Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Watched the construction video (or at least the cliffs notes) this AM and they are still laying out and pouring more Gigapress foundations. Seems like they are really getting their Giga on.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Watched the construction video (or at least the cliffs notes) this AM and they are still laying out and pouring more Gigapress foundations. Seems like they are really getting their Giga on.
Tesla Cybertruck Updated CyberTruck to be shown in a month or so AFTER WE GET THE 8000 TON CASTING MACHINE RUNNING! 1631124768422

OP
OP
Ehninger1212

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Yeah, we only drive it about 4,000 miles/year. If we don't need the capabilities of a truck we use a car.
I was expecting you missed a digit.. i do 4000 miles in like.. 2 months.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I was expecting you missed a digit.. i do 4000 miles in like.. 2 months.
I've done well above that in 2 weeks on my motorcycle many times, for fun, I wasn't really trying to get anywhere in particular. My truck is not nearly as fun to drive as my motorcycle is to ride so I only drive it when I have to. I don't know how people can stand using a pickup as their daily driver!

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
My current "beater" truck is a 2010 F-150 with almost 50K miles on it. I'm sitting on the edge of my seat ready to take delivery of my first Cybertruck because I hate driving the F-150 ever since we took delivery of our first electric car (Model 3). The truck drives like a disconnected nightmare. It feels like an ancient relic from the past with all kinds of funny noises, smells and irritating built-in time delays and disconcerting slushy lurches every time it shifts. Which is to say it drives normally for a low mileage 2010 F-150. ?
Mine probably drives exactly the same. That's why I haven't bought a Model S, new or used. The other reason is that I don't have the money for a new one! LOL! It is kind of like cruise lines. If you have never been on a cruise before, you can go on a Carnival Cruise, and not knowing any better, think you have just been treated to the most wonderful experience of your life....... well, maybe the second most wonderful. But after you have been on a Princess Cruise or a Royal Caribbean liner, you suddenly realize there is a God in Heaven and that you were destined for better things all your life and you will never again grace the deck or any other part of a Carnival Cruise unless your ship is sinking and one just happens to be steaming by; then again, if your aversion to Carnival Cruise Line is great enough, you may just choose to go down with the ship instead!

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Mine truck has 155K+ 2008.
I am hoping it will hold out! :)
Poor guy! Mine is a 1993 with 71,800 original miles, verified by service records. I only put 1,000 miles per year on it after I bought it. It sat in the pasture most of the time, but since my cherry 2006 Chrysler 300 C (referred to as the "Pimp Daddy Wagon") blew the Hemi at 165,000, this beater has become my one and only until my CT rolls off the line. Looks like it came out of the Garden of Eden, but it runs like new. I plan to keep it for backup when I get my CT (for the rare times it has to go to Elonville for repairs.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I am moving my guesstimate for an updated cyber truck to be shown.
Now Monday March 28,
By now you know we need you to specify the year when it comes to CT predictions ;)

Sounds like they are planning on moving a *lot* of Model Ys then. Fremont has 2 casting machines which produce all the Model 3s and Model Ys. Sounds like Tesla isn't doubling capacity for the Model 3 and Model Y, they are tripling it.
If battery supply and price end up being where Elon has been shooting for, with high production capacity, Y prices should drop to keep demand high. It may take two years to get there (if inflation along with part and material shortage don’t push us further the other way).

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If battery supply and price end up being where Elon has been shooting for, with high production capacity, Y prices should drop to keep demand high. It may take two years to get there (if inflation along with part and material shortage don’t push us further the other way).
If the 4680 cells were out, they might get 270+ miles range. Then Tesla can reintroduce the Model Y SR with a lower price and up the range on the AWD LR.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
The gigapress foundation we were talking about ended up getting another 6000 ton press installed on it. That is the third press of that type.
Last week a drone shot showed TWO more gigapress foundations being built. Let's hope at least one of those are the 8000 ton variety. After these two, it looks like there is room for four or maybe five more presses. That would make a total of nine or ten.
I'm thinking two presses doing Model Y front, and two presses doing model Y rear castings. Then two presses doing CT front, and two presses doing CT rear castings. This would allow one or maybe two presses can be down for maintenance at any time without slowing production.

I am moving my guesstimate for an updated cyber truck to be shown.
Now Monday March 28,
Absolutely....... in a month or so!

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
By now you know we need you to specify the year when it comes to CT predictions ;)

This one year setback may be the first in a series. I keep eyeballing the Roadster. I keep thinking those guys deserve theirs before we deserve our CTs, not that we actually deserve anything. Maybe if we each order a couple of them the CT line will come around quicker?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This one year setback may be the first in a series. I keep eyeballing the Roadster. I keep thinking those guys deserve theirs before we deserve our CTs, not that we actually deserve anything. Maybe if we each order a couple of them the CT line will come around quicker?
I suspect Tesla was sitting on less than 5,000 Roadster preorders (you had to put down $50k to reserve it or the full $250k for the launch edition) versus more than 750,000+ Cybertruck preorders. Not hard to see why Tesla is pushing the Cybertruck.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I suspect Tesla was sitting on less than 5,000 Roadster preorders (you had to put down $50k to reserve it or the full $250k for the launch edition) versus more than 750,000+ Cybertruck preorders. Not hard to see why Tesla is pushing the Cybertruck.
Another factor is amount of air pollution avoided. Trucks are some of the most polluting vehicles on the roads, driven many miles and driven by large percentage of drivers. Total pollution of $200K hypercars is single raindrop in a lake compared what all the trucks put out.
Sponsored

Last edited: