Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Everybody wondering if the frunk is too small. Meanwhile, I'm here just happy to have a frunk (plus the extra storage under the vault) as I load up the groceries into the backseat of my Dodge Ram 1500 which has no frunk or trunk lol.

Side note: Not sure if it's just the angles of the photos I've seen of the frunk, but the lip between the floor of the frunk and the front opening looks pretty low; like, low enough to where things like groceries can fall out when you open the frunk if you happened to have braked hard during the preceding drive. I wonder if it's just the angle of the photos or if the production model will have a cargo net or something similar to prevent contents from sliding forward and falling out when you open it.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Country flag
Everybody wondering if the frunk is too small. Meanwhile, I'm here just happy to have a frunk (plus the extra storage under the vault) as I load up the groceries into the backseat of my Dodge Ram 1500 which has no frunk or trunk lol.
I assume Tesla moves the cabin forward to have more room for longer truck bed, 5.5' vs 6'. If they further sacrifice the legroom (from 86' to 79' front + rear), they could probably reach 6.5'.

IronStation

First Name
Gerard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

Side note: Not sure if it's just the angles of the photos I've seen of the frunk, but the lip between the floor of the frunk and the front opening looks pretty low; like, low enough to where things like groceries can fall out when you open the frunk if you happened to have braked hard during the preceding drive. I wonder if it's just the angle of the photos or if the production model will have a cargo net or something similar to prevent contents from sliding forward and falling out when you open it.
No lip here.
Tesla Cybertruck Powered Frunk In Action! Great shots!! 1698784315207

Been loading groceries many times and upon opening at home have not had one issue with groceries from Sam's (so no bags, just stacked) falling out.

PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
Top Gear program was spotted filming their Cybertruck review segment in Hermosa Beach and they opened the frunk.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I haven't seen any power source in the pictures of the frunk. If that is the case, it is a big miss. I would like to lock up my tools and have the batteries charging there.
Left Side of the bed near the tailgate there is a door with electrical behind it.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
I haven't seen any power source in the pictures of the frunk. If that is the case, it is a big miss. I would like to lock up my tools and have the batteries charging there.
Left Side of the bed near the tailgate there is a door with electrical behind it.
@SentinelOne , but he specifically mentioned the frunk and not the bed.

The bed outlet also looks small like 2-120v small. Ford and Chevy understood the assignment here (10+ kW).

CYBRSMTH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Fit
Country flag
I agree. There would be all kinds of uses for an outlet from charging your laptop if you turned the frunk into a makeshift desk, plugging in a crock pot or electric griddle if you’re tailgating or camping, plugging in various tool, etc. You know truck stuff.

They’d better have outlets in the vault. At least put them in the launch addition and then remove them in the next iteration if no one uses them.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
At least put them in the launch addition and then remove them in the next iteration if no one uses them.
If anything the opposite would make more sense imo. Keep costs as lean as possible to minimize 'bleeding' during the ramp and then bend the knee to market forces and add it to the frunk once you're fully ramped and in the black. Not unlike what happened with the motorized liftgate on Model 3.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
This sure looks like a gas strut to me. I changed out the ones on my Model X so they do this.

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
No lip here.
1698784315207.png

Been loading groceries many times and upon opening at home have not had one issue with groceries from Sam's (so no bags, just stacked) falling out.
Thats a niccce frunk
Sponsored