Updated Predicted Cybertruck Pricing

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, here it is folks, the most up-to-date Cybertruck pricing scale. We have carefully deconstructed the original Cybertruck price, and using the most advanced algorithm available to date, reconstructed a sliding scale that closely mirrors market conditions on all levels of factors, such as materials, labor and other elements including batteries and their increased availability, increased stainless steel production, decreased reliance on chips as programming takes a bigger role, and the emerging circumstance of Tesla now owning a large portion of the lithium mining sector. Even as other car manufacturers face increased costs across the board, Tesla has managed to reduce costs on some key components of production, and as they ramp production, their costs are reduced as they're able to to, simply put, pump out more vehicles in a shorter time frame, reducing labor costs even as labor increases on a per-hour basis. Here, then, is the new scale:
Single motor: $36,800.
Dual motor: $45,200.
Tri motor: $64,990.
Quad motor giga monster beast mode 1000 mile range: $71,000.
These prices will be valid for all those who have made a reservation to date, and are just as valid as any other guesses we've seen so far, only we like these a lot more than some of the doomsday predictions previously seen on this site. Have a great weekend, my friends.
CYBERMAN
I'm confused. How would the prices be lower than those announced when all prices have gone up? The tri motor price was announced as $69,900 but your advanced algorithm is suggesting a drop in price of $5k?

At the very least 5% inflation per year would make the tri motor $84,900.
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Tesla with kill two birds with one stone.

Single motor CT starts at $25,000
Dual $35,000
Quad $50,000

Fulfill promise of 25k vehicle without additional development.

I am in the know.

If you doubt, prove me wrong with Tesla data.

Last edited:

Raebrek

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Highlander, 2016 Subaru Outback
Country flag
These prices are more accurate than many guesstimates I’ve seen.
May I be allowed to translate what you mean?

I like your guess much better than the guesses I’ve seen from other people. if that is accurate, then I agree. Mind you I like no price drift at all even better.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm confused. How would the prices be lower than those announced when all prices have gone up? The tri motor price was announced as $69,900 but your advanced algorithm is suggesting a drop in price of $5k?

At the very least 5% inflation per year would make the tri motor $84,900.
Post was mostly sarcastic I believe.

Making fun of others who have posted equally nonsense estimates with their own arbitrary adjustments.

Tesla launched the truck knowing it was 2+ years in the future and knowing that raw materials prices for EV are likely going to be under pricing pressure. So the bulk of the inflation may well have been added in from go.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
B+

There is every chance the CT will come out with the 500 mile version first.
It is still 12 months (or less?) from production, and it will be ramping.

Cathode plant opening in a few months, and by July next year, 4680 will be made at volume and ramping. At that point, stars have aligned and production will not be impeded by batteries.

Battery constraint, likely to resurface once Tesla grows from 5 million vehicles per year and ramping to 10 million+.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah good points.

I agree no use fretting. I’d rather assume pricing is going to go up (like just about everything else) and if it doesn’t then it’s a pleasant surprise.
you're right bout going up........I did a trial......I bought ten items at the grocery store on Tuesday last week.......today I went to the same store and bought the same items......the cost of those same items were collectively 8.71% higher.......cant believe it......

LTN COLUMBO

First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DUSTER PRESTIGE
Country flag
Pour moi ce qui est primordial c'est sont poids ! quels seront les modèles qui feront moins de 3 500 kg en Poids Total Autorisé en Charge ? En Europe c'est Primordial pour pouvoir vendre le cybertruck ! . Personne ne voudra passer le Permis de Conduire Poids Lourd pour conduire le CT

Geo9598

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (Dual Motor)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I wish
but Last datapoint was 3 years ago.
Inflation this year alone is ~8 percent and Tesla has been regularly updating/increasing prices across their model lines.
I see no reason to believe cybertruck would be any different.
I personally fully expect Tesla to honor the original price agreement. Maybe I’m dreaming but I believe they will. Let’s everyone stop saying you expect an increase on these threads… it’s almost like giving them permission. How about everyone demand they stick with the original price!!

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Post was mostly sarcastic I believe.

Making fun of others who have posted equally nonsense estimates with their own arbitrary adjustments.

Tesla launched the truck knowing it was 2+ years in the future and knowing that raw materials prices for EV are likely going to be under pricing pressure. So the bulk of the inflation may well have been added in from go.
Ya know, I could have swore Elon talked about securing raw materials, specifically stainless steel for the future; this gives a broke reservation holder from December 27th 2019 hope...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Pour moi ce qui est primordial c'est sont poids ! quels seront les modèles qui feront moins de 3 500 kg en Poids Total Autorisé en Charge ? En Europe c'est Primordial pour pouvoir vendre le cybertruck ! . Personne ne voudra passer le Permis de Conduire Poids Lourd pour conduire le CT
Fair point, though Americans tend to carry bulky loads more than heavy. And our licensing is shoddy, comparitively.

I would love to be able to carry more than a ton of bricks ^-^

-Crissa
Sponsored