carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
Its fair to say there are many rumors going around especially some from unreliable sources. Lets mention what we 100% know so far about the Cybertruck.

this is for the first trucks being produced.

1. production will start with 4 motor variant.
2. we can expect production either in 2022 or 2023. no chance this gets delayed until 2024. i will cry. :cry:
3. it will have ATLEAST 350+ mile range
4. it will do 0-60 somewhere between 2 and 4 seconds
5. price at the very minimum will be $69k but we can all agree this will definitely be higher.
6. yoke steering wheel
7. will seat 6
8. 4680 battery cells
9. it will break necks everywhere you go

these are all the ones i can think of. feel free to throw the ones i missed in. everyone on this forum can agree that these items listed are 100% confirmed
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You are commingling multiple products here.

I seriously doubt the dual motor will get dropped. So:

Common Specs:
  • 3500 pounds cargo capacity,
  • Seats 6
  • Stainless
  • Yoke
  • Vanishing Vault Cover
  • 4680 cells/ structural battery
  • 350 kW charging
  • 4 wheel steering
  • etc
Dual:
  • 300+ Mile range
  • ~4.5 second 0-60
  • Price will be at least $49k
  • Possibly a lower range version if single motor config gets dropped??
Quad:
  • 500 Mile range
  • ~2.9 second 0-60 (Maybe better??)
  • Price will be at least $69k
  • 14,000 pounds towing
Plaid
  • 400+ Mile range unknown
  • ~WTF!!! second 0-60
  • Price will be $$WTF
I seriously doubt they will launch with no 500 mile range version.

My hope is if they do increase prices, they increase specs enough so it won’t be such a bitter pill. So perhaps a $50k dual motor with a 250 mile range for the base, a $65k dual motor with a 420 mile range, and a $79k quad motor with a 560 mile range.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Its fair to say there are many rumors going around especially some from unreliable sources. Lets mention what we 100% know so far about the Cybertruck.

this is for the first trucks being produced.

1. production will start with 4 motor variant.
2. we can expect production either in 2022 or 2023. no chance this gets delayed until 2024. i will cry. :cry:
3. it will have ATLEAST 350+ mile range
4. it will do 0-60 somewhere between 2 and 4 seconds
5. price at the very minimum will be $69k but we can all agree this will definitely be higher.
6. yoke steering wheel
7. will seat 6
8. 4680 battery cells
9. it will break necks everywhere you go

these are all the ones i can think of. feel free to throw the ones i missed in. everyone on this forum can agree that these items listed are 100% confirmed
If you mean by 'we' you then maybe there is agreement on all of these, but I definitely do not agree with $5. Unless Elon/Tesla say otherwise, the price of the tri-motor is still the one I was quoted, at $69,900. So this 'definitely' eliminates agreement.

That disagreement voiced, I no longer know if we know anything about the cybertruck at the 100% level. It will probaby have 4 wheels :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
That disagreement voiced, I no longer know if we know anything about the cybertruck at the 100% level. It will probaby have 4 wheels :)
Yeah… at some point in the past 6 months or so, it feels like Tesla tossed out their previous playbook and got a new one and didn’t bother telling those of us who bought into the original vision.

I’m willing to see this through, but feel like a little clarity is overdue. Not just on timelines, but on offering & pricing since that seems to be in play as well.

Also.. I know I’m a lot less frustrated than some folks are.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Yeah… at some point in the past 6 months or so, it feels like Tesla tossed out their previous playbook and got a new one and didn’t bother telling those of us who bought into the original vision.

I’m willing to see this through, but feel like a little clarity is overdue. Not just on timelines, but on offering & pricing since that seems to be in play as well.

Also.. I know I’m a lot less frustrated than some folks are.
Agreed. I was really pissed after the quad announcement. I'm relatively phlegmatic about it overall now, but as a long time supporter, believer etc. it sucked to have the rug pulled out... at least, it seems like that's what they were doing. Now I'm a big boy and understand Tesla owes me nothing (well $100) but it's a two way street and I can take my money elsewhere. We still don't know what is going to happen, perhaps they will surprise us by making the quad not too much of a jump over the tri, in which case I'll likely bite. But still, to announce it without clarification was shit... he should have waited until he could disclose pricing, timing etc. Not everyone is a billionaire running a rocket and auto company, these changes have a significant impact on our plans.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Agreed. I was really pissed after the quad announcement. I'm relatively phlegmatic about it overall now, but as a long time supporter, believer etc. it sucked to have the rug pulled out... at least, it seems like that's what they were doing. Now I'm a big boy and understand Tesla owes me nothing (well $100) but it's a two way street and I can take my money elsewhere. We still don't know what is going to happen, perhaps they will surprise us by making the quad not too much of a jump over the tri, in which case I'll likely bite. But still, to announce it without clarification was shit... he should have waited until he could disclose pricing, timing etc. Not everyone is a billionaire running a rocket and auto company, these changes have a significant impact on our plans.
Mentioned it above, but my hope is if prices do go up they increase specs in some way to make it worthwhile.

I still feel that Tesla is committed to making the Cybertruck the affordable electric replacement to ICE pickups. Prices starting at $65k stretches that to the limit of “affordable”.

Hopefully TSLA makes up for the shortcomings of Tesla. If we are hovering around $1300 a share by the time we place our orders, I might just figure out how to swing a Plaid.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Mentioned it above, but my hope is if prices do go up they increase specs in some way to make it worthwhile.

I still feel that Tesla is committed to making the Cybertruck the affordable electric replacement to ICE pickups. Prices starting at $65k stretches that to the limit of “affordable”.

Hopefully TSLA makes up for the shortcomings of Tesla. If we are hovering around $1300 a share by the time we place our orders, I might just figure out how to swing a Plaid.
I struggle with the idea of spending $100K on a vehicle, that's a rental property. It doesn't matter how many features it has.

I too will benefit from the appreciation of TSLA and I'm continually investing more, so perhaps it would assist in the purchase but still... The Model Y I just ordered for myself I can live with the cost because it's roughly equivalent to spending $45K on a gas car in my circumstances. I'm a car guy so any gas car I bought is going to cost that much at least. $100K though... just hard to justify... If I had bought TSLA when I should have about 5 years ago then sure... I'd be buying a Roaster 2 as well. LOL

The hubby and I have been tossing up a Model X or Model Y for him to replace his Model 3 now that his lease is expiring. The next one will be financed, not leased. For the price of an X we can get a LR Model Y and a Corvette for a fun weekend car (we both lust after it). Okay, it's not very environmentally responsible but it would be for the weekend and we could buy carbon offsets.... anyway, we likely wouldn't buy the weekend car, but the difference between a Y and an X is the mortgage on a cheap rental property. It's pretty hard to justify.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If I had bought TSLA when I should have about 5 years ago then sure... I'd be buying a Roaster 2 as well. LOL
I’ll go one worse….

I bought TSLA 3 years ago… then sold it. Bought back in not enough more recently.

I should have known to invest more in Musk.

For the price of an X we can get a LR Model Y and a Corvette for a fun weekend car (we both lust after it).
Model Y performance is kind of crazy close to Corvette performance. It should be stupid fun then you can enjoy nearly the performance of the ‘vette, save some money, and be more environmentally conscious.

….

But I can definitely understand the appeal of the Corvette. Maybe an older/ collectible one.

Also, I have a lot of issues with spending $100k on a car too. That’s a year of more of working. That’s why it’s a stretch goal based on TSLA performance.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
For the price of an X we can get a LR Model Y and a Corvette for a fun weekend car (we both lust after it).
Corvette / Model Y in the same garage? The necessity can actually be questioned!

I know... I know... a Model Y doesn't replace a Vette. But the diminishing return is real.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Corvette / Model Y in the same garage? The necessity can actually be questioned!

I know... I know... a Model Y doesn't replace a Vette. But the diminishing return is real.
It’s funny, Edmunds often pans the Model Y even as they race it against everything under the sun.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The only thing we are 100% sure of is that we are NOT 100% sure of anything.
the other thing we can be 100% sure of is that Tesla is slower than a herd of turtles in a gallon of peanut butter when it comes to communicating with customers
Sponsored