With Overseas reservations being refunded, how will that affect your place in line?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Well the CT order page is gone in Australia but no refund yet. One car magazine thought Australia had placed a Billion dollars of CT pre-oorders... that means every second person here in this country has ordered a Cybertruck! I think they'll be moving CT production all the way down under now.

Sorry guys, my stupid mouse button keeps getting stuck on the darn order page... 🤪
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My order has not been cancelled in Australia.
And the news reports all have the same recycled and unsubstantiated "But it's too pointy for the road rules" comments which I have never seen backed up by anything.
Starting to sound like the refund/ cancellation thing is just a one off or outright fake.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Well the CT order page is gone in Australia but no refund yet. One car magazine thought Australia had placed a Billion dollars of CT pre-oorders... that means every second person here in this country has ordered a Cybertruck! I think they'll be moving CT production all the way down under now.

Sorry guys, my stupid mouse button keeps getting stuck on the darn order page... 🤪
Actually...US$70,000 = AU$100,000

* 25,000 orders

---------------
AU 2.5 Billion

Not every order is for Tri, and we may have twice as many on order.
2.5 Bill , might be on the money.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Actually...US$70,000 = AU$100,000

* 25,000 orders

---------------
AU 2.5 Billion

Not every order is for Tri, and we may have twice as many on order.
2.5 Bill , might be on the money.
The car magazine actually wrote that, saying the billion in $150 deposits would have to be refunded. They also wrote that would mean half of all Aussies would have to of made a pre-order to reach that number. But they definitely meant the deposits, not the whole value.

Either way its obviously bogus. But makes a good story

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
aahhhh

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I haven't verified it yet, but it looks like Tesla is cancelling and refunding overseas reservations. That should move us all up the list a little. Whoever controls the list, can you make that adjustment so we can get a feel to where we will be in the list now?

***THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED***
It was reported but there wasn't any proof that Tesla is actually doing this. It was credible enough that it was presented on a Youtube channel I trust but he did not say it was confirmed.
Well, I will accept being moved up the reservation line, but only begrudgingly. 🥳

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I read all 5 digit reservation numbers are missing an extra zero at the end and will have the zero added at the end for greater line position clarity.

6 digit reservations and above are not affected.

(Just as credible)

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I read all 5 digit reservation numbers are missing an extra zero at the end and will have the zero added at the end for greatly line position clarity.

6 digit reservations and above are not affected.

(Just as credible)
Did a little maths. After eliminating all overseas reservations plus Canada and Mexico (sorry @firstruck but exports will probably happen later), then adding in a factor for cancellations, deaths, and financial hardship, I’m pretty sure I now have a 4 digit number. @Crissa is now a negative reservation number.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Did you also account for Aussies that made US CT reservations like me? My first one is US not AU. :cool:
I'm around the 50k mark so I am still hopeful for one in time for a summer holiday in the US next year.

It's hard to know which order the international orders are in. Some could be before you and some after.

Has anyone officially confirmed orders are being refunded, or is there just no CT order option anymore?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Has anyone officially confirmed orders are being refunded, or is there just no CT order option anymore?
As far as I can tell there is exactly one Reddit post about someone getting their order cancelled and that’s it. Maybe someone trying to trick people to cancel their orders.

I’m pretty sure we’d have heard more if it was widespread.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I don't think cancelling the orders is a good idea for any reason.

Much better to throttle expectations and tell people it can take a while. If it's too long for them, they can pull the plug themselves and get their money back. That way it's their own choice, and not Tesla forcing them too.

But closing the order books was previously warned by EM in a few interviews recently. I was sort of wondering if I should get more...but 5 is, well, enough for me atm. :)

I'm also not sure how long it might take to get them if I ordered now. I expect there is probably a bunch of bulk orders on the later reservations, from resellers trying to jump the line. I'm fairly sure they will just get one CT place in the line, with the rest shuffled to the end. Hence ordering one for each family member...which is probably where they will go anyway.

Jectos

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Corporate Compliance Manager
Country flag
No way! I am getting a little bit nervous about our (American) orders.
Could it be just a beginning of the Cybertruck end?
I hope no, because i drive my prius more than 2 years already waiting for my cybertruck. Otherwise, I would already buy a 2022 GMC Yukon fully loaded; it looks like it costs the same as CT3 is.
I don't think it makes good business sense to give up on a vehicle with 1.4 million reservations.

nmeabrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Director
Country flag
I haven't verified it yet, but it looks like Tesla is cancelling and refunding overseas reservations. That should move us all up the list a little. Whoever controls the list, can you make that adjustment so we can get a feel to where we will be in the list now?

***THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED***
It was reported but there wasn't any proof that Tesla is actually doing this. It was credible enough that it was presented on a Youtube channel I trust but he did not say it was confirmed.
I am in Australia and i haven't had an email or been contacted about my order being cancelled
Sponsored