Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

Will the CyberTruck be your First Tesla and/or Electric Vehicle?

• Total voters

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
For me It’s a first for both,
what sold me was the style of the Cybertruck it looks cool as shit. Then you have a good distance of travel with a single charge. Sports car performance in a pickup package and will be A formidable Off road vehicle. it will be a fourth vehicle for me I’m not ready to give up my gas powered pickup and SUV’s yet until battery distance is greater. As Elon says Tesla is not just a vehicle it’s fun. I will use it for some work but it’s going to mold my decision for the future for me and electric vehicles, but it will primarily be a toy for me. FUN
Sponsored

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
For those that haven’t driven a Tesla, or don’t own one yet, you’re in for a treat.
I’ve enjoyed my year and a half with my Model 3, and cant imagine going back to an ICE vehicle.

Cybertruck will replace the 3, and give our growing family more space inside. We are also looking at the possibility for a camper or other towable. Can not wait to stretch out and sit higher in the truck, although I do love the sporty stance of the 3.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have a hybrid SUV (my 2nd) and my wife has a Model 3. I was waiting for an electric SUV with mileage over 400 miles per charge that could have roof racks. I love the Model X but the falcon wing doors preclude a roof rack. When the Cybertruck was announced it was even more functional than what I was looking for. I just wish it was already available.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Prius, KTM Super Duke
Occupation
retired
Country flag
First time EV owner. Presently drive a Prius so no fear of the future here ... hesitated til now because of the availability of charging stations and limited range. Getting the CT3 for it's range not the incredible 0 to 60 numbers. CT will replace a seldom used low mile Tundra and the Prius.

OP
OP
Regenshire

Regenshire

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 RWD LR, Model Y Perf, CyberTruck AWD Order
Occupation
IT
Country flag
For those that haven’t driven a Tesla, or don’t own one yet, you’re in for a treat.
I’ve enjoyed my year and a half with my Model 3, and cant imagine going back to an ICE vehicle.

Cybertruck will replace the 3, and give our growing family more space inside. We are also looking at the possibility for a camper or other towable. Can not wait to stretch out and sit higher in the truck, although I do love the sporty stance of the 3.
The Model 3 is my first Tesla as well, coming on 2 years of ownership next month. I feel the same about not going back to an ICE vehicle, there are just so many improvements. I too am looking forward to sitting higher and being able to haul stuff.

OB-ONE

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT, ordered: 5-AWD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This will be my first EV and first Tesla. I have ordered 3 so far. The first one on the 3rd day after the showing, the second one in Dec. and the third one in April. I'm retired, 73 yr old and have been following Elon's progress since 2018. Bought stock back in Sep'2019 and very happy with todays value. I was in the auto industry for over 20 years as a GSM for BMW and also Audi. Elon will change the auto industry completely for the better and it is about time.

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
I'm on a Leaf lease as part of a Cybertruck savings plan. Love the ninja silence.
Bestfriend has a Model 3. Very nice.

Most excited about EV maneuverability/turning radius on a truck sized platform.

Most excited about Tesla specific supercharger network. I need Atascadero.
Also, Tesla specific Exoskeleton architecture. And possible Starlink connectivity. Love XM

Tri Motor and Dual Motor on order. Positions 4k and 25k

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I used to have a pickup when I moved around in college and right after. I couldn't justify the cost of operation after settling down but have missed the utility. I have waited many years for an electric vehicle that drives itself and the moment I saw the cybertruck I knew it was what I was waiting for. All the details we have been gathering since November just adds to my liking the decision. I am planning on it to be the last vehicle I have to buy.

Deleted member 3884

I plan on getting the Cyber truck. I probably will not get one right away but when I do get one. My first EV, my first Tesla, my first truck and hopefully a vehicle I drive a long long time.

Irv

First Name
Irv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13, 15, 17 Volt; 05 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Diesel ; 63, 69 Corvette; 65 427 Ace Shelby Cobra Replica
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Reading through the forum, I notice a lot of comments that suggest some posters are not familiar with many of the features of existing Tesla models. This made me curious as to how many of you future CyberTruck owners that this will be your First Tesla or EV.

So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla?

What are the EV specific features that most excite you?

What are the Tesla specific features that most excite you?
First post here.

This will not be my first EV, I current drive a 2017 Chevy Volt but, I have had two previously, all leased. However, before that I owned a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Diesel. I really loved owning/driving the truck but, it was costing me a bunch to drive it and the reasons I had for buying it (I had remodeled my home) no longer existed. I had always planned on running the truck on Bio-diesel but that would have been more of an undertaking that I saw reason to get involved with at the time in view of the EVs like the Tesla's and other manufactures. At the time I vowed I would probably not own another truck until I could buy an electric truck.

I of course now have a Cybertruck on order. If the Cybertruck would not have been announced I would have probably bought a Model 3 or Model Y. Though the Volt is a great car, anyone that says GM can't build cars has not driven one in the last 5-10 years. However, GM is SOOOO confused when it comes to electric! They almost get it and, if they did Tesla would at least have more to compete with but, that's really another story.

What I'm really saying here is, to me it would not have mattered, I was going to go to Tesla for so many reasons but, probably the largest was the range and the Supercharger Network.

rugbymaycry

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
network security engineer
Country flag
Reading through the forum, I notice a lot of comments that suggest some posters are not familiar with many of the features of existing Tesla models. This made me curious as to how many of you future CyberTruck owners that this will be your First Tesla or EV.

So, will this be your first foray into Electric Vehicles? Your First Tesla? If you have not owned a Tesla, have you ever tried a Tesla?

This will be my first tesla & first truck, but my everyday car is my 2015 eGolf. I love it since it drives just like my Golf R but is much more efficient and i get to charge for free at work.
I got to ride in an X for a conference shuttle when I was in Baltimore and that solidified my love for teslas. Superior comfort, handling and driving features. One of the coolest driving features when I rode in it was the cockpit view of the vehicles around you.
I ordered the 77 cybertruck (tri with autonomous upgrade) and i know it will be fun to drive (I like driving for fun, not the biggest fan of driving in general) but I am definitely looking forward to full autonomy.

Woodworker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
TxDOT Highway Contractor
Country flag
I have never owned or have ridden in a electric vehicle. I do not even know anyone that has one. I have been in the market for HD Diesel Trucks looking at all makes and models. And as I am chocking on an average price tag of $78,000.00 for what I need the very next thing that keeps me from signing that papers for one is; What am I going to have to repair first on this new truck, and how much is it going to cost me? When I went back to the Cyber Truck all I could think of was, No Engine repairs, no transmission repairs, no brakes, no fluids, no nasty and expensive oil changes. HELL YES, sign me up! All my anxieties about truck shopping went right out the window. I cannot wait to take delivery of my new Cyber Truck. It is the wave of the future. I wish my farm tractor was a Tesla too!

5UBV3T

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MY Dual Motor, CT Dual Motor preordered
Occupation
Test Engineer
Country flag

the CT will be my first EV!

I've been interested in Teslas for a few years now, but really only in the last year or two have I looked into them with any detail. I was convinced that electricity would cost me more than gasoline until I watched some youtube videos that do the math. I was a bit embarrassed to find out how wrong I was!

I think my favorite EV features are the ability to "fuel up" at home and the instant torque!

My favorite Tesla specific features are FSD and the company's focus on the experience rather than the vehicle (FSD, sound system, comfort, easter eggs and modes, etc.). It just seems like they want it to be the best / smartest / most fun / most relaxing way to get from A to B in a vehicle.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Never owned a Tesla but have owned an EV before ordering Cybertruck.

Cybertruck design most excites second only to its stump-pulling motor torque.

TBH electric vehicle I expect to have its share of problems. It is an alpha concept on beta release. No inconvenience can dampen my enthusiasm for AUTOPILOT in the Cybertruck. By 2021 Tesla should have tractor trailers mapped into the AI to recognize one pulling sideways across the roadway.

FSD is obvious aspirational. Tri-motor is not and definitely excited to enjoy having that power under my Right big toe. Hoping and praying its gear reduction motors are crawl-specific for rock.

Baja sounds inspirational. We all must wait to see just " how" serious Tesla takes its competitive campaign in the desert pucker brush. CT wins a 500 or places in the 1000, Elon has an upgrade to Tesla's Baja suspension option on top of my CT order.

At the end of the day, placing the CT order was a relief from petro-economy monopoly and should be seen as the vote for alternative energy future that it was intended to signal.
Sponsored