ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
People need to realize that the hand mirror adjustments mean absolutely nothing conclusive.

One, these are test vehicles so it's possible not all software or controls are even enabled on them.

Two, it's also just as possible the mirrors could be adjustable both by hand manually or by wire via software, and the driver just chose to tweak it by hand. I would actually like such an optional method it they made the mirrors that way, especially if the manual adjustments fed back into the software and updated the driver profile (they might have been even testing something like that who knows?).

Three, it's also possible the driver was just wiping spots or haze off of the mirror, as the video is not very close up nor clear.

Four, it could be they're trolling because they've know the drones have been above them for months.

I doubt the mirrors would be only manually adjustable due to Tesla having driver profiles, but it doesn't concern me either way.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
I'm not a fan of the "BAD" - Big Ass Dash. Seems like a huge waste of space, just because of their stubborn approach to the windshield angle. There are a lot of impractical flaws with this truck... But, I'll still buy mine and make $10k on the sale after 6 months of use...

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Also, you can see in the beginning of the video some very tight turns. Likely 4WS in action.
Check minute 24:00-24:30 - slow speed swerving, where the tail end moves amazing.

separately, what’s your take on these oddities:

Tesla Cybertruck 🏁 Video: Cybertruck on Fremont Test Track! Also Featuring Gen 1 Roadster [4/1/23] B67E9803-8F43-4022-8EBE-B8B4B52AE9E0

Tesla Cybertruck 🏁 Video: Cybertruck on Fremont Test Track! Also Featuring Gen 1 Roadster [4/1/23] 8CD18ED8-ED52-4772-A4BE-48EAEB397766

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Check minute 24:00-24:30 - slow speed swerving, where the tail end moves amazing.

B67E9803-8F43-4022-8EBE-B8B4B52AE9E0.jpeg

8CD18ED8-ED52-4772-A4BE-48EAEB397766.jpeg
With the lower grade camera being attempted at use at it's (likely) highest resolution, what you're likely seeing are 'rolling shutter' effects. I'll leave that for you to research if you're not sure what that is.

- ÆCIII

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
With the lower grade camera being attempted at use at it's (likely) highest resolution, what you're likely seeing are 'rolling shutter' effects. I'll leave that for you to research if you're not sure what that is.

- ÆCIII

I leave for you actually watching the video before weighing in.

You’d realize how dumb your comment is.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I leave for you actually watching the video before weighing in.

You’d realize how dumb your comment is.
I did watch it.

But if you start emotionally name calling over a post, then you're revealing the state of your own emotions and nothing useful or constructive about comments of anyone else.

I might've actually misunderstood your post, but calling names doesn't really give anyone a chance to know that if such were the case.

You would've been much more helpful to simply say why you think my comment was not accurate.
It would also have been helpful if you would've provided a time indexed link to the point in the video so we're certain to be seeing the exact footage you're referencing. I'm not sure your numerical time references to the footage were even correct.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

CyberROD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired Vet
Country flag
Those are drain plugs for the bed

futureproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Surely this keeps open the possibility of solar panels, though, I am not sure how much good such a small panel would do (maybe charging camping gear and tools?).

The cabin would be well lit in this video if the roof was not opaque.

Tesla Cybertruck 🏁 Video: Cybertruck on Fremont Test Track! Also Featuring Gen 1 Roadster [4/1/23] Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 9.17.43 PM

Last edited:

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Mirror power might just not be hooked up.
I'm not a fan of the "BAD" - Big Ass Dash. Seems like a huge waste of space, just because of their stubborn approach to the windshield angle. There are a lot of impractical flaws with this truck... But, I'll still buy mine and make $10k on the sale after 6 months of use...
Only $10k? You're not using your imagination. If you're gonna be a scalper you gotta learn how to scalp

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Maybe in bed tie down points. Not sure. Not enough resolution to tell. Might well be something they mounted there for testing so might mean nothing.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
Surely this keeps open the possibility of solar panels, though, I am not sure how much good such a small panel would do (maybe charging camping gear and tools?).

The cabin would be well lit in this video if the roof was not opaque.

Screenshot 2023-04-01 at 9.17.43 PM.jpg
this looks more like polarized glass you see in a Mercedes glass roof or a sunshade closed beneath it vs a pv module to me but I can’t rule it out.
bringing in a converter to run what looks like about 18ft2 worth of solar collector doesn’t make any sense to me, so imo, if it’s a solar panel it guarantees some way to add in more as well

Last edited:

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Not sure how much more wasted space will apply on the dash in a cybertruck compared to a regular full-size truck… There seems to be a ton of such similar dash space and my full-size ram truck.

I think the windshield angle looks Lambo-awesome! And, of course, a design necessity for low drag

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
...so - I have a 2019 Ram, new model, and I'm not sure what you mean. I don't have 4 feet of dash space between the steering wheel and the bottom of the windshield as the cyber seems to have. Not sure what I would do with all of that space if I had it. A big waste of space... I'm like 3k in line - and not a fan of that wasted space. I get it - nice frunk - but I use my dash alot, seems stupid...