$100K Delivery Expectations- Am I being too Picky?

DECO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck on order, shopping
Occupation
Software Test Engineer
Country flag
Picked up my CT at Colorado Springs Tesla. It was filthy, they wouldn’t do a thing

about it. Said they spend 2 hours on detailing.
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Very disappointing. Rejecting a vehicle at delivery is always an option.

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
Damn they didn't even try to clean it. Hopefully that's not the only service center close to you, doesn't look like they will care later either.

Also side question, did you have to clear the balance before you got a date for delivery. I've heard conflicting opinions on what you have to do and what you should do. I'm waiting on my delivery but I'm at the balance portion right now.

OP
OP

DECO

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck on order, shopping
Occupation
Software Test Engineer
Country flag
Damn they didn't even try to clean it. Hopefully that's not the only service center close to you, doesn't look like they will care later either.

Also side question, did you have to clear the balance before you got a date for delivery. I've heard conflicting opinions on what you have to do and what you should do. I'm waiting on my delivery but I'm at the balance portion right now.
I set up the payment in the app but they didn’t do the transfer until delivery day.

DFWBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (May??), MS'22 (Sold), M3P (Sold)
Country flag
They delivered my $100k 22 model s with an entire door panel missing. Claiming (before I pointed this out) that 12 people had looked over the car 😑

So while I love the tsla product, their qc is still quite lacking 😅

Coltpete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
That's horrible. I wish Tesla started actually caring about their customers. It's no wonder their sales started flatlining in a world where other manufacturers provide customer service.

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Honestly I’d rather take it home and wash it myself than have some employees doing it.
I agree after seeing the BFK stains on plastic trim that don't seem to come out. I also agree with OP that some pride in your product is expected. Definitely let them know on feedback.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
That is pretty dirty.

I've never taken delivery of a vehicle where the detailing team has done a better job than i can do in 30 min or so, but, it seems they put little to no effort into this one.

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
I’m disappointed for you!! That was utterly ridiculous for them to turn the truck over to you in that condition. I’d make it know as high up as possible (regional manager) if I were you. They owe you a detailing!!

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
This is what happens when employees are not incentivized to sell cars. A traditional dealership has a reputation to protect, and employees that want to sell a car.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Am I being too Picky?
I say yes, waaay too picky - I'd take it and wouldnt mind at all, but I do share the sentiment that Tesla should do a better job delivering new cars.
Sponsored