Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
I reserved the dual motor. I currently drive a Ram 1500, and get 493 miles of range on a full tank. (I hate buying gas). I am fighting the urge to upgrade to the tri motor because of the range. I will drive 100 miles a day round trip. I am also not a speed demon. I need someone to talk me out of spending the extra 20k.
Sponsored

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved the dual motor. I currently drive a Ram 1500, and get 493 miles of range on a full tank. (I hate buying gas). I am fighting the urge to upgrade to the tri motor because of the range. I will drive 100 miles a day round trip. I am also not a speed demon. I need someone to talk me out of spending the extra 20k.
With the new battery coming out, being lighter and cheaper, I would not be surprised if they offered a long range duo option. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I think I read somewhere that Tesla is stacking battery packs on the Tri Motor version to achieve 500 miles between charges. I think it’s similar to what Rivian plans on doing.

Tesla Cybertruck Upgraded order from dual to tri motor! 1595119349642

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I am hoping there will be a long range dual motor version. I would love a 500+ mile range, but i could care less about the sub 3s 0-60 time. I want to use my truck for work, not as a sports car.
Is there a movement for a long range dual motor version. If so count me in. I want more range while towing. Heck fill the small space that the 3rd motor takes up with even more batteries. Cost is not the biggest concern for me.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
What else would that 20k be better spent on? If you spend that much time in your truck, it's a good investment.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
What else would that 20k be better spent on? If you spend that much time in your truck, it's a good investment.
With the stainless steel body, optimized aero-dynamics, and the shear volume that will likely be produced the CT will become a legacy/heirloom vehicle. There will be a huge 3rd party accessory market and as battery tech improves Tesla or others will make upgrades that will keep this truck on the road indefinitely. This will be kind of like my 1976 VW bus. I can get parts from several supplier. Could the same be said for a 1991 Ford Taurus?

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
For us it was always the tri motor.
We are considering our CT to replace the business truck, adventure all wheeler, AND motorhome. So we want most power and range available. Speed is not really our goal, (won't mind "smoking" a few Corvettes and Porsches though;) ).

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
Please remind me again of the lineup for first production between the motor choices?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
If Tesla keeps the 3mm stainless steel specs for the production version the Cybertruck body should last 50+ years.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Tri and duel were supposed to be first.

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Uuuggg....just get here already. So I can make my decision

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Well single motor was supposed to be first, but thankfully with the much much higher demand for tri/dual motor options, Tri motor will be first, then dual, then single.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Lots of members on here with $75k plus budgets for a Tri Motor Cybertruck. I’ll bet you can option one close to $100k by the time it’s released.