scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Be happy for yourself. There is charging deserts all over my area. Hopefully that will change. 20% to 80% should not be higher than 20 minutes.
It is better than many places. supercharge dot info
Tesla Cybertruck πŸ”‹ Cybertruck owner's 280mi road trip -- range, consumption Wh/mi, charging speed (AWD Dual-Motor) HDjmMF7
Sponsored

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Trip B:
Sacramento back to the bay area on I5/I580. All highway, tried to keep the speed around 75-80mph, but got caught in some light traffic. 419 Wh/mi.

Tesla Cybertruck πŸ”‹ Cybertruck owner's 280mi road trip -- range, consumption Wh/mi, charging speed (AWD Dual-Motor) 1705291043660-

Tesla Cybertruck πŸ”‹ Cybertruck owner's 280mi road trip -- range, consumption Wh/mi, charging speed (AWD Dual-Motor) 1705291103903-
@susu2142 - nice job and again thanks for taking the time to share.

@Anyone - I did a rough simulation of that using the updated ABRP (other thread) just throwing in the names from the map and the stop at Stockton for a minute as it triggers distance stats in the table. I came pretty close with ABRP to his Wh/mi.
Distance: Him-106; Me-112
Wh/mi: Him-419; Me-419

Re: tried to keep the speed around 75-80mph, but got caught in some light traffic
I could only get ~419 by going a speed of ~60 (55 mph * 109%).

Tesla Cybertruck πŸ”‹ Cybertruck owner's 280mi road trip -- range, consumption Wh/mi, charging speed (AWD Dual-Motor) CQMXush

Re: tried to keep the speed around 75-80mph, but got caught in some light traffic
I could only get ~419 by going a speed of ~60 (55 mph * 109%).
Tesla Cybertruck πŸ”‹ Cybertruck owner's 280mi road trip -- range, consumption Wh/mi, charging speed (AWD Dual-Motor) SXmTWPV

Last edited:

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Be happy for yourself. There is charging deserts all over my area. Hopefully that will change. 20% to 80% should not be higher than 20 minutes.
If you want to engage in wishful thinking why not shoot for 5 minutes?

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
There are very few EVs that charge from 20-80% in less than 20 minutes. My brand new model 3 LR requires 27 minutes under optimal conditions. I believe a few of the Kia/Hyundai cars will do it in 20 minutes or less.

Edit: interestingly, the fastest charging EV (Ioniq 6) in the C&D article added 150 miles in 14 minutes. I generally add about 160 miles in 15 minutes on my model 3, if that helps put things into perspective.

References:
https://www.motortrend.com/features/fastest-charging-evs/
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g46011090/fastest-slowest-ev-charging-times-tested/

Keep in mind that Tesla will likely adjust the charging curve as they learn more. Right now it's not great. It stays at almost 250kW from 0-30% but then drops off way too much (https://outofspecstudios.com/charging). Also, once V4 superchargers begin deployment, it will likely see much better charging rates due to support for 800V.
I have a 2020 Model S and have never seen more than 145 kW charging....even at 15% to 80%.....I charge at a 250kw supercharger with 16 chargers.....I was one time at 5% and charged to 85% and it took 45 min......for me it seems like no matter what SOC I have when starting it always takes 40 to 45 unites...

also, since the last 2-3 software updates, I have noticed a significant efficiency drop.....I have averaged 248wHrs/mi.....now it over 320......the same driving habit/patterns....it's not because of winter in southern californicate.....I think they are playing with the battery in those "ghost" over-the air updates we never see.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
FYI, V3 superchargers don't have the limitation of people pulling in right next to you. I only say this because I nearly corrected someone when I first got my M3 thinking this, then realized after learning more than it only affects V2 and down.
I'm not sure that is true. Right before I returned a M3LR (rental), I stopped at a very busy V3 (250kW) charging station. There were no empty "pairs", so I pulled into a spot next to a MY. I was at ~15% SOC and could barely pull 78kW for initial charge. The MY unplugged and I shot up to 175kW and stayed there for a while, then the normal drop.

I would have no trouble believing some of the V3s have no "pairing", especially if they have plans to expand at some date. Or maybe they are just changing the way they install the SCs

Cobra2326

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
I'm not sure that is true. Right before I returned a M3LR (rental), I stopped at a very busy V3 (250kW) charging station. There were no empty "pairs", so I pulled into a spot next to a MY. I was at ~15% SOC and could barely pull 78kW for initial charge. The MY unplugged and I shot up to 175kW and stayed there for a while, then the normal drop.

I would have no trouble believing some of the V3s have no "pairing", especially if they have plans to expand at some date. Or maybe they are just changing the way they install the SCs
V3 is a completely new architecture for Supercharging. A new 1MW power cabinet with a similar design to our utility-scale products supports peak rates of up to 250kW per car. At this rate, a Model 3 Long Range operating at peak efficiency can recover up to 75 miles of charge in 5 minutes and charge at rates of up to 1,000 miles per hour. Combined with other improvements we’re announcing today, V3 Supercharging will ultimately cut the amount of time customers spend charging by an average of 50%, as modeled on our fleet data.

Supercharger stations with V3’s new power electronics are designed to enable any owner to charge at the full power their battery can take – no more splitting power with a vehicle in the stall next to you.
https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-v3-supercharging

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I would have left my house at 100% SOC with the Cybertruck and did the whole trip (276 miles) without a supercharger stop. Come home with less than 10%. At the energy consumption he was getting, what was the estimated total range?
Sponsored