Why are you buying the Foundation Series model? Help me understand.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
My view on the cost differential in between foundation and non foundation.

Cyberbeast is worth it.

AWD is probably not worth it unless you have to have one of the first by a quarter…

Tesla Cybertruck Why are you buying the Foundation Series model?  Help me understand. IMG_5994

Tesla Cybertruck Why are you buying the Foundation Series model?  Help me understand. IMG_5992
Sponsored

Arctic_White

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid; CT on order
Country flag
Some people wanted the included stuff anyway.

Some other people are happy to have the included stuff anyway, to possibly** get it sooner.

Some other people make $120K/mo, so why not.

**im increasingly feeling awkward for people who ordered a Foundation Cyberbeast based on thinking they will be getting a Cybertruck earlier than most others. A Cyberbeast earlier, sure. But there will be many people getting Cybertrucks before the last of the Foundation Cyberbeasts are delivered.
Well said.

Cybertruck is also likely to be one of the safest vehicles on earth. I place a heavy emphasis on safety so for that reason alone, I'd be willing to pay the additional $20K to get it sooner.

Adrenalinwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck, Founders Roadster 2
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Country flag
What does the Foundation version offer that is worth an extra 20-30 K except a shorter delivery time. From a business standpoint, its genius. But from a consumer point It doesnt seem so great.
Full disclosure, I was planning to buy the 2 motor version. It’s out of my price range now. I still think the Cybertruck is awesome and hope to get one in the future.
Pretty simple for me (unbiased and unpaid by Tesla shorts and trolls) - $15K for FSD when it's released and $5K for Power Home Sharing. Everything else that comes along with the Foundation purchase is just topping on the Cyber sundae. Don't know where the extra $30K came from but okay.

Adrenalinwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Country flag
My view on the cost differential in between foundation and non foundation.

Cyberbeast is worth it.

AWD is probably not worth it unless you have to have one of the first by a quarter…

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg
Have you checked what FSD costs for the Model X and Model S is lately? Also check the cost of the Ford "Intelligent Back Up" system for the F150 lightning.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Pretty simple for me (unbiased and unpaid by Tesla shorts and trolls) - $15K for FSD when it's released and $5K for Power Home Sharing. Everything else that comes along with the Foundation purchase is just topping on the Cyber sundae. Don't know where the extra $30K came from but okay.
30K comes from:

20,000 FS markup
Sales tax on that extra 20k (for me it would be $1350, for other's it's higher)
Loss of $7500 tax credit

totals $28850.

I'm buying FS myself, just pointing out where that number comes from.

Adrenalinwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Country flag
30K comes from:

20,000 FS markup
Sales tax on that extra 20k (for me it would be $1350, for other's it's higher)
Loss of $7500 tax credit

totals $28850.

I'm buying FS myself, just pointing out where that number comes from.
Ah...got it. Did you know you can donate up to $5000 worth of stuff to any 501c3 each month for a full write off? This car also qualifies for the section 179 accelerated or bonus depreciation. Just my 2 cents.

Cyberer

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, Multiple Classics
Occupation
Cars
Country flag
No spreadsheet can justify buying the CT Foundation Series (or ANY new car, for that matter).

The closest I will come to any real justification will be the 10-yer-old kid next to me at a stop light with his wide-eyed face plastered against the window. :)

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
The short answer is, "Cause I can."

The long answer, I am over 65 and while I am by no stretch "rich", my much younger bride is still working and with our combined incomes we won't qualify for the IRS tax rebate. Not getting any younger, I would rather have more time to enjoy the vehicle, than not. I figure that is money well spent. The CT could well be my last new vehicle purchase.

Now, if Tesla will just contact me.....

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The short answer is, "Cause I can."

The long answer, I am over 65 and while I am by no stretch "rich", my much younger bride is still working and with our combined incomes we won't qualify for the IRS tax rebate. Not getting any younger, I would rather have more time to enjoy the vehicle, than not. I figure that is money well spent. The CT could well be my last new vehicle purchase.

Now, if Tesla will just contact me.....
That is me 100%. I will order whichever Tesla gives me an invitation to order but I WISH they would just let me get about it already.

SlippingSurlies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model 3 RWD
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I am active duty military in Delaware, where they waive the 4.25% document fee for military and there is no sales tax. I figure I will likely save a decent amount on taxes and registration compared to wherever I end up moving next (model 3 was $80 total for taxes and registration here). I likely move around the end of the year so hopefully my 1/17 foundation series order gets delivered not too much later than the April prediction.
Sponsored