Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
In patent applications from Tesla I have seen recently they have those functions on buttons down the center panel of the steering wheel. I am guessing it will be similar.
1611835698210.jpeg
Tesla Cybertruck Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING! 1611837108079

SOURCE
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There are buttons for many features along the steering wheel. There's a rumor there's another strip along the charging pad.

And no, the Tesla head is very stable. It has to be; the car depends upon it. The car doesn't really go if the computer doesn't say go (tho it's a different computer than the one running the touchscreen)

-Crissa

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Hardly ever anymore. Two to three years ago reboots were quite common but, with current software, it hardly ever happens anymore. Even when it did happen, the car was still drivable, you just couldn't see the screen or play music until it had re-booted. Surprisingly, even AutoPilot would work fine when re-booting.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
It doesn’t matter what you think, there are buttons and your opinion does not define their existence. You can see them in the pictures.

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
If I know anything about Elon, I expect him to say he doesn't really care about alignment and those folks on they Cybertruckownersclub.com forum will buy it and love it anyway.
But would he be able to “shoot someone on 5th Avenue and still not lose any” buyers ? ?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There are buttons on the steering and at the base of the phone cubbie.
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...-way-of-model-s-and-x-updated-interiors.2323/

It's not confirmed whether they'll retain which buttons where, because there are multiple pictures with slight differences (and even an unreleased round version that a hacker found in their files) but there are definitely some buttons.

You change gear very infrequently in a Tesla, and always while stopped. So the touch screen is fine.

-Crissa

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
According to Sandy Munro the CT may be water tight, buoyant, and amphibious
Well if he's going to go the amphib route how about adding some frogman style flippers and a "ribbet ribbet" horn?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Mr. Musk and his leadership team are marketing experts. I have given the highly anticipated reveal a lot of thought and here is my prediction on how it will play out.

The production version debut of the CT will not happen until the closest BEV competitor, the Rivian R1T, hits the streets in June. The timing will knock the wind out of the Rivian R1T debut and make reservation holders think twice and possibly hold out for the lower priced alternative from Tesla, the Cybertruck. It will also cause the mainstream media to report on the production version of the CT and this will overshadow the debut of the Rivian pickup.

So my guess is we are about 2.5 months from seeing the public reveal of the Cybertruck. I do know one thing. This truck is going to be a huge disrupter in the pickup truck market. The Big 3 pickup truck platform leadership teams will be shaking In their boots about future employment when the details and final styling of the Cybertruck are publicly revealed for the first time.

Last edited:

Jamey100

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
VP to Bezos
Country flag
Mr. Musk and his leadership team are marketing experts. I have given the highly anticipated reveal a lot of thought and here is my prediction on how it will play out.

The production version debut of the CT will not happen until the closest BEV competitor, the Rivian R1T, hits the streets in June. The timing wI’ll knock the wind out of the Rivian R1T debut and make some Rivian reservation holders think twice and possibly hold out for the lower priced alternative from Tesla, the Cybertruck. It will also cause the mainstream media to report on the production version of the CT and this will overshadow the debut of the Rivian pickup.

So my guess is we are about 2.5 months from seeing the public reveal of the Cybertruck. I do know one thing. This truck is going to be a huge disrupter in the pickup truck market. The Big 3 pickup truck platform leadership teams will be shaking In their boots about future employment when the details and final styling of the Cybertruck are publicly revealed for the first time.

And I presume Giga factory would be gearing towards completion or opening around the summer while they debut the CT production version. The hype is real. I hope R1T does great numbers but you are right... the CT would be blowing others out the park after the delayed gratification of updates. How timely!

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag

The production version debut of the CT will not happen until the closest BEV competitor, the Rivian R1T, hits the streets in June. The timing will knock the wind out of the Rivian R1T debut and make reservation holders think twice and possibly hold out for the lower priced alternative from Tesla, the Cybertruck. It will also cause the mainstream media to report on the production version of the CT and this will overshadow the debut of the Rivian pickup.

1) Cybertruck and Rivian are not competing. Different trucks, different uses.
(they appeal to many of the same people ONLY because of our paucity of choices)
2) Both Cybertruck and Rivian are going to be in short supply for years.

Nobody is going to be shaking in their boots this year. Or next year.

Further out? Maybe... but there may actually be competitors by then.

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
And I'm sure all the YouTuberz just *happen* to get there first. I'm assuming first ones may be from Freemont without casting. Let those views go crazy with production car. Sandy does a tear down. Then Q1 22' get Texas version with casting and Volume. Now Sandy can do an update video and show improvements in such a short time frame..