TSLA just broke 1000

• Thread starter Deleted member 12457
  • Start date
  • Watchers 9
OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

UAW, Wall Street, and the US Government don’t really have a ton of influence over this.

The cost of EVs is coming down every year. The Cybertruck is one of the big examples of this, a $50k electric pickup was ludicrous when it launched and many still think the idea is ludicrous, but it is coming. The cost and convenience of running EVs is way lower than ICE vehicles already and the gap is only increasing.

As more and more companies start making EVs, cost pressures and economies of scale will only increase. ICE vehicles are at their peak, EVs are only going to keep getting better and less expensive.

The amount of time where ICE and EVs are sold side-by-side is going to be fairly short.
Actually, all the static from the UAW and Biden, not to mention Missy, is absolutely influencing everything. I don't see any other company other than Tesla that is able to break the 50% EV conversion in 9 years. There might be some Chinese companies that can individually do this but I highly doubt a lot of them will export to the US in large enough quantities to be meaningful. You can't count anything with hybrid in its name as being an EV so Toyota won't be anywhere near 50% BEV. I really don't see the costs of EVs coming down except for tiny cars from China. I also don't see any EVs other than Tesla and the Bolt/Volt/whatever lowering their prices right now. Tesla isn't.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't see any other company other than Tesla that is able to break the 50% EV conversion in 9 years.
It doesn’t matter what the companies are able to produce. It matters what customers are willing to buy. If Ford can’t keep up, people will buy Tesla or VW.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Amazing news for sure. Another stock split on the horizon?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Actually, all the static from the UAW and Biden, not to mention Missy, is absolutely...
...made up. Well, Missy isn't, she was a troll, who shouldn't be trusted. Someone who acts like that online shouldn't be in charge in an evidence-based system.

But the UAW hasn't done much of anything other than ask for help. And all the stuff about Biden 'snubbing' is BS. Tesla doesn't do PR. So they're not going to invite Biden to see their stuff. There's no one to call.

-Crissa

A.W.Jelfs

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
HQ gts 350 monaro Ht gts 307 monaro
Occupation
retired investor
Country flag
Was a very nice way to wake up in Australia and then view the profits i made sleeping from my Tesla shares.
I think ICE powered vehicles and their makers are in real trouble.
The world is warming at well above all of the worst modeling, let that sink in.
Ford, General Motors and Dodge cannot compete against Tesla.
Its like Nokia vs Apple.
They cant do over the air updates, they lack software writers, they lack electrical engineers, they have battery issues, they do not have a Octovalve, their fsd does not exist.
They are like the companies that fitted horse buggies out with a engine, they are all extinct.
For example the Mach E has 18 rubber hose with 36 hose clamps, imagine going to the dealership with a coolant leak.
So its going to be the Chinese vs Tesla.
Tesla is America's Golden Goose and that's why i am heavily invested in it.

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

Was a very nice way to wake up in Australia and then view the profits i made sleeping from my Tesla shares.
I think ICE powered vehicles and their makers are in real trouble.
The world is warming at well above all of the worst modeling, let that sink in.
Ford, General Motors and Dodge cannot compete against Tesla.
Its like Nokia vs Apple.
They cant do over the air updates, they lack software writers, they lack electrical engineers, they have battery issues, they do not have a Octovalve, their fsd does not exist.
They are like the companies that fitted horse buggies out with a engine, they are all extinct.
For example the Mach E has 18 rubber hose with 36 hose clamps, imagine going to the dealership with a coolant leak.
So its going to be the Chinese vs Tesla.
Tesla is America's Golden Goose and that's why i am heavily invested in it.
Totally agree. It's still climbing, no launching to 1084 at this moment.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
go Tesla........looking at probably 1400 by thanksgiving maybe....ill buy a turkey now if I can find one
You need to buy a turkey, now? I’ve got one for you: GM.
Or Stelantis, maybe Ford. Lots to choose from if you look.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You need to buy a turkey, now? I’ve got one for you: GM.
Or Stelantis, maybe Ford. Lots to choose from if you look.
the eating kind for thanksgiving......stores dont have a good selection and some say they may not have any at all.....gobble, gobble, gobble

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Closed at 1208 today, after hours 1217. The Tesla deal with Ganfeng supposedly if why its continuing to spiral upwards.
The S&P 500 is up 22% year to date.

Tesla traded mostly sideways for much of the year and is up about 29% YTD.

I think it’s fair to say it’s spiraling upwards because there was a lot of unrecognized growth over the past 6 months. Even as wait lists grew and Tesla boosted prices over and over, the stock was flat as a board. It just took that one last little catalyst for things to snap into perspective.

Still worried it’ll snap back, but it is again rising after house which makes me suspect it’s not coming yet.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

I think it’s fair to say it’s spiraling upwards because there was a lot of unrecognized growth over the past 6 months. Even as wait lists grew and Tesla boosted prices over and over, the stock was flat as a board. It just took that one last little catalyst for things to snap into perspective.

Still worried it’ll snap back, but it is again rising after house which makes me suspect it’s not coming yet.
do you smell "stock split" coming?

OP
OP

Deleted member 12457

TSLA ended 2020 at $705.67 and is currently trading at $1216 after hours. That's a tad bit more than a 29% YTD increase. 487 point increase so far this year. I'm calculating it at 61.20% Saw lots of red in my spreadsheet but also a good amount of black, especially the climb in the last month.
Sponsored