Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
aftermarket instrument cluster? how the heck would that work? i have a model x now and dont want to downgrade. it's nice having more screens.
There are TONS of after market options for the 3 and Y. Seriously. You don’t need it. I have driven my 3 for 5years now and NEVER missed it.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
There are TONS of after market options for the 3 and Y. Seriously. You don’t need it. I have driven my 3 for 5years now and NEVER missed it.
Same. I had the aftermarket option in my cart, never jumped on it. I went in assuming I'd miss a few things, like that, and never have. People are way too caught up in nostalgia.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
It'll depend on the battery size and the frontal area of the trailer. The typical 7k cargo trailer will knock range down to about 370 at 55mph, IIRC from the calculations I did. Physics for the win!

Jimf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Y awd lr "Curiosity", 2018 3 awd lr "sunrun"
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
looks like front underbelly cutouts to mount front accessories like winch mount or snow plow... :)

Doesn't look like any easy way to open a passage from the back seat through to the bed.
That is a bummer. :poop::poop::poop:
Maybe the top secret accessory team will create a kit....
Anybody have a contact there?
It would be a HUGE benefiit to campers to be able to use and move between the cabin and the bed with a foldup or popup camper setup, or just a sleeping bag!. I have a Space Camper reserved... Awesome fit and versatility, easy on/off, expands bed volume too.

Jimf

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Y awd lr "Curiosity", 2018 3 awd lr "sunrun"
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
front center console removable? access from front to rear while on long trips....
hope so.

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
Doesn't look like any easy way to open a passage from the back seat through to the bed.
access from front to rear while on long trips....
hope so.

I just watched his video and was reading through the YT comments he was answering and if there is one thing he is answering as 100%, it is that there will be no pass through or mid gate access/opening.

I am with many who have said they’ll just wait for official details from Tesla before jumping on the pleased or upset bandwagon. Of everything he talked about in the video, I’m most interested in hearing what the range will be on the ’top trim’. I expected to pay up for a tri or quad motor, whatever it ends up being, but paying up also had the expectation of ~500 miles range. If they put in a smaller sized pack to save money/weight and it comes in at 400 miles range…. I’ll have to wait and see.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I just watched his video and was reading through the YT comments he was answering and if there is one thing he is answering as 100%, it is that there will be no pass through or mid gate access/opening.

I am with many who have said they’ll just wait for official details from Tesla before jumping on the pleased or upset bandwagon. Of everything he talked about in the video, I’m most interested in hearing what the range will be on the ’top trim’. I expected to pay up for a tri or quad, whatever it ends up being, but paying up also meant ~500 miles range. If they put in a smaller sized pack to save money/weight and it comes in at 400 miles range, I’ll have decisions to make.
I think I would be okay with paying announcement price for 400 mile range. If the other option is pay more for 500 miles. (all depends of course)

TrukinCyberB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
They moved the charge port in the previous prototypes so this change has been around for a little while and is likely sticking around.

The v4 chargers actually do have a longer charge cable.

Cybertrucks are likely going to be a little frustrating at normal Superchargers. We might end blocking multiple stalls the with the F150 and Rivian owners do.
Tesla is generally pretty thoughtful about this type of stuff I'm sure they have will have worked the solution into the final design to account for all chargers in their charging network esp if they are opening up chargers to so many more EVs in the coming months / years. They won't want chargers being double parked esp not by 1M newly ordered CTs 😂

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Likely a cover for the hitch.
Yea.

Very likely juts work in progress with exposed wiring. Covered to make it look neat on investor day.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
16839[/ATTACH]

Munro Live actually visited the factory where these bedliners are reported to have been made.

Did they have insider knowledge and get the scoop on other YTers? Was it just deductive reasoning and they took the opportunity to boldly go where no others had gone before? Regardless, I found it interesting.

This is a global company with offices in MI, China, Germany, Mexico and many others. Hmm.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Munro Live actually visited the factory where these bedliners are reported to have been made.
mess an interesting watch, thanks

having watched, I’d be a bit surprised if the Tesla pieces were made here. Only because the CEO seemed surprisingly loose with disclosing details of their partners (and even their partners’ inner thoughts)! When he briefly discusses Tesla, he sounds like an outsider looking in - and given the rest of his discussion, I’d think he’d have made a point of describing their work with Tesla in nearly awkward detail

but the materials discussions certainly sound like the sort of thinking that would go into Tesla’s thinking - particularly interesting hearing sandy poo-poo the cost and unnecessarily complexity of stamping beds out of steel when these alternative materials are better

`AquaWatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 RAM 1500,Tesla Model Y , !971SS Camaro,
Country flag
Suicide doors LOOK cool but they REALLY suck to get out of if both front and rear passengers are getting out. Forget trying to get something out of the backseat if you are parked near someone else. Absolute hell (speaking from an F-150 perspective)

Absolute pain in the ass.
I have a 1935 Chevy with suicide doors.
They are the easiest doors to get in and out of in any of the vehicles I’ve ever owned.
Maybe Ford just did a really poor job?
Sponsored