HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
Given the amount of tech the CT will have that we know about already... And Elon saying that it is the vehicle he will be driving... What do you think might be a big surprise additional feature? For instance, could CT get the cold gas thrusters that have been designed for the roadster?
that would be cool but I don't think I would go for it.
Sponsored

HAL GALLUS

First Name
HAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MODLE 3
Country flag
So, are you saying the plastic wheel covers function as curb rash protection? Rash your wheels and just buy a couple more plastic covers for $35? Cool.

Remember when cars used to have little metal curb feelers that stuck out and down to make a scraping noise when you were within 4 inches of the curb? LOL!
yes I remember. oh dose that make me sound old?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'm getting old enough now that I almost want to install those feelers on my feet.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'm afraid it doesn't make you SOUND old, it makes you ACTUALLY old*. I can't imagine that anyone under 50 knows about the existence of curb feelers.

*Like me. 👴🏻

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Compared to this?

Tesla Cybertruck 4 wheel steering Cybertruck driving video from Tesla Cyber Rodeo event 1675638616742

CT looks beefier and edgier here than your pic.
Keep in mind that the CT is still in prototype stage so there isn't a winch on the front, and you may not like the wheels. But really, this CT looks just as beefy and large as that dinosaur you showed. And it looks like the CT isn't even in the fully raised position.

I can't wait to be able to do some drive comparisons with the dinosaur trucks. They have no idea that the astroid is about to hit and they are living their final days.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm afraid it doesn't make you SOUND old, it makes you ACTUALLY old*. I can't imagine that anyone under 50 knows about the existence of curb feelers.

*Like me. 👴🏻
https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=curb+feelers

The Cybertruck doesn't have a tall, ladder frame. So you're not perched way up top, and instead, have loads of headroom.

-Crissa

Stuck4ger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ / Model Y
Occupation
Test Pilot
Country flag
Given the amount of tech the CT will have that we know about already... And Elon saying that it is the vehicle he will be driving... What do you think might be a big surprise additional feature? For instance, could CT get the cold gas thrusters that have been designed for the roadster?
God, I hope not! I can’t imagine cold gas thrusters having the oomph to do anything to the CT except make noise. And the cost, weight, and complexity sure wouldn’t be worth it in my book.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am done trying to second guess Elon but my comment was addressing things every car has and not flame throwers, outboard motors, or jet thrusters :) those are aftermarket items!

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Could be a water jet for propulsion. Not fast but steady.

With 4WS maybe we have rudder.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I really want to see a current image or vid of Cybertruck with the top light bar operating😈
please!!

teslamaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V
Country flag
I used to think 4-wheel steering was a gilded gimmick to appeal to rich-boy techno-philes. But after driving my GMC Sierra 3500HD for almost a year, I can see how it would be a near necessity for a big hulking pickup.

Parking my Sierra in a diagonally oriented parking space is a challenge, but parking in spaces that are oriented perpendicular to the road is darn near impossible. Forget about making the U-turns that my old Honda CR-V could effortlessly finesse. Now I have to plan out a route usually involving left turns, empty parking lots, and reverse gear that will take me in the other direction. Even negotiating the typical drive-thru can be perilous. I probably couldn't do it at all without the 360-degree, birds-eye cameras.

I have come to see how 4-wheel steering could make a world of difference in driving the CT. The video makes this very clear. The only problem is that it will probably end up being more expensive than I can afford.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Even negotiating the typical drive-thru can be perilous.
Hmmm.... Maybe my CT will come with an unexpected benefit. Keeping me from eating drive through dining.
Sponsored