cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
thought I’d double post this here since it relates back to both the general Frunk discussion and this sub-topic of the front hard points:

specifically, I think it’s more than reasonable to assume that those massive casting rails down below…

22A8FDF0-B390-4ED5-AB64-07005F897122.jpeg

Line up with the front recovery/frame access points:

BE804AF0-5114-42E3-981B-A70D6032BFAB.jpeg

which would size the useable frunk space between casting wells (and not counting frunk molding/trim) about like so:
2097EC8D-9B4F-49D2-8D1D-16A21F0166BE.jpeg

If so, given overall size of the CT this could still make for a good sized frunk- possibly every bit as big as the Lightning (even if differently proportioned). Maybe not as “mega” as some might have imagined.

Given the above width estimate, and below length/depth constraint

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! DBAC743F-C4E5-4932-A95B-C120B31AEB22

I’m wondering if they might not fashion a “shelf” in the rearmost portion of Frunk, to use available space back toward the dash (not otherwise eaten by front seat legroom), about like so:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! 5AE0B3C6-97A0-4662-BECC-F51A4E47B794

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
thought I’d double post this here since it relates back to both the general Frunk discussion and this sub-topic of the front hard points:

2097EC8D-9B4F-49D2-8D1D-16A21F0166BE.jpeg

If so, given overall size of the CT this could still make for a good sized frunk- possibly every bit as big as the Lightning (even if differently proportioned). Maybe not as “mega” as some might have imagined.

Given the above width estimate, and below length/depth constraint

DBAC743F-C4E5-4932-A95B-C120B31AEB22.jpeg

I’m wondering if they might not fashion a “shelf” in the rearmost portion of Frunk, to use available space back toward the dash (not otherwise eaten by front seat legroom), about like so:

5AE0B3C6-97A0-4662-BECC-F51A4E47B794.jpeg
Possibly. In the pilot line photo the cross car beam is not installed, there's a chance the hard point anchor locations could be offset and not inline with the crush can rails.

Doubt we'll see a shelf as that area will likely be taken by various ancillary components.

On a separate but related note if the air suspension cylinder is placed between the shock towers, like on S/X, then the depth of the frunk will be limited even further. Hopefully that is not the case and they're putting it elsewhere.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! 5AE0B3C6-97A0-4662-BECC-F51A4E47B794

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Doubt we'll see a shelf as that area will likely be taken by various ancillary components.

On a separate but related note if the air suspension cylinder is placed between the shock towers, like on S/X, then the depth of the frunk will be limited even further. Hopefully that is not the case and they're putting it elsewhere.
the shelf notion was a total flyer :ROFLMAO: - motivated mostly by trying to dream up where where they’ll squeeze in storage to max their volume

but I’m with you that components are most likely there, and having the bottle around there would also make sense, depending on what all is out back

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
It doesn't go deep, it's basically the full width of the front of the Cybertruck.

The frunk iteration I have seen basically looked like a 4 sided horse troff. Open face, open top. No shelving back at all.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Open face, open top. No shelving back at all.
This isn't surprising at all

The frunk iteration I have seen ... It doesn't go deep, it's basically the full width of the front of the Cybertruck.
This on the other hand requires you to show your work :ROFLMAO:

Also it's a surprising take given what we're seeing of the front casting - I mean, all that suspension gear is necessarily inboard of the tires, and so encroaching on the "full width of the front of the cybertruck" ...

if only there were some way you could describe the contrary using, for example, photo illustrations... :devilish:

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
This isn't surprising at all

This on the other hand requires you to show your work :ROFLMAO:

Also it's a surprising take given what we're seeing of the front casting - I mean, all that suspension gear is necessarily inboard of the tires, and so encroaching on the "full width of the front of the cybertruck" ...

if only there were some way you could describe the contrary using, for example, photo illustrations... :devilish:
Sorry, won't be posting any photos I (may) have.

Maybe the frunk will be open on May 16th at the Shareholder Meeting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit

also, your illustration of the lines on the BIW Cybertruck from yesterday are short, it's a bit longer/ larger than that.

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
Sorry, won't be posting any photos I (may) have.

Maybe the frunk will be open on May 16th at the Shareholder Meeting. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit

also, your illustration of the lines on the BIW Cybertruck from yesterday are short, it's a bit longer/ larger than that.
In lieu of pics, can @cvalue13 or someone create illustrations on a top down and side view of trucks for you to let us know if we're hot or cold? I'd offer to do the illustrations, but I'm just happy if I don't leave boogers on my screen at the end of the day.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Possibly. In the pilot line photo the cross car beam is not installed, there's a chance the hard point anchor locations could be offset and not inline with the crush can rails.

5AE0B3C6-97A0-4662-BECC-F51A4E47B794.jpeg
Well in the picture he's heading back toward the bed. I believe it should go underneath the bed right before the rear axles. Given two ideas, the rear will lower and raise more than the front and the compressor hookup is also in the bed, shorter lines running to suspension and air hookup much more efficient and prob a lot more room back there

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
In lieu of pics, can @cvalue13 or someone create illustrations on a top down and side view of trucks for you to let us know if we're hot or cold? I'd offer to do the illustrations, but I'm just happy if I don't leave boogers on my screen at the end of the day.
Pretty much like this, wheel well may be larger/wider. I may be able to make something better later.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 12.27.38 PM

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Well in the picture he's heading back toward the bed. I believe it should go underneath the bed right before the rear axles. Given two ideas, the rear will lower and raise more than the front and the compressor hookup is also in the bed, shorter lines running to suspension and air hookup much more efficient and prob a lot more room back there
Yeah I noticed that too, however he could be walking that way for any number of reasons. I hope you're right but if so I do wonder what the hell they're putting in the frunk if, as Greg mentions, it doesn't actually go deep past the windshield. Tesla is usually pretty good at tight packaging.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
The original Model S Frunk could fit a spare, that massive dash makes me think it would easily fit.
The reason that the original S had enough room for a spare tire: it was a single motor (in the rear) so the space in the front was available for a larger frunk. The dual motor S definitely does not have enough room for a spare. I would love to be able to put a spare in frunk of the CT, but that would require a lot of space (we will see!).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Pretty much like this, wheel well may be larger/wider. I may be able to make something better later.
Screenshot 2023-04-20 at 12.27.38 PM.jpg
Understanding you weren't trying to be too exact, and nor was my prior overlay of yesterday being too exact, either - but your sketch here is way off of proportion - you have the nose/bumper for the CT way out further than actual

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Slide1.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Slide2.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Slide3.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Slide4.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Slide5.JPG
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! Slide6.JPG

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Understanding you weren't trying to be too exact, and nor was my prior overlay of yesterday being too exact, either - but your sketch here is way off of proportion - you have the nose/bumper for the CT way out further than actual

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG
Slide4.JPG
Slide5.JPG
Slide6.JPG
While we know most of the front end opens up, the actual opening inside is substantially narrower, as we can see from the manufacturing photo. I suspect they open most of the front to avoid cutting the stainless steel and light bar. The frunk will be much narrower to accommodate the wheels, etc.