Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
I have relatives that live in Round Rock, Jonestown and Austin. There stories vary but all have been impacted from this disaster.

Austin and surrounding areas have gone through no electricity, no water, flooded homes and apts. from burst water pipes, no gas, no propane, no fuel, shortage of food in grocery stores.

As some have put it "a hot mess" but surprisingly, or not, the community has risen to the occasion and helped out whenever and whatever they can do.
My point.

I live north of those neighborhoods in hill country. We were even more impacted than they are. The real victory is life is getting back to normal today and this will be a memory sooner rather than later...

Hope all your kin made it through ok and remain that way.

Sponsored

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Drivers literally jumping out of their sliding cars?

Drivers standing in the road as cars slide towards them?

And one lady gives the "WTF" arms in the air as the Volvo just misses her?

That there's Darwin's finest.

Best leave the snow to the northern states...... that them there Texans' are gonna get hurt.

KevinCh

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
There was hail on the radar, but I don't know specifically what took down which lines, I was being poetic. Freezing thunder sleet just sounds horrible.

-Crissa
Canada has winter and their wind an solar works fine. Texas was just unprepared. BTW get solar on your house and it will be free to charge your EV.

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Here in Canada, we have many huge wind turbine farms, which are running 12 months a year, no matter how cold it gets or how warm it is, with predominant installation in the Gaspe area in Quebec, which has severe winter storm every week!!

drconner65

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honda CRV EX
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Machanic
Country flag
Sounds to me like Texas gas company failed to supply the natural gas to both individual homes for heat and the electric company at the same time being so cold.
Sponsored