or miss which is why I am not trying it myself.
As to the tax credit, you may want to do a little research. "attached" may not be what is being used to determine eligibility.

I'm pretty sure that at this point, Tesla is ignoring the original order type. Its just one list. My account no longer even lists the original order type, pretty sure that it used to.
Sponsored

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
And who says that the Foundation folks are getting the $7k price?

Let's say that there was never a Foundation Series. Tesla would be going through the EXACT SAME steps of sending you a message that it is time to order.

They did it with the Model Y
They did it with the Model 3
And probably with earlier models.

This may be your first visit to the rodeo, but it isn't mine.
Good for you cowboy but the order page for Foundation specifically states that FSD capability is included with the price.
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) Screenshot_20240118_061605_Chrome
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) Screenshot_20240118_092909_Chrome
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) Screenshot_20240118_061605_Chrome
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) Screenshot_20240118_092909_Chrome

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y LR with tow package
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All Tesla vehicles are "FSD Capible" but that doesn't mean FSD is included unless you pay for it. We paid and have it on our Model 3 but decided not to pay the $15k extra when we bought our Model Y but the Model Y is "FSD Capible" sort of. The vision-only tech still doesn't allow many of the FSD features on the '23 Model Y or even the enhanced autopilot features. Buyer beware because people may not get what they think they will at the time of purchase.

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
All Tesla vehicles are "FSD Capible" but that doesn't mean FSD is included unless you pay for it. We paid and have it on our Model 3 but decided not to pay the $15k extra when we bought our Model Y but the Model Y is "FSD Capible" sort of. The vision-only tech still doesn't allow many of the FSD features on the '23 Model Y or even the enhanced autopilot features. Buyer beware because people may not get what they think they will at the time of purchase.
That was settled though, right? The Cybertruck Foundation gets it (Full Self-Driving Capability) but it's just not active yet.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
That was settled though, right? The Cybertruck Foundation gets it (Full Self-Driving Capability) but it's just not active yet.
Well that's sort of his point... Nobody will know for sure until it's turned on. Tesla likes to be just vague enough with their language that it's impossible to know what they intend. Now, I very much doubt that it's a semantic issue, because my model y with FSD says exactly the same thing "Full Self-Driving Capability".

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You could be right since Tesla changes things freqently but I wouldn't count on
I wouldn't count on them enabling a feature that the vehicle is "capable" of but I didn't pay extra for but they do make changes to their policies all the time. If they were including FSD, I would expect them to say FSD included and not say FSD capable but that is my opinion, and time will tell.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
The FS series includes the FSD package. Tesla is not saying capable as in the hardware simply exists on the vehicle, in this case.

Non FS buyers of course will need to purchase the FSD package in addtion to the $79,990 price for the AWD.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
If you order AWD now and the FSD, you're out 7500+ other discounts depending on state of purchase. If you defer FSD to after purchase, you will pay current market price for FSD at $12000. 🤔
You can not order FSD now. You can not order AWD now. You can only order the Foundation package now.
The remainder TBD.

JeffnReno

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The FS series includes the FSD package. Tesla is not saying capable as in the hardware simply exists on the vehicle, in this case.

Non FS buyers of course will need to purchase the FSD package in addtion to the $79,990 price for the AWD.
I hope you're right since FS buyers are paying that extra $20k and should expect more than badging. I have an early reservation and did get the invitation but I'll take a wait-and-see approach this time around. We paid top dollar for our 2018 Model 3 in June of that year because I didn't want to wait and now I could buy an even better version at almost half the price. A similar thing happened when we paid over $70k for our '23 Model Y in Nov. of '22. Can buy that one now for $50k or less. I'm not blaming Tesla but they have taught me a lesson to wait and see if I don't need to rush into anything.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Good for you cowboy but the order page for Foundation specifically states that FSD capability is included with the price.
And cowboy, that wasn't the question nor my response.

I said " And who says that the Foundation folks are getting the $7k price? "
That was in reference to it could be considered as $12k in the Foundation Series package.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Close, but not quite right.

The FSD package is included with in the Foundation Series package.
The Cybertruck, like essentially all Tesla vehicles is capable of running FSD.
FSD is not available at this time on ANY Tesla platform.
Access to the FSD Beta will be available soon on the Cybertruck
FSD Beta is currently not on the Cybertruck, they have to go through a few steps to port it.
FSD is expected to be released in the future. (No, we don't need to have any discussions about this point)

Yes, little semantics, but they are important.

Puhiniho

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Country flag
A keen eye would also see the "Full Self Driving Capabilities" is a line item in the Foundation Series category so I tend to agree it'll be included in FS purchase. I also think Tesla legal encourages vagueness so they always have an option to change there mind. I'll 🤞 and hope we're right.

I do hope the the push out FSD beta sooner than later, to me, it's the best cruise control out there and use it as much as possible😁

I also hope they give options to push out or downgrade as the next person would be happy to take it, win win for both.

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Seems like a lot of you should just forget about the cybertruck and get a different truck.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Even if you did this, you'll be delaying getting your Cybertruck for at least 1-2 years.

Not sure what this is accomplishing other than wanting to save $20K, and if that's the case, if $20K is a big deciding factor of an almost $100K truck then it's probably not a purchase that you should even be responsibly considering. That's just my opinion.
Making your vehicle cost 20% more should always be a deciding point. But also, this isn't a 100k truck being 20% more, it's a truck being 40%-250% more which should always give people pause. Even rich ones that can afford $100k trucks.

-Crissa
Sponsored