j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag
Well I don't know what to say. Tesla never suggested there would be anything but early deliveries in 'late 2021'. Unless you work for SpaceX, you weren't likely to get one. Nothing has changed in their messaging.

Who is 'they'? Not Tesla. Elon has said they're still on track to be in full production of the new cells in 12 to 18 months. That's the same thing he said last September. That fits a production ramp-up of Cybertruck from late this year.

-Crissa
Agree 100%. Nothing changed here.

First this data is not first hand so it's not reliable. Unless we hear something directly from Tesla, I'm not getting excited one way or another.

Second, we knew for a while that 99.9% of people wouldn't get their cybertrucks in 2021. We knew for sure that volume production would be sometime in 2022.

We shall see what happens but it's better not to be desperately waiting for the CT. It's not going to be a fun wait. In my case, I did not want to wait years to drive a Tesla so I bought a Model 3 while waiting. I'm a happy customer and I'm having fun watching drone videos of the factory being built, reading forums, watching CT Truck guy videos, etc.

If you desperately need a truck this year, just buy a Toyota truck and sell it off when you get your CT. It won't lose too much value and you won't be desperate every time you read bad news about delays, etc.
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Agree 100%. Nothing changed here.

First this data is not first hand so it's not reliable. Unless we hear something directly from Tesla, I'm not getting excited one way or another.

Second, we knew for a while that 99.9% of people wouldn't get their cybertrucks in 2021. We knew for sure that volume production would be sometime in 2022.

We shall see what happens but it's better not to be desperately waiting for the CT. It's not going to be a fun wait. In my case, I did not want to wait years to drive a Tesla so I bought a Model 3 while waiting. I'm a happy customer and I'm having fun watching drone videos of the factory being built, reading forums, watching CT Truck guy videos, etc.

If you desperately need a truck this year, just buy a Toyota truck and sell it off when you get your CT. It won't lose too much value and you won't be desperate every time you read bad news about delays, etc.
When a totally new vehicle comes out of a totally new plant, a thousand things could go wrong and hold up production. So rollout won't mean you better clear out your garage.

j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag
When a totally new vehicle comes out of a totally new plant, a thousand things could go wrong and hold up production. So rollout won't mean you better clear out your garage.
Yep. Things shall go wrong of course. I'm about 80k in line but live in Canada so I will definitely not be among the first to get mine. I'm thinking after 6-8 months of production (hoping to get mine in approximately that timeframe after they start delivering in the US), they will probably be getting most things right and have ironed out most of the major problems.

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
Yep. Things shall go wrong of course. I'm about 80k in line but live in Canada so I will definitely not be among the first to get mine. I'm thinking after 6-8 months of production (hoping to get mine in approximately that timeframe after they start delivering in the US), they will probably be getting most things right and have ironed out most of the major problems.
Three motor versions will have priority in production, so congratulations, you may get priority in delivery。

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Three motor versions will have priority in production, so congratulations, you may get priority in delivery。
You sound mighty confident. How do you know?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think he only knows declarative and interrogative sentence structure. He's using a translation service - Google is very mature in this - so I would expect a little weirdness on the edges.

I think if you took bets, more people think the tri-motor is first.

-Crissa

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I think he only knows declarative and interrogative sentence structure. He's using a translation service - Google is very mature in this - so I would expect a little weirdness on the edges.

I think if you took bets, more people think the tri-motor is first.

-Crissa
I used to be one of them but now I see different forces at play.

CT3 - If there were unlimited battery supply, profit margin may be in favor of CT3. Also CT3 smoking everything on the road is free advertisement for Tesla which is incentive to send that out first. If the recent Benchmarking test was real, CT3 is not forgotten.

CT2 - I think battery constraints and need to push the sales numbers up favor dual motor. First prototype was CT2 and keeping production line simple and success rate high may need CT2 to be first. Also Elon seemed to be putting down muscle flexing and promoting moderation in one of his interviews.

CT1 - Tesla’s history with lower trims is against single motor and they already said it won’t be first.

Since I am a CT2 reservation holder, wishful thinking leads me to believe some CT3s will get attention on the screen but most of first year production will be CT2.

Cyberpark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz,CT
Country flag
I used to be one of them but now I see different forces at play.

CT3 - If there were unlimited battery supply, profit margin may be in favor of CT3. Also CT3 smoking everything on the road is free advertisement for Tesla which is incentive to send that out first. If the recent Benchmarking test was real, CT3 is not forgotten.

CT2 - I think battery constraints and need to push the sales numbers up favor dual motor. First prototype was CT2 and keeping production line simple and success rate high may need CT2 to be first. Also Elon seemed to be putting down muscle flexing and promoting moderation in one of his interviews.

CT1 - Tesla’s history with lower trims is against single motor and they already said it won’t be first.

Since I am a CT2 reservation holder, wishful thinking leads me to believe some CT3s will get attention on the screen but most of first year production will be CT2.
You and Crissa are both very smart and know a lot about Tesla.

Last edited:

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Tesla doesn't even know when the Cybertruck production at volume will start. This data is pulled out of someone's tailgate. (Although it is probably not that far off)

Cybertruck production, we hope, will start in the 1st quarter of 2022. Elon did not mention it during the last earnings call, so that is a clear signal not much will happen in 2021. Maybe a handful of test vehicles for Christmas?

The issue is how many Cybertrucks can be built in 2022? 75,000?
There are close to 1 million pre-orders. If your # or place in line is 300,000, for example, you are not sniffing a CT in 2022. Maybe mid to late 2023, depending on where you live, etc.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
This snippet is from an annual database (IHS Delta report) of all current and future vehicle production in the North American region.

Reservation sheet must be adjusted accordingly. I was hoping we get the Cybertruck sooner but am glad they get to take their sweet time and perfect this beast while we get our monies ready ?.

Tesla Van production also slated for Jan 2026 to Dec 2035

BRANDARCHITECTUREPLATFORMNAMEPLATESOPEOP
RivianUnibodyA1R1T2021-062027-12
RivianUnibodyA1R1S2021-092028-03
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel Y2021-102029-12
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel 32022-012027-06
TeslaUnibodyGen IIICybertruck2022-042032-03
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel S2022-062-32-05
RivianUnibodyA1R2R2022-072029-06
Looks realistic if nothing else.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla doesn't even know when the Cybertruck production at volume will start. This data is pulled out of someone's tailgate. (Although it is probably not that far off)

Cybertruck production, we hope, will start in the 1st quarter of 2022. Elon did not mention it during the last earnings call, so that is a clear signal not much will happen in 2021. Maybe a handful of test vehicles for Christmas?

There are close to 1 million pre-orders. If your # or place in line is 300,000, for example, you are not sniffing a CT in 2022. Maybe mid to late 2023, depending on where you live, etc.

I am about #122,000 BUT I have a 2 motor W/O FSD. If I were to believe every favorable thing I read on this forum I will be ahead of all foreign orders and single motors. It does not look good for FSD in the short term so I guess I am ahead of them as well. I also will be ahead of some or all of the trimotors. Those that are ahead of me who cannot come up with the dough will also fall away. It would be nice to know what percentage of orders consist of one or more of each of those. (The people who will be without the money are not knowable but 5% might be close) Of course some of those who have an order that will be delayed have two or more of the delaying factors. Does anyone want to make a guess as to the percentage of those who will have to wait?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

well you know. Tesla is notorious for making in-line changes without notice....so maybe being at 100k-200k in line may be a benefit for all the tweaks and new tech as they continue to develop the truck....electronic change all the time so dont be surprised it the first 75k deliveries will not be the same for the next 75k deliveries.....but, I know everybody wants to be the first guy to get his/her/their truck....I'm at at 46,140 so figures may 22 for me.....wonder if I will be different from # 1?

strongsafety31

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This snippet is from an annual database (IHS Delta report) of all current and future vehicle production in the North American region.

Reservation sheet must be adjusted accordingly. I was hoping we get the Cybertruck sooner but am glad they get to take their sweet time and perfect this beast while we get our monies ready ?.

Tesla Van production also slated for Jan 2026 to Dec 2035

BRANDARCHITECTUREPLATFORMNAMEPLATESOPEOP
RivianUnibodyA1R1T2021-062027-12
RivianUnibodyA1R1S2021-092028-03
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel Y2021-102029-12
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel 32022-012027-06
TeslaUnibodyGen IIICybertruck2022-042032-03
TeslaUnibodyGen IIIModel S2022-062-32-05
RivianUnibodyA1R2R2022-072029-06
Musk has never said this. Deliveries should start at the beginning of 2022. Workers have been told to report in June 2021.

FHWizard

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester Sport, M3 LR, MY LR, CT tri reserv
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved a Tri-motor in late june with FSD and then a dual in July (missing the 7K FSD cutoff).
I'm fine with another 2-3 year wait so I can decide how much $ to part with.
The dual will probably be fine but if only the Tri-motor gets the 4680's I might have to rethink the options.
Sponsored