Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Daycare business owner
Country flag
Has anyone else noticed that on Tesla’s cybertruck website it now states that customers will be able to conplete configurations as production nears in 2022 instead of the previous late 2021 posting? Expecting the cybertruck by the end of this year was an optimistic timeline, but seeing this on their website all but confirms the delay. Either way worth the wait.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Production Delayed to 2022 67F34819-751B-40EB-922D-BEF8B8B391EA
Sponsored

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
i would say it’s officially delayed now. Once they start moving any kind of dates out, it’s a delay.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Can someone translate “complete your configuration” for me please? Is that for every reservation holder independent of the more serious commitment you make when your number specifically is up? It is basically picking your wheel options and such, right?

jhogan2424

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Moped
Can someone translate “complete your configuration” for me please? Is that for every reservation holder independent of the more serious commitment you make when your number specifically is up? It is basically picking your wheel options and such, right?
That is what I am guessing. Maybe solar panel, running boards, etc options. But of course I am only guessing.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You do want to spend an extra $17,000 on solar panels right?

Plus the special prepper upgrade which shrinks the windows and adds 4mm steel and kevlar in the doors for $22,000.

Pop up inflatable tent and mid-gate? $8,000.

Off road tires $1,500...

Ok. Tesla doesn't go too crazy milking this stuff. Likely just be tires, wheels, and color... oops maybe a wrap option?

Last edited:

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It is when the purchaser realizes the real price.

you get to select CT’s paint and if you wish a spare tire. ? Yeah, even I groaned.

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
No change in my account:
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Production Delayed to 2022 1628392921996

Maybe this is for the now post 1.5 million pre-orders (which I still am not buying BTW...). I am still confident they will begin producing by year's end and delivering more large-scale by next spring. I fully expect to see CTs on the road and possibly even have mine by this time next year.

They contact you when it is time to move ahead. This is when you can make any final option calls (if there are any; which I believe there will be...). This will also be the time when a huge chunk of people bow out and don't move ahead for their to that point USD 100 of entertainment/buy-in. Then we will see what the real timelines for deliveries are!

SS

OP
OP
Chvanegas97

Chvanegas97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Daycare business owner
Country flag
I believe so. Complete configurations should consist of any extras that aren’t already included. Maybe we’ll get color options such as the black version mentioned by Elon.

OP
OP
Chvanegas97

Chvanegas97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Daycare business owner
Country flag
No change in my account:
1628392921996.png

Maybe this is for the now post 1.5 million pre-orders (which I still am not buying BTW...). I am still confident they will begin producing by year's end and delivering more large-scale by next spring. I fully expect to see CTs on the road and possibly even have mine by this time next year.

They contact you when it is time to move ahead. This is when you can make any final option calls (if there are any; which I believe there will be...). This will also be the time when a huge chunk of people bow out and don't move ahead for their to that point USD 100 of entertainment/buy-in. Then we will see what the real timelines for deliveries are!

SS
I completely agree with you. We have to wait and see how many of these pre orders will actually go through with the purchase.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Yeah, all Tesla's today only have a few options. Tesla is like the in-n-out of cars--great quality but the menu is pretty short. I think they do this to reduce production complexity and, therefore, cost.
I predict:
  • Size option
    • already confirmed
  • Interior color option
    • usually only 2, white/black, etc.
    • For simplicity again (I assume), the materials used are the same and very high quality.
  • Wheels/tire package
    • I'm thinking something like ATs or MTs
    • I seem to remember something about the tires being very specifically 35x12.5s
  • Solar option
    • I really hope! I know I know, but it's too dope to not!
    • Vault cover AND wheel pillar wings
After that, I suspect everything else will be add-ons like home chargers, etc. So when the time comes, expect small premiums for options like white interior (ew, but... It could be something similar) and fancy wheels. If you stick to the base options, I would bet money that the reserved price will be the same as at launch--at least it has been the case with every other car they've had preorders for.

Here's to wishful thinking!
Cheers!

OP
OP
Chvanegas97

Chvanegas97

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Occupation
Daycare business owner
Country flag
The ATV and tent were suggested options, too.

-Crissa
That’s true. I wouldn’t be surprised if they rolled out those options after releasing the cybertruck in the online Tesla store just to roll out the truck quicker
Sponsored