Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How many would cancel their order if Tesla changes the price of FSD after you placed your reservation?
Although anything has some probability, I would put that at a very low probability. This is just the way they do things. When you reserved the truck you were asked if you wanted to add FSD at some price, so it is baked into your quote. If you added it later they know what the price was then.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Having seen some accidents and knowing about how my own mother is getting older, I hope autonomy, even if it is partial, gets wide spread. Even if my mother does not buy it or have a vehicle that can have it, the more vehicles on the road, the safer she will be.

She is over 70 and is having more and more health issues.

I do not think FSD has to get to repeating 9s to be valuable, but I do see keep striving for that goal is worth while.

The price will probably go up and down, like most products, until Tesla gets happy with the uptake vs the price.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Well Elons way of telling FSD price will go up an delivering on the promiss (as he often does;)) worked again......
It boosted Tesla sales.

All though I had ordered 2 CT early (with FSD), yesterday I decided to "add" a third.

This time a single motor with FSD, for local use (range/speed not an important thing).
But around 20'k (by 2023) for FSD on a 40'k car is a 50% mark up compared with ordering today.

It will be delivered late 2023/24 , I might oppt for an even later delivery date.

By then FSD will be working well, allowed by law, but be a very expensive option to buy.

Robotaxi might be up and running or something close (T....'s UBER)
The truck will be rare in Europe and people will want to rent it.
It will "earn its bread" and make some extra revenue.

Do not say "It won't be sold in Europe" :mad: :
Tesla will realize that the demand is world wide, not only US of A.
Tesla will want to profit from it, as soone as it has increased the production capacity.

Solution: Just build it at GiGa4 Berlin.
From there it can be deliverd cheaply by rail, or drive it self to the customer, even to Sibiria.
I would love to see the face of the custom officials when the empty car stops at the border with the paperwork stuck behind the windscreen.o_O:unsure:

I can only think of one down side....
If it all does not work out the reservation will be canceled and I lose 100$ max. :cry:
Brilliant! After reading this I just ordered my 3rd cybertruck, the single motor/FSD.

Now I have 3, one i ordered the night of the reveal, which i intend to sell at a profit or if that is not likely, I will cancel the order.

The second one I ordered at the 7k FSD deadline, tri-motor with all the bells and whistles. I figure it will have less bugs than a truck coming early off the line.

And this third one, single motor/FSD robotaxi, because of all the good points you made in your post. If there is no FSD by ordering time, I'll just cancel the order. The cheapo version seems perfect for a robotaxi.

OP
OP

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Today is the last day to reserve a CT with FSD at $8k!

Act now or be $2000 for the poorer!

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
Hi Scot, you need to go to Tesla.com and log in to your account, a link in the top right of their page. That should bring up your page that has your Cybertruck order. Click on manage. That brings up the page with your configuration. Under learn more, click on the link to edit design. on this last page it shows features. Select Full Self Driving than click on the button edit desgn.
thanks for the help

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
We cybertruck "owners" are lucky that we can lock in the price and have a few years to gauge the value of FSD, risk free.

I have the 7k FSD but if i was buying a tesla today, i don't think i would make the gamble. Hopefully, by the time i order Tesla insurance will be a thing and it will cover FSD if some idiot totals my vehicle.

Assuming level 4 or 5 autonomy is only a software upgrade. I would bet people without FSD could get their truck to take them to the hospital in an emergency just like deactivated cell phones can still call 911.

If you want FSD for when you become too old and feeble to drive, i'm 99% sure that the Americans With Disabilities Act would force Tesla to FSD models to the handicapped at the same price as non FSD. If they didn't do it out of the kindness of thier hearts.
Elon just confirmed my theory about the truck taking you to the hospital and you won't even have to ask it, it will be watching you.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I predict Tesla will have another FSD price increase in the next few months.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Elon just confirmed my theory about the truck taking you to the hospital and you won't even have to ask it, it will be watching you.
I saw the interview and in order for Tesla to have proof positive that you are paying attention they have to be paying attention to you. I for one think it is great, and if I had a medical emergency I would want the car to take me to the hospital.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I see people behind the wheel that look like they had their heart attack an hour ago. They just look that way. They would never make it home and end up in cemetery instead every time they turn on FSD. Too much automation man...... when does it end?

Your dog in the backseat passes gas and it rolls down the windows (in middle of February).

You start going down the memory lane (with the Neuralink hooked up) and it makes a booty call to the lady that has filed the restraining order against you.

I miss the good old days when rolling down the window and lowering an undamped tail gate was not considered hardship.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I see people behind the wheel that look like they had their heart attack an hour ago. They just look that way. They would never make it home and end up in cemetery instead every time they turn on FSD. Too much automation man...... when does it end?

Your dog in the backseat passes gas and it rolls down the windows (in middle of February).

You start going down the memory lane (with the Neuralink hooked up) and it makes a booty call to the lady that has filed the restraining order against you.

I miss the good old days when rolling down the window and lowering an undamped tail gate was not considered hardship.
Time to chill. I am sure that as long as FSD isn't engaged you will be able to disable all this watching behavior. They are probably just saying that if you have FSD engaged (your choice) there are other things they can do 'for' you. You don't want it, you can probably disable the home/hospital thing.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Time to chill. I am sure that as long as FSD isn't engaged you will be able to disable all this watching behavior. They are probably just saying that if you have FSD engaged (your choice) there are other things they can do 'for' you. You don't want it, you can probably disable the home/hospital thing.
Just horsing around. If I pay $10K for something, all settings will be on ;)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Just horsing around. If I pay $10K for something, all settings will be on ;)
We have FSD on our Model 3 and have never used any of its features. Only on road trips do we use autopilot and those (road trips) have been pretty non-existent since Covid-19 became the new normal. I must say that the autopilot worked very well, and I have watched with great interest the FSD Beta videos ... Tesla seems to be making great progress there. I hope that eventually FSD will be able to detect environmental conditions (snow, rain, dust, dark, etc.) and do the right thing. That would be awesome. I have been quite upset at the folks that attach weights to their steering wheels so that they can go to sleep on autopilot; that is why I want Tesla to monitor the driver. There should be no way to easily bypass the requirement that the driver be in control.

Last edited:

gphenix

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75th Anniversary Jeep Grand Cherokee, MERCEDES AMG SLC43
Country flag
It's a neat feature, but the price is getting ridiculous.
I was told by the sales person when I reserved the truck that by selecting FSD at that time locked me in for the price at that Time which was $8,000. If I didn’t, the price would be whatever price increase it went to. I locked mine in at 8,000.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
We have FSD on our Model 3 and have never used any of its features. Only on road trips do we use autopilot and those (road trips) have been pretty non-existent since Covid-19 became the new normal. I must say that the autopilot worked very well, and I have watched with great interest the FSD Beta videos ... Tesla seems to be making great progress there. I hope that eventually FSD will be able to detect environmental conditions (snow, rain, dust, dark, etc.) and do the right thing. That would be awesome. I have been quite upset at the folks that attach weights to their steering wheels so that they can go to sleep on autopilot; that is why I want Tesla to monitor the driver. There should be no way to easily bypass the requirement that the driver be in control.
Those who attach weights can quickly become "dead weights" attached to their steering wheels. Intentionally sleeping with FSD is quite ballsy, and they may find their "legacy ornaments" dangling from the rearview mirror one day. I ordered FSD for emergency backup only. I have sleep apnea and although treated, I can get sleepy behind the wheel. I look at FSD as an insurance policy only. 7k is a low price to pay that may well save someone's life. It was a no-brainer for me. May never need it, but it is comforting to know it is there, especially for all my passengers!
Sponsored