What happened to our [old] reservation numbers in this new world of AWD and Beast?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
On Thursday I, and others, saw the new specs and pricing come up for the Cybertruck on the Tesla order page. Nothing was said there, or since, about our existing reservation numbers. In a panic I put in another order, wanting to make certain that I would still have a choice and some kind of position in some kind of queue. The question I have for anyone out there is this: do we KNOW whether our original reservations are still valid and that they place us in the queue ahead of the new reservations? Inquiring mind wants to know...
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Nothings changed I believe. We all would have had the opportunity to configure when invited based on reservation number and any other factors Tesla will put weight too

Unemployed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
Country flag
I did the same thing and placed 2 additional orders on the 30th, one RE(Interesting enough they were place minutes apart but there was 13,000 difference in the res #). Anyway, after consulting with others on this forum I was assured that my OG res from 2020 was still valid and there was no need to place a new order. So I canceled the two new ones.

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I did the same thing and placed 2 additional orders on the 30th, one RE(Interesting enough they were place minutes apart but there was 13,000 difference in the res #). Anyway, after consulting with others on this forum I was assured that my OG res from 2020 was still valid and there was no need to place a new order. So I canceled the two new ones.
I did exactly the same thing and would love to get my $500 back but I need more confidence than people here (no offense to any of you). I would need to see it on the order page or some boilerplate mail sent out from Tesla to all reservation holders.

Tiberius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Chief cook and bottlewasher
Country flag
Nothing changed, your initial reservation is still in your Tesla account

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
On Thursday I, and others, saw the new specs and pricing come up for the Cybertruck on the Tesla order page. Nothing was said there, or since, about our existing reservation numbers. In a panic I put in another order, wanting to make certain that I would still have a choice and some kind of position in some kind of queue. The question I have for anyone out there is this: do we KNOW whether our original reservations are still valid and that they place us in the queue ahead of the new reservations? Inquiring mind wants to know...
Still good for sure.

Got the you're in the Cybertruck queue here's 1k to order a different car email

OP
OP
Jhodgesatmb

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Still good for sure.

Got the you're in the Cybertruck queue here's 1k to order a different car email
Oh, so you didn't make another reservation and you got that email? Great. I now have 3 reservations and only got the one email so it wasn't clear. Thanks!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Oh, so you didn't make another reservation and you got that email? Great. I now have 3 reservations and only got the one email so it wasn't clear. Thanks!
Exactly.
Np np

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Those of us who originally ordered a tri motor and now want to buy the dual should get priority. That's one less motor out of their inventory they can pass on to someone else.

OhmsLolEnforcement

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model Y, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Those of us who originally ordered a tri motor and now want to buy the dual should get priority. That's one less motor out of their inventory they can pass on to someone else.
How about a more equitable arrangement where it's all based on sequence and not what you selected 4 years ago for different specs and a different price?

Mind you, this is coming from a very early reservation holder that still wants what they originally specified. One could make a case that those that are still committed should be a priority over configuration-changers, but I don't feel that way.

The cynic in me thinks these reservations are nothing more than a sly form of market research. Tesla doesn't care about the $100 or $250, even if there's 2 million of them. It's how they take their market's temperature and little more. The only guarantee is that we can get our money back.

I'm in the low 1000s for a dual motor and a current Tesla owner, in one of the cities with a display model, but not CA or TX. If I'm in the first 100k deliveries, I'll be grateful.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
How about a more equitable arrangement where it's all based on sequence and not what you selected 4 years ago for different specs and a different price?

Mind you, this is coming from a very early reservation holder that still wants what they originally specified. One could make a case that those that are still committed should be a priority over configuration-changers, but I don't feel that way.

The cynic in me thinks these reservations are nothing more than a sly form of market research. Tesla doesn't care about the $100 or $250, even if there's 2 million of them. It's how they take their market's temperature and little more. The only guarantee is that we can get our money back.

I'm in the low 1000s for a dual motor and a current Tesla owner, in one of the cities with a display model, but not CA or TX. If I'm in the first 100k deliveries, I'll be grateful.
I was making a bad joke. But yes, ideally they'd follow the queue, but who knows what they'll do.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
What is the reservation number that you were given? Im curious to see if there’s a difference pre and post delivery event.

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
What is the reservation number that you were given? Im curious to see if there’s a difference pre and post delivery event.
Pretty much the same but instead of starting with "112", the new one started with "120".