Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Cyberbeast, S Plaid, X Plaid, MYP, M3P
Occupation
Upgrading Tesla Cybertrucks!
Country flag
Apologize for my ignorance on this - but want to be clear on that diagram.

Where are the brake calipers in relation to that "nub". Is the nub BEHIND or IN FRONT of the break calipers? Or is it elsewhere?

I saw the Cybertruck in person once, and remember there being ample spacing (about 1.5-2"??) between the brake calipers and the oem 20" rims, which would mean an 18" would fit. I don't recall seeing a "nub" protruding anywhere past the calipers, but I also did not look hard enough.

If this "nub" is elsewhere, like closer to the plane of the upper control arm, simply increasing the offset of the wheel (like what the OP's image did) would avoid the nub, no?

Is your solidworks diagram using the OEM offset?

Thanks for sharing this regardless. Next time I check out the Cybertruck will take some photos and look for the nub.
the damper (aka nub) is opposite the caliper.....on the front side of the upright. You could 'offset' the wheel enough to get clearance too, but it's going to poke out significantly...some like poke, others do not...but with the poke, now you run into interference issues with the fender arch trim in lower modes.
Sponsored

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag

gemgem

First Name
Gem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance, G63
Country flag
Nice. Thanks for that. Have these on my Tundra in 17s, absolutely love them.

They also come in the Cybertruck's 6x5.5 bolt pattern with a +12 offset in 18s. Would love to see how these look on it.

1705964038380.png
these are clean! ....but CT needs a 2,620 load rated wheel.

calitruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Tundra Supercharged, Prev: 2007 Tacoma
Country flag
Thanks for the info. Where did you get the load rating from? I haven't been able to find any OEM specs for the wheels, including the offset or the load rating.

these are clean! ....but CT needs a 2,620 load rated wheel.

calitruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wheel or tire?

If it is on the tire it just means what the tire can hold, not the min load rating is for the Cybertruck.

The tire will always show the load rating, but many wheels do not. If the wheel does, it is sometimes on the back.

I don't see the load rating on the OEM Cybertruck wheels. This is taken off ebay.

Tesla Cybertruck Aftermarket 325 wide tires + 18" Method wheels installed on Cybertruck 1706169823056

Tesla Cybertruck Aftermarket 325 wide tires + 18" Method wheels installed on Cybertruck 1706170343681

they're on the wheel.

Last edited:

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Chevy Colorado Bison, Chevy Suburban 2500
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Does anyone know if 37" tires will fit without rubbing issues?

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Does anyone know if 37" tires will fit without rubbing issues?
Not really. You need to space out to clear the upright and/or ball joint stud....but then the inner fender liner is an issue; will need some fairly material triming / mods....then front bumper brackets are a contact point. When there is a will, there is a way, but it's not an ideal fitment at all. If you really want it, we'll do it - but, it requires some mods.

check our video on 37" fitment on Cybertruck

Nexus6

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Chevy Colorado Bison, Chevy Suburban 2500
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Aftermarket 325 wide tires + 18" Method wheels installed on Cybertruck IMG_7960
Thanks Brian-
Thanks for the Video!
I live just over the hill from you guys in Malibu, so I’ll probably be visiting you guys for a Satin Black Wrap when I take delivery of my Tri Motor CT!
I just recently put 37s on my Chevy ZR-2, AEV Bison Edition, with no lift and no rubbing. Granted I did use AEV Highmark Fender Kit, which required a lot of cutting and added a “dished out” fender close out in the front.

I’ve used a heat gun to re-form plastic trim pieces on vehicles in the past, do you think the inner fender plastic could be heated re-formed just enough to make the 37s fit?

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
IMG_7960.jpeg
Thanks Brian-
Thanks for the Video!
I live just over the hill from you guys in Malibu, so I’ll probably be visiting you guys for a Satin Black Wrap when I take delivery of my Tri Motor CT!
I just recently put 37s on my Chevy ZR-2, AEV Bison Edition, with no lift and no rubbing. Granted I did use AEV Highmark Fender Kit, which required a lot of cutting and added a “dished out” fender close out in the front.

I’ve used a heat gun to re-form plastic trim pieces on vehicles in the past, do you think the inner fender plastic could be heated re-formed just enough to make the 37s fit?
Sweet! Come on by any time!

On the heat gun, yes potentially, but will require modifying some of the underlying bracketry / metal as well. The inner fender has some features that bulge into the tire space, to clear what is behind the fender liner...so it all needs pushed back. Depends how perfect you want it and how much your tolerance is for a little rub or reduced turning radius. It's doable if 'mods' dont frighten you. Some folks want a bolt-in, no rub, pure factory fitment - that's a challenge for sure!

gemgem

First Name
Gem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wheel or tire?

If it is on the tire it just means what the tire can hold, not the min load rating is for the Cybertruck.

The tire will always show the load rating, but many wheels do not. If the wheel does, it is sometimes on the back.

I don't see the load rating on the OEM Cybertruck wheels. This is taken off ebay.

1706169823056.png

1706170343681.png
resolution too low. they're casted in the pockets.

rear Gross Axle Weight Rating is 2,380kg.
divide that by 2 = 1,190kg (2,618lbs).
so all these 18x9.0" wheels from the KMCs and Methods of the world are going to fall short of minimum load by a solid 118lbs.

calitruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where did you get the gross axle weight rating?

Not that I don't believe you, but can you at least give us a link or a picture that shows this number casted in the pockets? I can't find this information anywhere. Just want some solid confirmation, that's all. Not trying to be difficult.

resolution too low. they're casted in the pockets.

rear Gross Axle Weight Rating is 2,380kg.

There's a post on reddit with what looks like 18" steelies on a Cybertruck. Looks good.

Tesla Cybertruck Aftermarket 325 wide tires + 18" Method wheels installed on Cybertruck 1706597056370

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Just remember, the treads of the tire matter more than anything. How fast a tire can purge built up snow within the tread is more important than how skinny the tire in.

A skinny tire with tread completely caked up with snow won't do nearly as well as a wide tire that clears it's tread more efficiently.
Not really. The best winter tires I have used are designed for snow to stick to the tread to increase traction.

gemgem

First Name
Gem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Where did you get the gross axle weight rating?

Not that I don't believe you, but can you at least give us a link or a picture that shows this number casted in the pockets? I can't find this information anywhere. Just want some solid confirmation, that's all. Not trying to be difficult.

There's a post on reddit with what looks like 18" steelies on a Cybertruck. Looks good.

1706597056370.png

on my door sticker.....

Tesla Cybertruck Aftermarket 325 wide tires + 18" Method wheels installed on Cybertruck Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 11.30.17 AM

calitruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for that. Exactly what I was looking for. That weight includes the additional max 2500lb payload, current aftermarket wheels are not in spec but should be work unless you are carrying very heavy loads. I'm a lifelong truck owner and haven't seen many aftermarket wheels past the 2500lb weight rating.

on my door sticker.....

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 11.30.17 AM.png
Sponsored