Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
One of those rare times where I wish I had normal TV. Right now I have Netflix and Apple TV+ and that’s it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Definitely towards end of 2024. If I am wrong, I will trade my reservation number with Crissa or Ogre
Just noticed this. You are welcome to have my reservation number at the end of 2024.

BobDavis73

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Rogue, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
GM of Modern Die Systems (tool and die company)
Country flag
With the Model Y, the y seat config was delayed for a year+. A few weeks prior to launch, people who had the 7 seat version were given the option to change their config to a 5 seat model to get earlier delivery. I believe something similar will happen here.

Since there are no “quad motor” reservation holders, they have to do something. If the tri motor goes away entirely (not my bet) and reservations are auto-upgraded, or they will give tri motor reservation holders the option to upgrade before launch.

If they are making big pricing changes and huge delays for some models, I strongly suspect they will just queue people up in order and let them configure whatever truck they want.
I think you are probably right. If Tesla stock recovers I'll be in the mood to make good on my orders. If not I'll have to flip the trucks.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry, Snow Plowing, Charter Fishing on the Great Lake Erie, Commercial Properties
Country flag
Different reasons mostly depending on who you ask. What it boils down to seems to be some combination of:
  • Inflation (Arguably legit for about a 20% increase).
  • Some people think the original prices were just a huge mistake on Tesla’s part.
  • Lots of comments about Tesla being greedy/ skimming profits from their huge wait list.
  • The features and value seem too good to be true. (This is arguably true)
  • They think there is a massive market for $80k - $100k trucks (This is where the whole thing falls apart IMO).
In the end, we just have to wait and see.
Have you seen the price of F-150s and F-250s and Ram 2500s? 80k is in line or even better due to SS and no maintenance

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Mandatory fee? Is that right? screw that.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Have you seen the price of F-150s and F-250s and Ram 2500s? 80k is in line or even better due to SS and no maintenance
What kind of volume do these $80k trucks sell in? Lots of people want to talk about $80k trucks, but nobody has a line on volume numbers.

The average cost of a new pickup last year was around $55k. To hit that number, for every $80k truck sold, they need to sell 4 — $47,000 trucks. That’s where the meat of the market is.

And there is every indication ASPs on new vehicles are coming down this year.

Tesla wants to move hundreds of thousands of trucks. $80k trucks don’t sell at that volume.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Watched connecting the dots CT vid again. He said 'cheaper to produce' many times.

I'm even more convinced that the construction process and tech will keep the CT surprisingly affordable.

I think the whole point is to move to the mass market. The 'platform 3' and the CT will be advancing to the next stage of Tesla.

I think that is the direction, and not stepping back to legacy competitive levels.

kylechoffman

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, Volvo XC90
Occupation
Salesforce Delivery Director
Country flag
Every electric truck that is either out or revealed other than the CT and maybe the R1T looks exactly like an ICE truck which is ok but is a safe measure while their dealerships upcharge the shit out of them. I am not suggesting this will happen but it wouldnt shock me if Tesla undercuts equally priced/ spec'd the EV trucks that are look alikes to their ICE brothers. I have seem some of the Ford EV trucks in person and every time I see them I just shake my head -Ford's insane amount of employees and spend couldnt up their game to be progressive and forward thinking with that design?!?

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Every electric truck that is either out or revealed other than the CT and maybe the R1T looks exactly like an ICE truck which is ok but is a safe measure while their dealerships upcharge the shit out of them. I am not suggesting this will happen but it wouldnt shock me if Tesla undercuts equally priced/ spec'd the EV trucks that are look alikes to their ICE brothers. I have seem some of the Ford EV trucks in person and every time I see them I just shake my head -Ford's insane amount of employees and spend couldnt up their game to be progressive and forward thinking with that design?!?
If Ford were forward thinking, they’d have released the first truck before Tesla made the Cybertruck announcement. Or at least their first car.
Sponsored