Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model S, 2023 Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Brother if I didn’t care I would have given up on the banter within this forum long ago.

im buying a truck for myself regardless of the dimensions but I am also not buying these for the fleet. The F150 lightnings we have fit 4 guys super comfortably, enough that 3 can easily sleep on the way home from work. 5 can easily be carried as well but they are snuggling in the back. The same 5 are not riding in this truck, which to me, is obviously why its no longer a 6 seater, because its not really a 5 seater in todays truck world
It is a comfortable 5 seater truck.
Sponsored

JimboAnders

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
this looks boring and cheap. Should have front dash view love it on my S. Also could utilize the big ass dash better...bronco has all kinds of mounting options. At least a HUD. I love the truck but this just really looks bad. I agree about the gmc.
All the latest releases and updates from Tesla has done away with the screen behind the steering wheel. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Tesla is very keen on minimalistic design. Doing away with the stalks is just another example. The best part is no part at all. This also has a huge impact on cost. Here’s what I hope for…. That the materials used look high class and rich. The fit and finish must be world class.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 1685388094887

Mirror mounts to the door vs. the pillar. Assuming mirrors are removable dont think that square is where you would remove them so is it for a speaker (similar to the one near the sun visor) or for a small "mirror screen"? Hopping the latter but assuming the former.

Also hoping mirrors can be swapped for extendable tow mirrors for trailer work....or telescoping camera, lol

Rear view mirror looks to just be a standard mirror on this vehicle.

Also, interior seems "Tesla" to me, minimalist, functional, bit boring...my current gmc 2500 is a 6 seater, never used 6th seat once so for me that's not a loss. Dont really like white accent panels as I get in my truck after dirt biking and I'm dirty, my m3p white interior holds up well but im not covered in mud going to / from work....

Curious what storage in the back seat area...guessing just a flat floor

Last edited:

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
No 6th seat. 2 in front. 3 in back. Many reasons for this. Air bag and display screen issues. Reduced width.
If there isn't provision for an occasional small seat why wouldn't the console go to the dash? Why the space? Airbags can be deactivated. We know kids are safer in the back but for occasional use?

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
All the latest releases and updates from Tesla has done away with the screen behind the steering wheel. This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone. Tesla is very keen on minimalistic design. Doing away with the stalks is just another example. The best part is no part at all. This also has a huge impact on cost. Here’s what I hope for…. That the materials used look high class and rich. The fit and finish must be world class.
It looks cheap because it's a very inexpensive interior by design. Obviously Tesla is trying to keep the cost down. The Cybertruck was never going to appeal to the Pretty boy truck buyers. The uptake in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida panhandle probable won't crack a 100 a year total. It's not for everyone.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
If there isn't provision for an occasional small seat why wouldn't the console go to the dash? Why the space? Airbags can be deactivated. We know kids are safer in the back but for occasional use?
because a console that connects to the dash, collectively

• increases the sense of a confined space
• isn’t needed because there isn’t a transmission/shifter/floorboard hump there
• creates extra parts

See earlier posts with photos of OG model S with exact same design and floorboard storage feature. That design approach wasn’t there to accommodate a 6th “seat” either.

Meanwhile, counterbalanced with the reasons a “small” pseudo-seat isn’t there:

• the 18.5” screen in front of the console makes it essentially impossible to place an airbag in that location (and not having an airbag, if there’s any seat, is illegal)

• such a pseudo-seat doesn’t work with bucket seats, but instead a flat-ish seat that creates a ~bench when the console is up

• such a pseudo-seat isn’t useful enough (to enough market) to make any of the above cost/design sacrifices worth it

JimboAnders

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It looks cheap because it's a very inexpensive interior by design. Obviously Tesla is trying to keep the cost down. The Cybertruck was never going to appeal to the Pretty boy truck buyers. The uptake in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida panhandle probable won't crack a 100 a year total. It's not for everyone.
It is possible to have a stark minimalistic design that is beautiful. It’s all going to depend on the choice of materials (no hard plastic) and the quality of how everything fits together

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
because a console that connects to the dash, collectively

• increases the sense of a confined space
• isn’t needed because there isn’t a transmission/shifter/floorboard hump there
• creates extra parts

See earlier posts with photos of OG model S with exact same design and floorboard storage feature. That design approach wasn’t there to accommodate a 6th “seat” either.

Meanwhile, counterbalanced with the reasons a “small” pseudo-seat isn’t there:

• the 18.5” screen in front of the console makes it essentially impossible to place an airbag in that location (and not having an airbag, if there’s any seat, is illegal)

• such a pseudo-seat doesn’t work with bucket seats, but instead a flat-ish seat that creates a ~bench when the console is up

• such a pseudo-seat isn’t useful enough (to enough market) to make any of the above cost/design sacrifices worth it
I think an airbag would be possible. They can deploy lots of ways . Would it be comfortable? Probably not for most people. All but the smallest people would spill onto the buckets. I am not adamant I just think it may be an option. The wasted space is fishy. When you have 6 people occasionally taking 2 rigs is really inefficient.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I think an airbag would be possible. They can deploy lots of ways . Would it be comfortable? Probably not for most people. All but the smallest people would spill onto the buckets. I am not adamant I just think it may be an option. The wasted space is fishy. When you have 6 people occasionally taking 2 rigs is really inefficient.

JimboAnders

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My guess is that’s the console design from when they were going to seat 3 across in the front.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
My guess is that’s the console design from when they were going to seat 3 across in the front.
Maybe your right. People will stuff the CT with gear. Gear getting into the pedal area is dangerous. The early model s may have had empty space there but many didn't like it.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
That it makes no sense to you is mostly a problem for you.

It destroys visibility. Creates unusable interior space that ...
...saves you energy when in motion, meaning you can go further.

This is such a weird argument, when that's the same space when it was outside the windshield you couldn't use.

And while ALON excels in IR transferrence, I doubt Tesla will forget to put an IR reflective coating in the sandwich.

It destroys visibility.
And it definitely doesn't do this.

These two features are the same as the original prototype. This has not changed.

Random question... do you think the employee who took this photo got fired for leaking it?
We honestly don't know. Tesla never seems to leak - unless they want to. It's possible they have a policy to approve a small number of photos.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Wildfortune

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Tri-motor C/T to replace my Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired to a Hobby Farm
Country flag
I’ve been nursing my ICE truck along in anticipation of replacing it with a CT, but it is looking like that was a poor decision. As a practical truck this dog won’t hunt.
I too, was tired of throwing good money after bad and bought an F-150 last year. I bought a low trim with a few extras figuring that I'd sell it when my turn came for a CT. But I actually love my truck. At least I have time to wait for the CT reveal and perhaps a test drive before I have to make a decision. I'm around 250,000 in line so no CT before late 2024.
Sponsored