Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe it opens up so you can clean the bedcover?

Flip.jpg
I know this was a LONG time ago, but the onstage screen had a picture of an open sail cover. Things could obviously have changed a lot since then, but this was at least a Tesla notion at one point.
In this pic it appears that only the outward facing panel moves. This design would allow mounting a rack on the sail tops as that appears solid in the original reveal vehicle photo.
In the picture you show the topmost panel lifting up towards the outside, which I contend would be useless sail storage if it could not be accessed from the side of the truck.

But.... who knows.
Maybe it opens up so you can clean the bedcover?

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 Fli
Sponsored

Attachments

ecotrials

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, electric trials bike
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I know this was a LONG time ago, but the onstage screen had a picture of an open sail cover. Things could obviously have changed a lot since then, but this was at least a Tesla notion at one point.
In this pic it appears that only the outward facing panel moves. This design would allow mounting a rack on the sail tops as that appears solid in the original reveal vehicle photo.
In the picture you show the topmost panel lifting up towards the outside, which I contend would be useless sail storage if it could not be accessed from the side of the truck.

But.... who knows.
Sorry, I can't seem to find a way to post the pic directly into the reply

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag

But.... who knows.
hmmm. So you’re saying that the OG sail pillars, would open and expose Vault cover track in side for easy cleaning? Hmmm makes a ton of sense to me.
I can see the air compressor coming in handy for this particular job.

I truly love the Sail Pillars from OG CT. Before actually placing a reservation for the cybertruck, I was originally looking at ram and one of their features was the Rambox that imo are Very handy compartments.

when Cybertruck was revealed I thought , OMG I was sooo close to getting the Ram. I was kicking my heels when I watched the CT hit tye stage! Like a child on Xmas. Yea, it’s taken some time, but I knew that the Cybertruck was all I could ever dream of having. Yup. How practical and amazing right? Very well thought out!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think that rectangle could be the cutout portion which houses winch and other attachment options.

For whatever reason it's a white outline, I doubt it will remain white in production.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I think that rectangle could be the cutout portion which houses winch and other attachment options.

For whatever reason it's a white outline, I doubt it will remain white in production.
Even if it is white in production, it won't remain white once the truck is on/off the road.

CoachTerry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wellness Coach
Country flag
I’ll still be removing my side mirrors, as long as easy removal makes it to production, but I do like what they did with the shape of them in this photo compared to the previous ones we saw. This new triangular design flows much better with the lines of the truck.

On another note, is it just me or does the glass on the back side of that roof look like it is more then just a piece of see through glass? Maybe it’s just the way the reflections are playing off of it but it seems there could be more to it. Maybe it’s just me wanting there to be more to it, lol
Not sure how we can get it in single car garage stall with the mirrors on given how wide the specs looks to be.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
Anybody worried that there doesn't seem to be rear wheel steering apparent in the video? Maybe it doesn't activate for relatively simply turns like this...?

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
I dont believe all these beta trucks have all the features.
I think they test some features out on some betas. So this one may not have the real wheel steering.
I'm surprised no one is still using this thread

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Unless you're trying to stuff it in a one-car-garage, I wouldn't sweat it.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm hoping they extend, or at least an option to upgrade.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I’d say they fold (see fold/joint line below). But since they may be built to remove/for simplicity, like a jeep wrangler, they may only fold manually, like a jeep wrangler

Tesla Cybertruck [Video Added!] Cybertruck spotted with new side mirror design! Musk confirms removable (Feb 1, 2023) 📸 2B808461-2682-44E1-95E9-7A3E3D74F54B
Sponsored