Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hmmm

A lot of people love the Rivian. Not just reviewers.

If it were priced better I might have bought that instead of the Cybertruck just due to the smaller size.

Though charging it seems to be an issue.
I was surprised to see a Rivian at the Goodwood Festival of Speed the other week, being up close I didn’t find it as imposing as when I viewed the dimensions, to me it wasn’t much bigger than my Nissan Navara double cab.
it was quite impressive going up the hill climb course, mind you that McMurtry car is a missile and the way it smashed the record was brilliant , I would like to see that take on Pikes Peak.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Perhaps we just need a wonderful distraction for a while. Anyone have any ideas for that?
How about half of us take the stance that the price of the CT will increase outrageously, and the other half say it will remain the same or slightly higher than what was stated in the reveal and have a mock debate.
Team name suggestions? How about Team Outrageous and Team Probable.

savagecabbage

First Name
craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model x p100d, Chevy Volt
Country flag
How about half of us take the stance that the price of the CT will increase outrageously, and the other half say it will remain the same or slightly higher than what was stated in the reveal and have a mock debate.
The names are backwards.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I see it as medium, average, nothing special, etc. What's par for a category of vehicle that doesn't exist yet?

Manufacturer is a crap shoot. New, no track record, who will service it, etc etc.

Look at the charging comment above.

Look at the price.

No comparison to Tesla and Ford in my mind.
I don’t get the FUD. There’s tons of space in this category for many players

Manufacture is a crapshoot?
their balance sheet and investors don’t think so

they beat Ford and Tesla to market

it’s a great product I’ve seen several

it took the crown from the TRX as the quickest production vehicle truck ever (faster than the lightning)

initial reviews on their SUV that just came out are glowing.

wish I was an early adopter of “mediocre” Rivian as my CT deposit at launch has left me with no specifics on production date, price or specs.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Neither do the people putting $100 on 7 at the craps table.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don’t get the FUD. There’s tons of space in this category for many players

they beat Ford and Tesla to market

it’s a great product I’ve seen several

it took the crown from the TRX as the quickest production vehicle truck ever (faster than the lightning)

initial reviews on their SUV that just came out are glowing.

wish I was an early adopter of “mediocre” Rivian as my CT deposit at launch has left me with no specifics on production date, price or specs.
Big problem with Rivian for me from day 1 was the price/ value. It’s still a big problem for me.

The only way I was willing to ping up $70k for a truck was to get the 500 mile range. The Rivian at $80k for the off road setup I wanted never interested me.

R1S is similarly pricey. I want a vehicle that will get me out into the sticks… and back.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I don't get how someone would think the Cybertruck, when it eventually gets here, would be priced anywhere close to the November 2019 pricing.

Look at all the price increases Tesla has done since then for the other models.

Take those % increases over the last 3 years, and apply it to the CyberTruck's initial projected price(s).

Plus, if Tesla comes out with a totally new model (Quad) they are not locked into anything. They never projected a price for the Quad, so they would be free to charge $79,999 or anything they wish.

And they will sell everyone of them.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Well, here it is folks, the most up-to-date Cybertruck pricing scale. We have carefully deconstructed the original Cybertruck price, and using the most advanced algorithm available to date, reconstructed a sliding scale that closely mirrors market conditions on all levels of factors, such as materials, labor and other elements including batteries and their increased availability, increased stainless steel production, decreased reliance on chips as programming takes a bigger role, and the emerging circumstance of Tesla now owning a large portion of the lithium mining sector. Even as other car manufacturers face increased costs across the board, Tesla has managed to reduce costs on some key components of production, and as they ramp production, their costs are reduced as they're able to to, simply put, pump out more vehicles in a shorter time frame, reducing labor costs even as labor increases on a per-hour basis. Here, then, is the new scale:
Single motor: $36,800.
Dual motor: $45,200.
Tri motor: $64,990.
Quad motor giga monster beast mode 1000 mile range: $71,000.
These prices will be valid for all those who have made a reservation to date, and are just as valid as any other guesses we've seen so far, only we like these a lot more than some of the doomsday predictions previously seen on this site. Have a great weekend, my friends.
CYBERMAN
I pray to Crom that you're right.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I don't think it was an intentional bait and switch....just Elon being Elon and thinking he was going to pop the CyberTruck out like a Poptart out of the toaster. It has taken way longer than he was hoping, and now we have inflation, and yes, the financial people have run their profit analysis and decided to bring out the Quad at most likely a premium price.

I reserved a Tri-Motor, so I never expected it to be under $70,000. Therefore, if offered a Quad, at even $85,000, I am okay with that. (Which is different that anyone that ordered a Single Motor - their expectations are blown up)

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
One year of 8% is less than four years of regular inflation, which they would have anticipated. There was at least four years of reservations when they stopped giving us prices last year. And at that point, they knew they were already a year late.

So while it may seem logical to say to add in all this inflation... It would have already bee in calculations made in 2019. And we can anticipate how much leeway they had budgeted by when they cut off the pricing. And they cut off the pricing when inflation projections ate those extra four years.

Anyhow, there's also no use fretting or 'accepting' price increases that don't yet exist.

-Crissa
that isn't bait and switch. the product must be available to meet that threshold.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Model Y deliveries opened up. In march of 2020. The whole year of fulfillment of preorders. Tesla made it pretty clear the Model Y RWD LR was not happening, but didn’t cancel the orders. Not many selected that configuration and most of those just switched during 2020.

Tesla started shipping to customers without pre orders in late 2020. Pre orders were done. Still these folks held onto the hope that they would get their MY LR RWD… but it never happened. Hundreds of thousands of Model Ys shipped during 2021, prices slowly rose over the year. Still they hung onto the hope their Configuration would ship.

Eventually, watching a full year of price increases, Tesla told them to change their orders or it would get cancelled.

I seriously doubt more than 20 people hadn’t long since pulled the trigger.

Lesson here: if your config isn’t available, don’t sit on it for 2 years. I doubt this will be an issue with Cybertruck though.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The Dual Motor Cybertruck will most likely MSRP for $69,900. Any less and I will be pleasantly surprised.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The Dual Motor Cybertruck will most likely MSRP for $69,900. Any less and I will be pleasantly surprised.
Why would it msrp for the proce of the tri-motor?

At least this guess is near Rivian, but it's still above.

You guys are just walking examples of why inflation fears are good for profits.

-Crissa
Sponsored