Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
What's a "gas pedal"?
I looked at that and realized I should have said accelerator after I submitted, but I didn’t care to edit. I think you know what I mean. My bad for sure though!
Sponsored

96Kopper02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
You tell us

IMG_1961.jpeg
Regardless of how this happened (either the turn was taken too fast and you lost control or the brakes did fail) I believe you this is the pole you hit. There is a chunk of the lightbar on the ground that matches the chunk taken out of the truck.
You must have been up on the sidewalk to hit the pole at that angle on the driver’s side! How the heck did you not hit the fence too?
Glad you are ok.

ZillaVilla

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Operations Manager
Country flag
That looks like a low-speed area, 25 - 35 mph max, it's hard to conceive a scenario where someone couldn't go around a corner at that speed thus avoiding going off the road. How fast is 'driving like usual' for you?

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
It looks avoidable.

By turning the wheel.

Tesla will go through the logs and I hope you post what they say about brakes being applied and if they were able to replicate any issue with the brakes.

In my opinion, it looks like you may have been distracted and still getting used to a new vehicle.
simply my opinion from what I have seen so far. Sometimes a memory of an event gets muddy when everything happens so fast.

Also, were the images reversed? how did it not damage the black fence on the right if it hit from that side and on the drivers side of truck? seems like the black fence would be damaged unless the image is flipped somehow

Adrenalinwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck, Founders Roadster 2
Occupation
Custom Home Builder
Country flag
A bit sketchy as Cybertruck and Tesla owners would know, emergency braking would have engaged, brakes are mechanical and with redundancies, can’t engineer out s…mistakes when one mistaken the accelerator for the brake. Happens over and over again and of course, Tesla’s fault….until the data is revealed showing the brake was never depressed. BTW, did your steering wheel fail as well or was the pole moving too fast?

tcmccormick

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Cybertruck (resrv)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It looks avoidable.

By turning the wheel.

Tesla will go through the logs and I hope you post what they say about brakes being applied and if they were able to replicate any issue with the brakes.

In my opinion, it looks like you may have been distracted and still getting used to a new vehicle.
simply my opinion from what I have seen so far. Sometimes a memory of an event gets muddy when everything happens so fast.

Also, were the images reversed? how did it not damage the black fence on the right if it hit from that side and on the drivers side of truck? seems like the black fence would be damaged unless the image is flipped somehow
You know I was thinking with things like Stable Diffusion and MidJourney how easy it would be to create this image. Not saying this person did this, but think how easy it would be to generate FUD for the Main Stream Media to lap up. We know they would rarely verify a story. Before you could use Google Image search and maybe find where someone used a real image from something else to fabricate a story but now since the image can be original you will not find an existing image anymore.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Did he get the logs? I didn't want to read ten pages of speculation.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Tired of the "random accelerator" claims for accidents? Now we move to the brakes. :cool:

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Interesting that the OP hasn't posted Sentry video footage of the accident. They took the time to capture all the still images, but it takes very little time to pull the USB drive from vehicle and get video data from it. The new vehicles supposedly come with a 128GB drive installed, so that should have the footage. Sentry also saves video clips leading up to an impact. We'd like to see that as well.

- ÆCIII

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Interesting that the OP hasn't posted Sentry video footage of the accident. They took the time to capture all the still images, but it takes very little time to pull the USB drive from vehicle and get video data from it. The new vehicles supposedly come with a 128GB drive installed, so that should have the footage. Sentry also saves video clips leading up to an impact. We'd like to see that as well.

- ÆCIII
Have they fixed the sentry mode issue on CT yet? Where the drive fills up and won't overwrite the oldest footage?

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Where is your dashcam footage? My understanding is if a Tesla is involved in any type of crash, it automatically saves the dashcam footage into a folder (called "Events" ? ) that it never overwrites, so the footage is safe. (At least that's what my 2022 MS LR did when I was rear ended last year)
Does CT allow for dash cam footage to be downloaded outside of the vehicle? If so, that's an amazing update, one I've been hoping for from Tesla for a long time. These unadvertised improvements are what make me excited for the truck.

canyoncarver

First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Did he get the logs? I didn't want to read ten pages of speculation.
@Edjcyberbeast said he was going to get log analysis results from Tesla yesterday but never followed up.

Maybe Tesla told him that he didn't apply the brakes before his collision and additionally said that the force of the impact wasn't enough to set off the air bags.

If he chooses to pursue litigation with Tesla the smartest thing he could possibly do is never say anything about the accident on a public forum.

See also;

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-wins-case-in-china-over-crash-fine-apology/

and

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-sues-model-3-brake-failure-claims-china/

canyoncarver

First Name
Nunya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Does CT allow for dash cam footage to be downloaded outside of the vehicle? If so, that's an amazing update, one I've been hoping for from Tesla for a long time. These unadvertised improvements are what make me excited for the truck.
No, you can't download or view dash cam footage remotely from the car, you have to unmount the USB drive and then connect it to a computer to look at the footage when you aren't in the vehicle.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
No, you can't download or view dash cam footage remotely from the car, you have to unmount the USB drive and then connect it to a computer to look at the footage when you aren't in the vehicle.
Then if the vehicle is at Tesla Service, how would it be possible to get the dashcam footage? People are so excited to poke holes in the story that they aren't using critical thinking.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

- ÆCIII
Have they fixed the sentry mode issue on CT yet? Where the drive fills up and won't overwrite the oldest footage?
After only 350 miles at which the accident was said to occur, I highly doubt the sentry mode drive would've been filled up with data.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored