Was the Tri-Motor price accidentally released by a glitch?

What will the price of the tri motor truck be with FSD?

• Total voters

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
With the price can’t yesterday it is totally reasonable!
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah, the legacy auto companies are quite good at press releases and meeting deadlines.

They just can’t… actually produce them in volume. GM has made fewer than 1,000 Hummers since they started production.

But… you’re right, they are fast and furious with those press releases.

What is the point of listing an MSRP if people order your vehicle and the price goes up before they can take delivery? This is the situation a huge number of F-150 and Hummer buyers are facing right now.
Exactly.

Sure, some people got some - but vast majority of the people on the Ford wait list don't have a truck and just got told they aren't getting their truck at that price.

Tesla has never done that. And I wouldn't want them to do that, either. Once you're on the list, you get that price, if they think they can make it.

-Crissa

RR2241TX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It really won’t matter what the price/trim is if Tesla pushes release much more; my ICE truck will become uneconomical to operate to the point that I will be forced to purchase another ICE truck. At that point my CT reservation will go unused because I’ll have a used ICE dinosaur worth less than its remaining payments and won’t be able to afford to buy any trim level CT. Bottom line for me: timing trumps all other issues. I doubt that Tesla can repeat the Roadster delay and price creep a second time.

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
I don't think demand will be a problem for prices under 80,000. The reservations are insane. I'll want to save on delivery time and fly to Austin to pick it up if they will let me.
WAS insane. I guarantee canceled orders are at least 20% to 25% from a couple years ago. I personally canceled one of two late last year. Not waiting 2 more years or $90-100 for an E truck. This wait, delay shit and Musks twitter bot post is enough to make me start looking elsewhere. And no they won't let you pick it up. This is Texas your talking about. Oil is King over here.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
That makes sense but the whole thing made me wonder if a quad or a tri is going to come out first, can Tesla keep them under 80 to make it qualify (or would they want to)? Or production plans are flexible enough at this stage to push out dual motor first? What do you guys think? Over $80K damn the tax credit and state of the economy? Or under $80 to Keep the demand high?
Why not make the quad motor version somewhat affordable, and have volume with some decent margins?

Smokehouse Brown

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Willis
Occupation
Rocket Surgeon
Country flag
Yeah, the legacy auto companies are quite good at press releases and meeting deadlines.

They just can’t… actually produce them in volume. GM has made fewer than 1,000 Hummers since they started production.

But… you’re right, they are fast and furious with those press releases.

What is the point of listing an MSRP if people order your vehicle and the price goes up before they can take delivery? This is the situation a huge number of F-150 and Hummer buyers are facing right now.
Isn't production for the F150 supposed to be 100,000 by end of this year? I'll take that over some guys trying to assemble a press for expected production this year. Guess will see.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Isn't production for the F150 supposed to be 100,000 by end of this year? I'll take that over some guys trying to assemble a press for expected production this year. Guess will see.
They were supposed to produce 40,000 last year. They managed to crank out a little more than a third that.

Last year Tesla went from “Some guys trying to assemble a press” to delivering 3,000 Model Ys a week in about a year. That’s with the same supply constraints Ford had. I think Tesla has this under control.

EV130

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rented Tesla Model S, 3
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Maybe Elon will make a Twitter poll asking for the price of the Cybertruck :)

BobDavis73

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Rogue, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
GM of Modern Die Systems (tool and die company)
Country flag
WAS insane. I guarantee canceled orders are at least 20% to 25% from a couple years ago. I personally canceled one of two late last year. Not waiting 2 more years or $90-100 for an E truck. This wait, delay shit and Musks twitter bot post is enough to make me start looking elsewhere. And no they won't let you pick it up. This is Texas your talking about. Oil is King over here.
Canceling an order now when the $100 deposit is fully refundable doesn't make any sense. Your spot in line is worth 5 times the deposit. The first two years of production will be major flip opportunities. The demand is going to be crazy once the world sees what these trucks will do. Oil will be around for a long time in specialty and of road equipment. It won't last on our highways. GM, Ford, Stelantis, BMW, Mercedes..... all dieing soon. No vision, no future. Never bet against Elon!

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
They were supposed to produce 40,000 last year. They managed to crank out a little more than a third that.
ive seen you mention this several times. I suppose I may have missed something, but this doesn’t track with anything I’ve seen.

far as I know, Ford was consistent in intending to deliver 15,000 units in 2022.

Here’s an Electrek article from Aug 2021 (3 months into reservation-taking), where Ford announced plans to expand production: “Ford’s new plan includes a ramp to 15,000 vehicles in 2022, 55,000 in 2023, and 80,000 in 2024.”

And a second Electrek article from Jan 2022 about an additional production expansion announcement: “it will increase capacity of its Rouge Electric Vehicle Center in Dearborn, Michigan, beginning with a target of approximately 80,000 units for the 2023 model year Lightning.”

I didn’t keep chasing after that, because it all comported with memory - but could have missed something.

Ford delivered a few hundred more than 15K in 2022.

Perhaps there’s been some confusion of Ford’s assertions regarding gross units to be produced in a calendar year, with instead Ford’s assertions of items anticipated run rates by end of a calendar year? I suppose items possible that at some point Ford said it would be at a run rate of 40k/yr by end of 2022 - because I know for sure that Ford has said it plans 80,000 units for 2023, but to reach a run rate of 120,000 units/yr by end of 2023

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Last year Tesla went from “Some guys trying to assemble a press” to delivering 3,000 Model Ys a week in about a year.
separately, that’s a Tesla success story for sure - but weren’t there Model Y challenges meanwhile?

admittedly, I’m not very agile with Tesla production figures. I just seem to remember you mentioning various reasons model Y ramp and production were behind - maybe it was only a particular factory

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Why not make the quad motor version somewhat affordable, and have volume with some decent margins?
That very well may end up being what they do since Silverado , Rivian and F150 will be on the road. Specs may make it a clear choice for some but combination of specs and price will win many. However with all the price cuts, state of economy and bad publicity, Model X plaid with three motors is priced at $120K. Top of the line CT, at least in some respects will be more capable.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
separately, that’s a Tesla success story for sure - but weren’t there Model Y challenges meanwhile?

admittedly, I’m not very agile with Tesla production figures. I just seem to remember you mentioning various reasons model Y ramp and production were behind - maybe it was only a particular factory
Most everyone had the same issues in 2020, 2021, and 2022. COVID, COVID shutdowns in China, supply chain chaos, and the shortage of chips commonly used in the auto industry.

Tesla just managed them a bit better. Clearly Ford did better than a lot of others too.
Sponsored