Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I agree with some of Elon's stuff, and not others. But I don't want him to shut up. I mean, some stuff he says I think could get him killed, so I don't want that to happen, but outside of that, speak away, regardless of what I think.

Fundamentally, a quality that makes Elon great at what he does, is he's an odd, data-driven duck. He believes in black and white, success and failure. No fat, all value. I think it's vitally needed in today's world and in the US specifically. It's a big part of the success of Tesla and Space X. They hire the best, strive for the best. He pays little mind to social nuance, trends and pressures. As an engineer, that sounds like a lovely place to work.

With Twitter, he's open about being a free speech absolutist. I am also a FSA, so I'm happy to see him bring that to the platform. I also think he'll make it technologically far superior than it's ever been. As far as what he says, I don't really care. I think it's good he speaks dissenting opinions. I think one of scariest things that have happened in my lifetime is COVID, and the social engineering that went with it. The shunning, the fighting, the hatred. We need to improve social discourse almost as much as we need renewable energy sources. So yeah, the last thing I want is for him - or anyone really - to shut up. But especially the smart, rational people. Speak and don't be scared of angry mobs or social acceptance.
With power comes responsibility. The SEC put Elon in his place and ask Alex Jones if free speech has it's limits. You and I could shout nonsense all day long. We probably won't move markets or start a violent uprising.
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
You chose the two legacy OEM’s both of which are bankrupt by 2026. SLOWLY isn’t the ship that makes course correction in time. FORDe is at least owning that to have a chance it needed to abandon ship to a lighter, more nimble startup to have any chance.

GM is sticking to its big guns hoping ”too big to fail” is its saving grace. GM is wont to go down in blazing glory. Delusional would be anyone who thinks all OEM’s are dead meat. Agreed.

EM has def. conquered the automotive industry and TOY for example was insufferable to his EV message. Realistically, TOY has cash-on-hand to bridge Toyota‘s transition late to BEV but it has lost its premier status and #1 in ignoring BEV.

TSLA, BYD, and a handful of innovators are the future. Many if not all others are d’histoire as they say in French. JEEP filed bankruptcy last week. That’ll be the toll that OEM must pay for missing opportunity. No one missed it harder, bigger than EV-1 which GM crushed it!
* Jeep Stellantis' joint venture in China filed for bankruptcy. Stellantis will still make Jeeps elsewhere though it doesn't bode well that they are abandoning such a large market.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Dictionaries aside, they do make armchair go carts though. They make shit and get it done. For that a lone they have some respect. Do they lack refinement? Probably. Still.

Some people accomplish practically nothing in life and are too scared to attempt much.
Hippies make all-terrain porch-swing chairs, too.

^-^

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
With Twitter, he's open about being a free speech absolutist. I am also a FSA, so I'm happy to see him bring that to the platform. I also think he'll make it technologically far superior than it's ever been. As far as what he says, I don't really care. I think it's good he speaks dissenting opinions. I think one of scariest things that have happened in my lifetime is COVID, and the social engineering that went with it. The shunning, the fighting, the hatred. We need to improve social discourse almost as much as we need renewable energy sources. So yeah, the last thing I want is for him - or anyone really - to shut up. But especially the smart, rational people. Speak and don't be scared of angry mobs or social acceptance.
How FSA are you when it gets people killed?

Because that's what it does. Maybe not you, but people like me, people like the families of politicians, doctors and nurses just trying to provide care.

-Crissa

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
How FSA are you when it gets people killed?

Because that's what it does. Maybe not you, but people like me, people like the families of politicians, doctors and nurses just trying to provide care.

-Crissa
Who have been killed?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
With power comes responsibility. The SEC put Elon in his place and ask Alex Jones if free speech has it's limits. You and I could shout nonsense all day long. We probably won't move markets or start a violent uprising.
No, it doesn't have limits, it has consequence. I know nothing about Alex Jones and his trial. I do know Elon said things he shouldn't have said with regards to Tesla shares, and he paid the appropriate price. As I said, I don't agree with everything he says, just that he can say it.

I don't know why people are so scared of violent uprisings lately. In the US they have created democracy, ended slavery, gay rights...

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Plenty of times is not any times.

-Crissa
I don't have dates or links in front of me; do your own leg work. Plenty is more than one. Believe me or not, I don't care.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Apparently my Threads rhetorical question has struck a nerve. This is a public square discussion on a very small scale but interesting none the less. I have read some well reasoned responses and it is good to hear other opinions.

This world is very different than the 1950's-60's of my youth and although there is a tendency to romanticize our formative years, life was easier when I was a boy. As a white male, that is easy for me to say and I strive to respect all honest non self serving opinions. That said, I do reserve the right to say STFU when appropriate.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.