Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It will probably automatically drop to the lowest height on the highway for efficiency
Also when parkedā€¦ and someone said it wouldnā€˜t even go over 40 MPH in max height. Reallyā€¦ itā€™s a lifted truck when it needs to be, the rest of the time itā€™s a proper height truck.

ƆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Not sure if it was raised the max 16 inches of previously stated clearance, but it looked pretty close.

The video was blurry, but probably not because of the camera or phone used, but likely because someone captured it from a far distance and then had to seriously crop and up convert what video they did get. So this seems like something captured and leaked without permission.

- ƆCIII

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My MY LR has held its own this winter but still got stuck once in some deep drifts. Can't wait for 16" of ground clearance. šŸ¤¤

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
been on the list since 10 minutes into the reveal Nov. 2019.
probably receive mine mid 2024 or early 2025.
At this rate my son will be able to drive it too.
Uhhh quite possible you have your before EOY 23ā€™. This year. Iā€™m serious.

Iā€™m seeing more and more tooling show up. Conveyors, more molds, etc. stuff I havenā€™t posted up yet. Couple dozen more assembly bots.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Not sure if it was raised the max 16 inches of previously stated clearance, but it looked pretty close.

The video was blurry, but probably not because of the camera or phone used, but likely because someone captured it from a far distance and then had to seriously crop and up convert what video they did get. So this seems like something captured and leaked without permission.

- ƆCIII
Unlikely. The foreground when zoomed shows the guys leg. The poster took this from somewhere with a crappy download.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I always thought that silver thing was air suspension.

Tesla Cybertruck Video: Cybertruck in off-road suspension mode / highest ride height 1677035459487

ƆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Unlikely. The foreground when zoomed shows the guys leg. The poster took this from somewhere with a crappy download.
Good point so the distance wasn't that far. I looked at the video first and then looked at the screen grab later in the thread. So like you said either a crappy download that was over-compressed and reduced in resolution, or it could've been with a crappy camera or someone grabbing their phone in haste to record the video but with it failing to focus.

- ƆCIII

micromano

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tesla.com
Vehicles
Tesla P3D
Country flag
It doesn't look like the belly of the truck lifts much. So while it's pretty exciting that there's a big wheel gap, it doesn't look like it's going to be able to clear something like a log or a rock even 12 in in height.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Good point so the distance wasn't that far. I looked at the video first and then looked at the screen grab later in the thread. So like you said either a crappy download that was over-compressed and reduced in resolution, or it could've been with a crappy camera or someone grabbing their phone in haste to record the video but with it failing to focus.

- ƆCIII
Iā€™d go on a limb to guess the poster or the capture has an android phone that was texted to an iPhone and got compressed that way.

Viva iPhone.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
At least they got the front bumper air-inlet right.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Also when parkedā€¦ and someone said it wouldnā€˜t even go over 40 MPH in max height. Reallyā€¦ itā€™s a lifted truck when it needs to be, the rest of the time itā€™s a proper height truck.
The only time you would want max height is going super slow. I think for most off roading you would set it at 75% of max I would think.

It just occurred to me that the CT might need the HW4 computer more than any of the other models (infotainment not withstanding) It might be like another dimension. It may be scanning for rocks and ruts than might hit the undercarriage and adjusting each wheels travel and torque. Potentially insane rock crawler.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The only time you would want max height is going super slow. I think for most off roading you would set it at 75% of max I would think.

It just occurred to me that the CT might need the HW4 computer more than any of the other models (infotainment not withstanding) It might be like another dimension. It may be scanning for rocks and ruts than might hit the undercarriage and adjusting each wheels travel and torque. Potentially insane rock crawler.
Yep. Across the board. Cameras help off-roading a bunch.

HW4 also generates a persistent 3d visualization of the real world. If itā€™s detailed enough itā€™ll be amazing for 4WD.

StarmanM3

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Uhhh quite possible you have your before EOY 23ā€™. This year. Iā€™m serious.

Iā€™m seeing more and more tooling show up. Conveyors, more molds, etc. stuff I havenā€™t posted up yet. Couple dozen more assembly bots.
I think even Elon says there will be a small amount produced in 2023 and production getting into gear in 2024.
But it would be nice to get an early production model. I think I would see more attention to detail on the early runs.
my model 3 LR is an early 2019 and it is nearly flawless.
Sponsored