What happened to our [old] reservation numbers in this new world of AWD and Beast?

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
Other than the location of the customer, the original trim and config play a role as well, in call sequence. Confirmed with the sales at Santana Row.

Kaz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q8
Country flag
I was confused as well , so I don’t have to drop the $250 to order since I am already in the system with my $100 deposit? Unsure if I will follow through since the range isn’t close to as originally advertised but don’t wanna lose my spot in line

Dman_CT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Transit
Country flag
I logged in and confirmed that my $100 reservation was still in effect. Then that was essentially confirmed by the email offering $1000 off any new Tesla except the CT. And this evening I got a text message with the same offer. Interestingly, other than confirming my reservation back in 2020, that was the first communication I’ve had from Tesla. At least they don’t spam me …

AZCYBER

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model S
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I was unsure as well, so I placed another order. The new order page said "available in 2024." That actually didn't make much sense, since there are 1-2 million preorders. In the meantime Tesla makes 5% (money market rate) on our deposits.

WormtownKris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2013 F150
Occupation
Outside Sales
Country flag
I was unsure as well, so I placed another order. The new order page said "available in 2024." That actually didn't make much sense, since there are 1-2 million preorders. In the meantime Tesla makes 5% (money market rate) on our deposits.
I believe that simply means, "this version WILL be available in 2024, (but not necessarily to you)."

Cactusrick

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
On Thursday I, and others, saw the new specs and pricing come up for the Cybertruck on the Tesla order page. Nothing was said there, or since, about our existing reservation numbers. In a panic I put in another order, wanting to make certain that I would still have a choice and some kind of position in some kind of queue. The question I have for anyone out there is this: do we KNOW whether our original reservations are still valid and that they place us in the queue ahead of the new reservations? Inquiring mind wants to know...
I received an email saying "
Cybertruck is Here​
And your reservation is in the queue. While you await delivery of your Cybertruck, get $1,000 off the lease or purchase price of a new Tesla.* Place your new order by December 31, 2023, to qualify"
My reservation placed 5/20/2020 is about 500,000 out =/- for the Tri Motor...​

Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
What is the reservation number that you were given? Im curious to see if there’s a difference pre and post delivery event.
Which number are you asking for. The old one or the one I received a few days ago.

CEB12

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 Thunderbird, 2006 F250 King Ranch 2011 Fusion
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I thought it was interesting that CT orders on the website have a delivery date in 2024, except for the single RWD which will make in 2025. Having a million preorder in the queue -- that make you wonder if these dates are possible, assuming that the preorders should receive consideration

Bigfishcarlson

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla roadster, Yukon Ltd, Subaru, Carrera C-4
Occupation
Orthopedic surgeon
Country flag
At that rate of production, even with two shifts I’m over nine years away. Guess I better stick with a standard SUV.
Sponsored