Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck alpha prototype carrying off-road tires in bed1.jpg

Hadn’t thought about this until now, but looking at the image makes me realize you cannot have a tire standing up on the side of the vault and close the cover. You’d have to lay it flat which kind of sucks because it would take up a ton of space.

It would be awesome if the area in front of the hitch mount would accommodate a spare. Not holding my breath.
You can put two in the back seats and one in the front passenger’s seat. The dog and the wife will have to ride in the bed. Only one of them will appreciate that. 😬

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
So I am pretty sure my F-150 Lightning can fit 12 lawn mower tires standing up like those in the Cybertruck pic.

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 1675535985504

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Four wheel independant air suspension means you won’t need a jack! 😀
If Cybertruck has fully-independent dynamic adjustable 4-wheel suspension.
Yes, it might be possible without a jack.
Might be possible without a jacking/ratcheting/scissor type jack. Might need a couple pieces of wood or a large rock as safety support while working.

If no spare tire immediately available might be able to drive with only 3-wheels.
Even slalom racing while only on 3-wheels !!!

Besides suspension another key requirement is the vehicle's balance.

Here are some fully-independent dynamic adjustable 4-wheel suspensions examples.

-------------------------------------------------

Wheel change without a jack! Citroen C5 Hydractive III+ suspension
SoulTrain
Mar 27, 2017

-------

Citroen C5, travels with 3 wheels. Citroen C5, 3 Tekerle Gidiyor.
U Sener
Jun 21, 2020

-------

Citroen DS Drives On 3 Wheels
Hamad Hamdan
Sep 6, 2016

-------

Can it drive on three wheels?! And other Citroen DS Party Tricks
HubNut
Apr 15, 2020

-------

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If we get stuck in sand, we could raise the CT to full height and then retract a wheel?

No digging? just put something under, or possible infill and steer out.

or otherwise, just crab walk out.

Amazing !!

Actually, just thought after posting, with air suspension, it could probably just bounce out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If we get stuck in sand, we could raise the CT to full height and then retract a wheel?

No digging? just put something under, or possible infill and steer out.

or otherwise, just crab walk out.

Amazing !!

Actually, just thought after posting, with air suspension, it could probably just bounce out.
Not sure if you could lift them individually but maybe lower it all the way down until it’s high centered. The wheels should pull up a bit, likely the sand will cave in.

Mudduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ct3
Country flag

Hadn’t thought about this until now, but looking at the image makes me realize you cannot have a tire standing up on the side of the vault and close the cover. You’d have to lay it flat which kind of sucks because it would take up a ton of space.

It would be awesome if the area in front of the hitch mount would accommodate a spare. Not holding my breath.
A simple, swing away, receiver hitch mounted spare tire is on my mind. Common in the off-road community and it still allows you to be able to tow a trailer AND open the tail-gate.

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 1675582039549

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 1676142488833

Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 1675582039549
Tesla Cybertruck How many tires fit in Cybertruck bed? 8 according to new sighting photos (2/3/23)! 🛞 1676142488833

Last edited:

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I must say, the cybertruck on street tires looks kinda lame
Looks like the 3rd different tread pattern. The original had Goodyear MT’s with Kevlar, the tires in the back have been on recent sightings including the rodeo in Austin. They look like Goodyear Territory AT tires, which are becoming industry standard. The Hummer EV, Ram TRX, Silverado ZR2, Bronco with factory 35’s etc all are running that tire. This one has General grabbers on it, more of a Highway tire. If I had to guess they’ll sell them with street tires to stretch the EPA range, and the all terrains will be part of an off road package that costs extra and lowers range.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
This pic explains the saggy diaper box on the other truck, it’s an aero hitch cover.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

You can't be sure from this photo. There's no way to tell if those tires are as far forward as they can go. All the recent photos show the tonneau not fully open, so there may be a few more inches forward they can go to fit under the cover. 🤷🏽

The other confounder is that those may be the extreme largest tire that could fit on the CyberTruck. With a 6.5' bed, those tires could be 39"s. If you off-roaded with measly 37"s, they might fit fully covered. 😃

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You can't be sure from this photo. There's no way to tell if those tires are as far forward as they can go. All the recent photos show the tonneau not fully open, so there may be a few more inches forward they can go to fit under the cover. 🤷🏽

The other confounder is that those may be the extreme largest tire that could fit on the CyberTruck. With a 6.5' bed, those tires could be 39"s. If you off-roaded with measly 37"s, they might fit fully covered. 😃
I think the peak of the vault is less than 36” and this would be 24” aft of the peak so I doubt it fits.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I wonder if they closed the tonneau enough to keep the load tighter.

Would the tonneau be strong enough for such use?