Don Kedick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3LR, Escalade
Country flag
Between that low hanging diffuser and the charge port on the fenders it looks like they couldn't care less about off road use.
I’m going to assume they put the charge port in the fender for the same reason they removed door handles. Cutting into the stainless to make spots for these was less than ideal. Maybe it ends up being an issue and they change how they do it down the line but for now it seems reasonable.
Sponsored

samson

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Occupation
yolo'r
Country flag
Yes that's the camera, the Alpha prototypes already had it there. Aesthetically another poor design choice as it breaks up the lightbar, they could have put it down where the license plate is.

abh.png
No it doesnt break up the uber cool light bar. check out this image

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 1675436579788

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
^^^ Hope this is the rear light configuration

Forestmcmac

First Name
Forest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Could these covers possibly flip open and allow storage inside? It’d be quite narrow I guess, so maybe not.

1B911B9C-72EB-4F3B-ACC7-40CE2E53EF34.jpeg
They appear to be the tip of the track that the vault cover slides in so probably not.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Somehow I doubt that... I have yet to see a thread on here with even the smallest of small comment that we can all agree on. There is always at least one dissenter. And the dissenters tend to be more vocal for the smaller issues.

At least that is what I seem to have observed here,
I disagree

JoDaddy03

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fiat 500e
Occupation
IT Professional
Country flag
I’ll still be removing my side mirrors, as long as easy removal makes it to production, but I do like what they did with the shape of them in this photo compared to the previous ones we saw. This new triangular design flows much better with the lines of the truck.

On another note, is it just me or does the glass on the back side of that roof look like it is more then just a piece of see through glass? Maybe it’s just the way the reflections are playing off of it but it seems there could be more to it. Maybe it’s just me wanting there to be more to it, lol
I also noticed the Break Bar is just individual break lights... that might be old news.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
No it doesnt break up the uber cool light bar. check out this image

1675436579788.png
By that I mean instead of a flat light bar you have that thing jutting out which breaks the shape up, you can see it even in that low res photo you posted.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Between that low hanging diffuser and the charge port on the fenders it looks like they couldn't care less about off road use.
The truck isn't at it's max height, it might be at the halfway height. Once it rises another 4 inches (or more) the clearance will be just fine.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
While you are at it... If you have a preorder at all, you should just request it back at this point. If the truck is "NEVER" coming, then invest that $100 somewhere safe and let it grow for infinity years. I can't even calculate how much money you'll make doing that. It's insane. So much better than a non-existent truck that everyone - 1 is drooling over.
Well I have an order at about 369,420 and I'm confident it will get filled. However, I encourage anyone who is before me in line to give up, they've waited so long you know? Longer than me even!!! (Three exclamations is enough to translate to sarcasm right?)

Last edited:

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s raining Cybertruck photos. I’m loving this shot with actual cargo in it. A++

If those are 35” tires, Looks like the bed has no trouble gobbling up 6 foot worth of cargo. Can’t tell how much more space there is though.

I’m left wondering…. Did they send this truck to the tire shop to pick these up? Looks like they are outfitting a couple more trucks.

1675405561539.png

Is that a ding on the back?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
FWIW, this photo is of one of the older prototypes and it’s been run over with a fine tooth comb so don’t read too much into it. Interesting bit to me and perhaps the only really new thing here is the tires in the bed showing capacity.

The other photo and video are of the newer truck.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
The truck isn't at it's max height, it might be at the halfway height. Once it rises another 4 inches (or more) the clearance will be just fine.
It doesn't change the fact that you are compromising clearance when compared to the old bumper. On top of looking awful.
Sponsored