Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
My guess is that you will have 3 years or more to decide. Seemed like I was around 430,000th in line a couple of weeks ago.
I think liek the Model 3 that the Reservation does not really mean anything. Maybe a few weeks, not more.
Sponsored

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
We will know a whole lot more after Tesla Battery and Drivetrain Investor Day, next year, where, Elon teased, there will be “(mostly) unexpected technology announcements”. Go Elon!

(Think he will possibly announce that the ranges are TOWING ranges with new battery tech.)

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
(Think he will possibly announce that the ranges are TOWING ranges with new battery tech.)
All those in line with a reservation would actually smile at their screens, but that's asking waaaaay too much. I'd be cranked if it was another 20%.

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I ordered the tri-motor one because I think it will be super fun to drive. 0-60 in 2.9?!?! I'll take it!! I would pay more if they had a quad motor version that did 0-60 in 2.5! The added range is a nice bonus too.

SanDollars

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, CyberTruck
Country flag
Tri-motor is what I reserved. I want the range. The more range, the better..

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
It's pretty clear that the TriMotor is the towing version. If towing is at all important you pretty much have to order the TriMotor as it gives the extra traction you will want and the bigger "gas tank". The bigger gas tank also gives you the extra range when you are not towing. It is an interesting example of "frosting on the cake". Three hundred to 400 miles is plenty of range for transportation. But to get that with a trailer of any size you need a huge battery (over 200 kW in this case?). And the frosting on the cake is that this gives you 600 mi when you aren't towing which is fine with me.

kingev

First Name
Virgil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X P100D
Country flag
Hold your horses on ordering the Cybertruck. There is a decently sized list of other electric trucks coming out within the next few years. I would keep my options open for now unless the Cybertruck really is for you! You can view some other electric trucks here. https://www.electrictruckclub.com/

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Hold your horses on ordering the Cybertruck. There is a decently sized list of other electric trucks coming out within the next few years. I would keep my options open for now unless the Cybertruck really is for you! You can view some other electric trucks here. https://www.electrictruckclub.com/
Which one(s), other than Rivian, do you think will actually come to market before the CT?

dkositsky

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realestaye management
Country flag
I am expecting when the CT gets released the dual motor will have the same range as the tri and good chance the range will be more than what is being said now
We all can hope. I want the range not the extra motor or performance.
I like the specs of the dual motor just fine but want the range. Seems like a no brainer to make a longer range dual motor version. 20k is a very steep price to pay for the 500 mi range.

dkositsky

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Realestaye management
Country flag
Yeah, probably the only thing in Rivian's favor there.
The rivian is also a slick meticulous designed interior with each option very well conceived, engineered and designed. Take the slide out kitchen as an example. Exquisitely done.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The rivian is also a slick meticulous designed interior with each option very well conceived, engineered and designed. Take the slide out kitchen as an example. Exquisitely done.
I do like that kitchen but I don't like the tent and I don't like the idea of cooking in the rain, snow, wind, etc.
Sponsored