Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Rivian will be slow in production. They will experience production hell just like Tesla did. You won't be able to get a Rivian any sooner that a CT.
Yup, they just had another delay. I think you are comparing wait between front of the CT line with back of the Rivian line. I am not convinced back of CT line will get here sooner that Back of Rivian line even with production hell. With that said, I was not suggesting that I will get a Rivian. Not that there is anything wrong with it. In fact, I do like it a lot and if I find one in my driveway on my birthday, I would not say no but I don’t plan to pay for any truck over $50K. I was just saying once you see another EV truck on the road and know that they can be real, your expectation of some news about yours that gives you some assurance yours can be real too will increase and waiting in the dark becomes that much more difficult.

If the Tax incentive passes as is and buying something soon vs waiting another 4 years to miss the boat could mean $12K of difference, that will add pressure to pick something that is available sooner (even if it is not a truck). Obviously for those with lower reservation numbers, this is not an issue.

I know this is just belly aching but since “a month or so“ is a large unit of time, there is nothing better to do but speculating over patent applications and belly aching. I just picked the one I am good at.

I really want [insert name of favorite super model] but she’s not available for a couple of years so I’ll marry my ugly neighbor.
Spot on with the Analogy. The question remains, will the ugly neighbor that has been drooling over you for all those years more likely to make you happy or the super model that never knew or cared you existed.
Sponsored

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Rivian will be slow in production. They will experience production hell just like Tesla did. You won't be able to get a Rivian any sooner that a CT.
With Amazon owning Rivian, one could hope for Prime overnight delivery. But since Rivian is making Amazon’s new delivery trucks, maybe Prime is getting delayed to SubPrime.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
I really want [insert name of favorite super model] but she’s not available for a couple of years so I’ll marry my ugly neighbor.
Yeah, but at least she can cook!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
You are right, and I don't want a Rivian for doing donuts in either my yard or my neighbor's, but I might if they priced it well below the CT which they won't do unless they build it in Chaiyna, and then I wouldn't touch it. Toxic wallboard comes to mind and cadmium laced paint. Sorry! No, not sorry. It's the truth.

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
After the Model S Plaid event, I'm afraid we won't get official details until they have a handful of Cybertrucks ready to deliver. :cautious:
Maybe this will be the new norm? I mean.. technically this was the first time that I am aware in which Tesla has done a physical reveal in which the product was ready to be delivered.. The model S plaid announcement was made during an earnings call.

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
No, they have done delivery events for the Model 3 and S before.

-Crissa
Let me clarify, this is the first time they have launched a vehicle that was ready to go without first showing off a prototype in physical form. We only got to see Images.

Granted it was not a fully new product.. but it seems significantly new enough that I am surprised we did not see a physical version of it in concept form.

Delusional

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
It will be revealed four to six weeks after they get that larger 8000 ton IDRA casting press functional. In a Joe Tegtmeyer drone video about a month ago I saw that press, wrapped up and sitting 1500 feet from where it's going to be installed. Last week installation began of the concrete columns needed in the area the press is to be placed. (they need concrete columns for fire safety, as steel columns can easily warp and fail in a fire.)
I say it will be another month to get the roof over the press' area. Then another month to move and install the press into said area. Within two weeks of the first castings, Tesla will have a revised prototype, and another month to prepare it for release.
That puts us sometime in mid to late September.

The title of this thread should be:
Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Let me clarify, this is the first time they have launched a vehicle that was ready to go without first showing off a prototype in physical form. We only got to see Images.

Granted it was not a fully new product.. but it seems significantly new enough that I am surprised we did not see a physical version of it in concept form.
Yeah. This is their first full update, too. They've done refreshes, but this is the first 'we changed the motors and ui' point.

Tesla prefers to put their improvements in play as soon as possible, which means incremental differences that are hard to see.

-Crissa

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah. This is their first full update, too. They've done refreshes, but this is the first 'we changed the motors and ui' point.

Tesla prefers to put their improvements in play as soon as possible, which means incremental differences that are hard to see.

-Crissa
hope that does not include incremental differences in FSD price and Tri-motor price.....?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
hope that does not include incremental differences in FSD price and Tri-motor price.....?
Well, hopefully they'll stick to our price. They generally do. And FSD was sold with a 'locked in' price which under State law they have to honor.

-Crissa

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
The title of this thread should be:
Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING!
I like it.. consider it DONE!

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, hopefully they'll stick to our price. They generally do. And FSD was sold with a 'locked in' price which under State law they have to honor.

-Crissa
thanks for the reassurance.....I am just worried because had to re-install email and my whole CyberTruck file was deleted somehow......now I don't have any emails from Tesla regarding my order....only shows on my account page....without FSD....oh well, it a waiting game any way.....now that the rains have stopped in Austin, maybe they can catch up....but most of the work seems to be inside..... thanks again
Sponsored