Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders - from $4000 credit to $2500 voucher

GatorCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla/Elon finally heard us bitching about the qualified installer monoply that was taking advantage of us all in charging $1,000/hr for a simple install process.
Sponsored

Nobell32

First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast Foundation
Country flag
Have you tried to look it up in your trash mail folder? That's where I found mine installation email from the local installer.
I just did but nothing. Thanks for the heads up though.

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, 2017 S, 2016 X, 2023 X, 2024 AWD FS CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Actually, can anybody confirm if it's an enduring credit vice a one-time-use credit?

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD / M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I'm glad that they are giving me an allowance instead of just the powershare equipment as after reading the print I am not going to be able to install powershare.
"

To be eligible for Powershare Home Backup, you must:

• Take delivery of a Foundation Series vehicle
  • Own a single-family home or townhome compatible with Powershare Home Backup in the United States (excluding Puerto Rico)
  • Park on your property within 20 feet of your garage or electrical service (main) panel
  • Have an electric service (main) panel rating less than 225A
  • Have a Tesla Certified Installer in your area
  • Agree to the quote for installation provided by the Certified Installer"
My house has two 200 amp panels for 400 amp service so it looks like no powershare for me.
The Powerwall 3 manual says the maximum output is 200A but doesn't mention the limitation for connecting to less than 225A. Does anyone have a Powerwall connected to 400 amp service?

It looks like my only hope to power the house from my truck is to install Powerwall and hook the truck to that.
If you have a total service of 400 amps but this is distributed across two separate panels, each rated at 200 amps, would you not still meet the requirement?

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD (on 05/30/2024)
Country flag
Actually, can anybody confirm if it's an enduring credit vice a one-time-use credit?
Single use

1. The voucher can be used for either a single purchase in the Tesla Shop, which may include various items up to the voucher value, or toward the cost of your Powershare Home Backup equipment

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, 2017 S, 2016 X, 2023 X, 2024 AWD FS CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Single use
Thanks. Not sure how I missed that in the earlier post. That'll make arbitration more difficult. I could see the arbitrator going either way if the value was matching but it was one-time-use. When it was only $700, I figured it would be an easy win. The frustrating part is that it would cost Tesla more to go to arbitration than to just acquiesce.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Most of us hear a few weeks after the survey whether we were a;proved or not.
I was "approved", and was contacted by an installer. But chose not to accept the PowerShare as I already have a Generac home backup generator. This would have been a duplicate. Then the installer said regarding the $700 store credit, that I would have to talk to Tesla about that. And Tesla said I'd have to talk to the installer about it.

So this could be a very nice way out of a petty predicament.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
My house has two 200 amp panels for 400 amp service so it looks like no powershare for me.
If you have a total service of 400 amps but this is distributed across two separate panels, each rated at 200 amps, would you not still meet the requirement?
That's what I think too. Each 200 amp panel is independent from each other and I should be able to chose which one of them to protect with a Powerwall backup OR, order two powerwall backups - one for each panel. Powershare backup, obviously, should only power one of those panels

I'm in the same situation with two 200 amps panel for my house and just placed an order for 2 powerwalls - let's see what they say

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD / M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
That's what I think too. Each 200 amp panel is independent from each other and I should be able to chose which one of them to protect with a Powerwall backup OR, order two powerwall backups - one for each panel. Powershare backup, obviously, should only power one of those panels

I'm in the same situation with two 200 amps panel for my house and just placed an order for 2 powerwalls - let's see what they say
Yea because 400amp residential panels do exist (albeit not as common) which I believe is where a fire hazard liability comes into play.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Tesla changed the Powershare benefit for FS CT orders. It now states you will receive a $2,500.00 Tesla Shop voucher and no longer mentions a $4,000.00 installation allowance for Cyberbeast orders.
Extreme cost-cutting to give Elon his $55 billion paycheck. šŸ˜­

Somugo

First Name
Somu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I just picked up my AWD cybertruck Friday 5/17/24 and seriously want to get my Powershare and charger installed. I am just using the 110 volt charging cable that came with the truck until then. Has anyone tried to add one bank of Powerwall 3 at the same time your Powershare and level 2 charger are installed? It seems that would be the cost effective time to get it. Picture of my truck just for fun.

Of note, is the rust on the center wheel hub common?

Cybertruck 1.jpg

Cybertruck rust on wheel.jpg
Did you get a "10 volt charging cable" as part of truck delivery or you paid for it? Just curious since my delivery did not include that.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series 2022 Model X
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
might help reduce cost of Powershare installs from $4k+ to less. Many here have noted the typical $4k+ install cost might be inflated due to Tesla credit as a sort-of signal for installers to charge this amount regardless of difficulty time/ involvement.
Probably the case. I just had a PowerShare install last week and they charged $4100 for six hours of labor and materials which was just like 50 feet of wire and conduit. Seemed excessive but not like I had the option to shop it around

gaswalla

First Name
Gas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-P100D, X-P100D, 3, CT
Country flag
so, this is an interesting development
-the 2500 voucher credit does not appear to be limited to Cyberbeasts. So, this is a positive for AWD buyers.
-no gateway or universal wall connector provided, but you can use the voucher to buy the equipment.
-I signed my agreement today, and have a pending contract with a certified installer (which states the equipment is included by Tesla), so more worried that I'll get screwed on the deal by Tesla not providing the equipment and not giving me a voucher than thinking I can double dip.
-we need some data points!

81u80x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD Foundation Series (no VIN yet)
Country flag