Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I'd take a smaller truck.. i thought the maverick was perfect for me almost if it was fully electric 4WD
Sponsored

Pete70123

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
Country flag
If by some long shot this is true. Hoping to have the ability to switch reservation to smaller version. I think this could be done with Tesla parameters if the new version is just an extension of the of the larger size. For example it could be like choosing a long range vs performance. It could be it could be King Size and Wolverine. I donā€™t put it past him to introduce the smaller version but like many of you I doubt he would produce it prior to the original versionā€™s roll out.

PLUS- If the smaller version is available to at least ā€œpreorderā€ prior to buying the Original CT I am hoping to keep my FSD at $8k. I can wait another 2-3 years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Itā€™s been 3 years 2 years since announcement, and there are significant spec updates and apparently significant changes to the offering. Itā€™s not like weā€™re talking about changing the range or adding rear seat heaters, they are potentially eliminating at least one model and making a massive update to another. They need to do something at some point more than just roll out the configuration page with some slightly different specs so people know what their options are moving forward.

That could be done at the product roadmap in a couple weeks, or they could make a big launch event to drive media as you suggest. I know the media would eat up another Cybertruck day with new trucks on display and being demoed.

Last edited:

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It's taken them 2-3 yrs to fiddle with 2-3%. My guess is Cybertruck will be a singular anomaly (i.e. glitch in the matrix).
Cybervan before CT-Mars-edition before CT-wolverine.
:alien: ā› ā˜

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People: "Tesla wont make a smaller truck at the same time as the cyber truck!"

Model S 3 X and Y all basically smooshed or stretched versions of the same car: "Absolutely not! (Wink)"
I think most people are talking about not ramping them up at the same time. That is certainly my feeling.

Tesla starts production of the Grizzly Cybertruck (the big one) in 4Q 2022 or 1Q 2023. By end of 2023, they are at Volume Production and so they can focus engineering talent on ramping up production of the Wolverine Cybertruck.

Once they start making the Cybertruckā€¦ there is no turning it off until demand drops off (never!).

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe they can't get the 8T gigapress in a timely manner so they can only make castings for a smaller truck with the 6T gigapress...

If it's not that, this news sounds BS to me. Elon now hates announcing new products and not being able to fulfill them.
yep...we have heard not a peep about the 8-ton press....unless I've missed something.....I still say unless we get 8-ton before may, CTs are threatened again for 2022

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
yep...we have heard not a peep about the 8-ton press....unless I've missed something.....I still say unless we get 8-ton before may, CTs are threatened again for 2022
Kato road was reported to have been making 4680s at a "profitable production yield" back in October. Musk had mentioned that they were "flying like bullets" off of the line. So a small foundation of batteries have been amassing for the past 2-3 months.

My personal simplified list of things that need to be seen at the factory in Austin by March are:

- Rolls of steel
- 8k Gigapress
- Images of the 4680 production lines dropping batteries like a pack of donkeys.

That's assuming that the necessary folding machines and assembly robots are already on-site. As well as, workers already trained and ready for action by the time the last bolt completes their assembly station.

Until then, nothing happens because they need 6 months of getting the assembly line in order so they can make trucks appear reliably over the last two months of the year.

That's my wild guess that is slowly evolving.

Last edited:

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Kato road was reported to have been making 4680s at a "profitable production yield" back in October. Musk had mentioned that they were "flying like bullets" off of the line. So a small foundation of batteries have been amassing for the past 2-3 months.

My personal simplified list of things that need to be seen at the factory in Austin by March are:

- Rolls of steel
- 8k Gigapress
- Images of the 4680 production lines dropping batteries like a pack of donkeys.

That's assuming that the necessary folding machines and assembly robots are already on-site. As well as, workers already trained and ready for action by the time the last bolt completes their assembly station.

Until then, nothing happens because they need 6 months of getting the assembly line in order so they can make trucks appear reliably over the last two months of the year.

That's my wild guess that is slowly evolving.
I dont think batteries will be the issue....IMHO its the 8-ton press and see-up and calibrations that is the long pole in the tent

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I think Elon (Tesla) sticks to the KISS principle.
Make as few products as possible that will appeal to the most consumers.
Get production up to scale as soon as possible and keep refining production processes.
Price them where the average Joe can afford one.
Meet the demand you have before you start a new model.
Put out a new model when demand for it becomes apparent.
At some point there will be a van (I'd buy one in a heartbeat).
There may also be a scaled down version of the Semi for medium duty applications.
In the Army we use the "crawl, walk, run" training.
The more you do something the more proficient you become at it but it takes time to become Mission Capable.

CybertruckAgent

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I'd totally prefer a 15% shorter length truck. But, there's a 0% chance in hell I'm passing on a full size CT and waiting even one split second longer to wait for it.
That prototype spotted last month with the mirrors and experimental wiper was DEFINITELY smaller than the original. Thereā€™s a side by side with a model S for comparison.
We were joking on that thread what if Elon duped all of us and we were looking at the Wolverine CTā€¦ personally I doubt theyā€™d bother to engineer both prior to delivery, unless thereā€™s some issues weā€™re not aware of the requires all this work being completed prior to production of the big boy CT.

restyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5
Country flag
A smaller Wolverine version is exactly what we need for Europe's much smaller roads.
Also Logical that a smaller version could be produced in Europe - if the Berlin Plant ever gets finished :D
Sponsored