Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Aftermarket FTW! Hopefully they provide some attachment points for accessories.
Yea, tis why I dont think we have seen the production Frunk Liner.. in these I have yet to see points to attach a net.

As well as a charging port, Im hoping the little cavities which are surely behind there, could be revealed as shelves or compartments in the final version.
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I don’t see any outlets either.
What you see is what we get. This was a miss by Tesla. Even if they had data that Frunk outlets didn’t get used, folks are going to feel they want them.

Im hoping the little cavities which are surely behind there, could be revealed as shelves or compartments in the final version.
You’re right that behind the frunk liner there are a BUNCH of compartments and shelves that can hold various sized things

Those various sized things are labeled here

Tesla Cybertruck Top Gear Cybertruck review shoot! + Frunk size and opening action! 🎬 9B56E18A-97A2-4E6E-912F-4683E49B0F72

If you wanted to, you could remove these various things and replace them with other various things

You could, but truck may act a bit funny

WenssCT88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
No power in frunk would be such a HUGE miss.

One of the best use cases for the frunk is a plug in beer/food cooler that’s easy to access on road trips or job sites when the bed is full of gear or materials. I’d be happy even just with a 12V outlet up there. But 120 would be super useful as well.

Sure, there are outlets in the bed, but if it’s packed full and you can’t get to them they are useless. Outlets up front are critical.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
What you see is what we get. This was a miss by Tesla. Even if they had data that Frunk outlets didn’t get used, folks are going to feel they want them.

You’re right that behind the frunk liner there are a BUNCH of compartments and shelves that can hold various sized things

Those various sized things are labeled here

9B56E18A-97A2-4E6E-912F-4683E49B0F72.jpeg

If you wanted to, you could remove these various things and replace them with other various things

You could, but truck may act a bit funny
I wanna see the first CYBERCOMIC.... Starring CYBERTRUCK. 'Knight Rider' got nothin' on the CT in this Hero Car 'Collection of Adventures' Fighting for 'The Common People'

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
it's good work, and consistent with my various calculations coming from various other methodologies

assuming the frunk is max ~18" tall, the rectangular prism you describe results in ~9.3cuft

but since that rectangular prism is actually constraint by various contours inwards (at the ends, in the height towards the bumper, etc.), take off ~25% of that 9.3cuft and you arrive at 7 cuft of volume

That 7cu ft of volume is within a percentage point of my various estimates today

good work!
Plenty of room for my extensive collection of 2X 'cuft_links'

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't expect to have spare nooks, I said I was hoping.

Now I'm praying for nooks. :ROFLMAO:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
It is interesting because I don't think I ever used the outlets in my bed. As you all know I had 3 extended power outages since Christmas last year which I had to power much of the home from the Lightning. I found it convenient to power off the frunk outlets.

C, have you used the bed or frunk outlets more?

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
It is interesting because I don't think I ever used the outlets in my bed. As you all know I had 3 extended power outages since Christmas last year which I had to power much of the home from the Lightning. I found it convenient to power off the frunk outlets.

C, have you used the bed or frunk outlets more?
about the same, which isn’t a lot of either

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Some long guns, golf clubs, groceries, small cooler, small tool box or tool bags. It is big enough to be very useful. Do I wish it where larger sure. I just wish there was some side storage in the bed for dirty straps, a pair of vice grips etc. The underbed storage is not very useful because it will get covered with a load.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'm sure the Top Gear peeps have an NDA till reveal night. But the back door of the CT was open in the video. No one outside of the Top Gear people took a look inside to see what all the fuss was about in the back seat? Do these review trucks have ALL the features? Or are some features being held back to be revealed on reveal night?

How is it that the mystery about the back seat has less evidence than Sasquatch?
Long range model looses the under seat storage. That is my WAG. There is something big here that they are hiding. What else haven't they revealed?
Sponsored