Chevy Silverado EV WT (Work Truck) PRICING Revealed!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Hahaha, it just depends on how far back you want to go!
My dad bought a new 69 Chevy stepside for $2,400. He was a Sheet Metal worker and drove it for a couple of years until he got a company truck. Then I got to drive it in high school from 72-74.
Yep it had the plastic/vinyl bench seat and 3 on the tree. But when I put a cassette stereo in it, I was in heaven! :D
Sponsored

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't see Tesla being the single EV manufacturer. It takes more than one company to supply enough vehicles for the world. I don't know how current this website is, https://ev-top.com/ev-charger-manufacturers-china/, but Tesla is #5 with only one factory. Tesla would need multiple factories in China along with factories around the world to crush Chinese manufactures. I don't see Tesla building the mini/micro cars that are used in China and the Far East. As for Tesla producing a low cost car for Americans, I wish they would/could but I don't see that happening because of their desire to have such a large profit margin. Maybe in 10-15 years but by then their factories will be "manned" by robots and there won't be any jobs for 50-60% of the population. The top 5-10% of the USA can only buy so many cars and once the crash (stock and housing) comes, even they will be hurting. I hope I'm wrong but the way things are going the USA might totally crash before any reasonable regrowth happens.
Tesla doesn't compete in several markets, the neighborhood vehicle or the kei-car, for instance, which comprise the vast majority of cars sold in China and Asia.

Their factory could churn out far more of these much simpler, lighter vehicles, but Elon demands a higher level of safety and capability.

-Crissa

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Tesla doesn't compete in several markets, the neighborhood vehicle or the kei-car, for instance, which comprise the vast majority of cars sold in China and Asia.

Their factory could churn out far more of these much simpler, lighter vehicles, but Elon demands a higher level of safety and capability.

-Crissa
The article referenced is the top 20 EV CHARGER manufacturers... LOL Not the Top EV producers. I think this headline says a lot:
This is about the first half of 2022 (Cleantechnica)

Tesla brought in $5.6 billion in profits, while BYD brought in $0.5 billion. On corporate terms, that's a massive difference.

Byd vs. Tesla

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
Please don’t post speculation as if it is fact. Makes you look like a fool.

What you suggest wouldn’t surprise me. But it is pure speculation.
Please don’t worry about it. Makes you look like a fool.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Well since they will only be capable of making 20K or so of them the first year, the demand will be there if the CyberTruck is late(er).

cyberboi

First Name
jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
turbo
Country flag
Well since they will only be capable of making 20K or so of them the first year, the demand will be there if the CyberTruck is late(er).
Yup, I’ll be waiting for the CT.

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
That's the number if they don't improve on their cell production from August?

-Crissa
It is? ... I totally pulled that one out of my A$$. :)