g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I tried to duplicate the shot in my model X. I am not concerned about visibility - the CT actually seems a bit better.

IMG_1879.jpeg
Love this! Multiple employees have said it’s lost like a Model X experience. Enjoy your pizza :)
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
c’mon y’all.

I’m cool reserving final judgment on visibility impacts of the pillars. And it’s, I guess, modestly encouraging to hear Tesla employees say in effect “it’s not that bad.”

But y’all are kind of making inaccurate and unpersuasive cases for comparisons to the Mod X. If anything, these Mod X comparisons tend to make me feel more concerned about visibility in the CT, because the comparisons smack of a level of unreasonable defensiveness that is suspect.

Essentially all cars have an A pillar extending to the ~end of a ~normal depth dash. See the Mod X passenger A-pillar below:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! FDD66461-C196-46D9-B558-F07C94730BCE

Which is essentially identical in location and relative scale to an F-150 A-pillar:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 0B1F480F-8A22-41F2-A74C-C416E500FB74

That Mod X or F150 A-pillar is the equivalent location of the CT’s B-pillar.

Look up again to the relative width of the Mod X and F-150 A-pillars compared to the B-pillar in the CT:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 25B98B50-B6B6-4802-BBA4-C6AF60160287

I mean, just look at the width of that thing! The CT’s B-pillar alone extends the width of most of a normal car’s dash.
Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 9B57ED92-4E97-4F4A-9613-B5A54A4521B0

And that’s all before we acknowledge that the CT still has an entire added pillar that has no analogue in the Mod X

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 620AEB51-78B7-4DAB-BE17-909494E0C429

That the CT B-pillar appears twice the width of a Model X A-pillar, and that the CT then adds an additional pillar in front of that (slopping to the midpoint of the “hood”!), leaves one viewing these Mod X comparisons as disingenuous at worst and confused at best.

To say nothing of the fact that comparing sideways and diagonal visibility in a sedan is already a suspect comparison. Look out the window of a model X and you see the entire half of the car next to you. Try that in a truck.
Half of y’all are in other threads talking about how visibility in trucks is paramount to safety, because they’re different.

Same ones that would be dancing on graves if Ford released a photo of the 2024 F150 looking like this:

Tesla Cybertruck Leaked interior Cybertruck photo! 44F1128A-6F3A-4876-8765-98C1CF990C11

And if someone came in defending those new F150 pillars in a full-sized truck saying it’s “similar” to the visibility in a Model X?

They’d get dragged

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It also says 17" ... isn't it now 18?

Sandman1962

First Name
Sel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S , Model X
Country flag
c’mon y’all.

I’m cool reserving final judgment on visibility impacts of the pillars. And it’s, I guess, modestly encouraging to hear Tesla employees say in effect “it’s not that bad.”

But y’all are kind of making inaccurate and unpersuasive cases for comparisons to the Mod X. If anything, these Mod X comparisons tend to make me feel more concerned about visibility in the CT, because the comparisons smack of a level of unreasonable defensiveness that is suspect.

Essentially all cars have an A pillar extending to the ~end of a ~normal depth dash. See the Mod X passenger A-pillar below:

FDD66461-C196-46D9-B558-F07C94730BCE.jpeg

Which is essentially identical in location and relative scale to an F-150 A-pillar:

0B1F480F-8A22-41F2-A74C-C416E500FB74.jpeg

That Mod X or F150 A-pillar is the equivalent location of the CT’s B-pillar.

Look up again to the relative width of the Mod X and F-150 A-pillars compared to the B-pillar in the CT:

25B98B50-B6B6-4802-BBA4-C6AF60160287.jpeg

I mean, just look at the width of that thing! The CT’s B-pillar alone extends the width of most of a normal car’s dash.
9B57ED92-4E97-4F4A-9613-B5A54A4521B0.jpeg

And that’s all before we acknowledge that the CT still has an entire added pillar that has no analogue in the Mod X

620AEB51-78B7-4DAB-BE17-909494E0C429.jpeg

That the CT B-pillar appears twice the width of a Model X A-pillar, and that the CT then adds an additional pillar in front of that (slopping to the midpoint of the “hood”!), leaves one viewing these Mod X comparisons as disingenuous at worst and confused at best.

To say nothing of the fact that comparing sideways and diagonal visibility in a sedan is already a suspect comparison. Look out the window of a model X and you see the entire half of the car next to you. Try that in a truck.
Half of y’all are in other threads talking about how visibility in trucks is paramount to safety, because they’re different.

Same ones that would be dancing on graves if Ford released a photo of the 2024 F150 looking like this:

44F1128A-6F3A-4876-8765-98C1CF990C11.jpeg

And if someone came in defending those new F150 pillars in a full-sized truck saying it’s “similar” to the visibility in a Model X?

They’d get dragged
Interesting! I ll have to see it in person!
Thanks

sstevens805

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DM 2021 MY & '69 Cadillac Deville Convertible
Country flag
I would love to see A-Pillar blind spot tech make its way to the CT like this kid's idea

ZombiePhysicist

Banned
Banned
First Name
Zombie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck on reserve
Occupation
Zombie
Country flag
...saves you energy when in motion, meaning you can go further.

This is such a weird argument, when that's the same space when it was outside the windshield you couldn't use.

And while ALON excels in IR transferrence, I doubt Tesla will forget to put an IR reflective coating in the sandwich.

And it definitely doesn't do this.

These two features are the same as the original prototype. This has not changed.

We honestly don't know. Tesla never seems to leak - unless they want to. It's possible they have a policy to approve a small number of photos.

-Crissa
wrong. The space is not the same. The a pillars are way longer. That addddddssss weight. also fact, it hurts visibility because the a pillars are huge and block lateral visibility.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I don’t mean to come off rude but you’re very unpleasant.

I mean why are you here if you don’t want to discuss aspects of the cybertruck both pro and con.

So is this the place where to vent how every aspect of the truck is beyond Discussion? Very meta. 🙄 /sarcasm
You have never sat in it!!! You are judging all your opinions based on pictures, and then finding every nitpicking thing to complain about. You can be as negative as you want, I honestly don’t care, it doesn’t bug me and even calling me unpleasant is fine.. I mean you are basing that opinion off one comment, which is right in line with all your opinions on a truck that you have never actually been in. I am not dissuading you from being here. I welcome you, I was just curious why you spend so much time criticizing something you have no actual real world experience with… just seems strange, but you do you. I think many of your concerns might be over blown, but I also have never sat in it, so you might be right

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
wrong. The space is not the same. The a pillars are way longer. That addddddssss weight. also fact, it hurts visibility because the a pillars are huge and block lateral visibility.
Now you're just moving goalposts.

The Cybertruck design hasn't changed.

I will bet doughnuts that the Cybertruck will have smaller A-pillar blindspots than other current full-sized trucks.

-Crissa

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
Yes. But the whole truck will be lower to the ground and contain more glass in the cabin than the competition. And you will be able to sit as high in the truck as you want without being blinded by the hood of your truck.

The space contained in those blind spots will be smaller, because they changed the angle down and the base height of those triangles.

-Crissa
I think there's enough evidence that the hood/dash combo won't provide much, if any, better view than just a hood in typical trucks.

The sitting lower to the ground point is accurate and there is a lot of glass, but it does appear the pillars are much larger than most vehicles, specifically any of these comparisons that people are posting.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I think there's enough evidence that the hood/dash combo won't provide much, if any, better view than just a hood in typical trucks.

The sitting lower to the ground point is accurate and there is a lot of glass, but it does appear the pillars are much larger than most vehicles, specifically any of these comparisons that people are posting.
And there are still yet several other visibility-relevent features of the CT that have yet to be pointed out and piled on here.

No need to pile on here, as it’ll take people using the thing to fully account for the issues - including after accounting for still unknown and possible technology patches (eg cameras/screens) that address some of the possible visibility issues.

But all the same, the converse it true as well: asserting definitively that the Ct has *better* visibility is both unfounded and seemingly worth more than skepticism.
Sponsored